1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terms of use / Rules update: RDA's and Multi-Clienting

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Maybe you should have followed the conversation. That which you quoted was in reference to a suggestion of limiting guild members allowed to enter RDA's. I guess my sarcasm fell on deaf ears there :(

2. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    I propose that in addition to these changes that RDA's and Champs should be PvP areas. All players should be grey in these areas.

The qq'ing over exploits being fixed are amusing. I'm surprised by how long it took for this to be addressed.

8 people like this.
  3. Really?

Really? Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    WRONG: 90% of the rdas are finished within the first 20 minutes by one of the zerg guilds, rarely does one go unfound, I have to wait for that lucky chance? all this change does is encourage zergs, nothing else. and penalizes the players whos put a lot of work into more then 1 char... This change is telling me my work is for nothing and small groups can no longer stand a chance let alone flourish, to compete under the new rule set you need 20 active players, its sad Im being forced into that.

4. Really?

Really? Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    They should be, its end game content with end game rewards, but keep it real, RDAS will be turned into trammel zone with no attacking before turned into a grey zone....

2 people like this.
  5. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    End game content in any MMO usually requires a fair amount of team work. Social players that commit themselves to a guild obviously fare a better chance at finding and completing end game content. Because team work.

Multiclient PvP as mentioned is nearly unavoidable in RDA's hence the change.

Large guilds are better for the shard. It gives new players a chance to find players to help them consistently. Larger guilds also have a larger presence and stay around longer. The multitudes of here-today-gone-tomorrow guilds of 5-6 players shouldn't expect to have an advantage over players that have learned to work together in larger guilds.

5 people like this.
  6. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    It is funny how you mention this as there is (was) 1 RDA up (Dragon) right now and has been up for hours.

6 people like this.
  7. MrTodd

MrTodd Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Mr.T
    I'm against removing the champ spawns from this rule, because some champs are made in close quarters areas and are the same as a RDA, except for mounts, but still, multiclienting is op and should be negated for the end-game content.

With that in mind, im curious to see if new builds will show up, or ppl will only do champs in pvp templates..

8. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    it was up for about 1.5hours and we did know about it since like 15 minutes after reset and just hoped for some pvp action but noone showed up

9. Derwolf

Derwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014

[e yawn your post is very inaccurate. anyone that does rda's know they spawn randomly all over the world and are a pain the ass to find. the only one that is easy to find is the faction rda.

10. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Not really for you to answer.

@Shane The ghost thing is a legit question. If I die on my bard because he is in factions (which I often do) I usually recall in an alt (with the dead character still dead), handle the Oranges and then recall out on my pvp character. Sometimes depending on survivability/spawn issues I'll res myself before I leave. Either way it's not an advantage since my bard is useless dead. Just want to clarify if this is going to get me banned. It's more about being able to sustain playing solo, not about any sort of advantage over anyone else.

11. Shmufle

Shmufle Member

Jan 23, 2013
    While it's probably better to have it this way, you've just removed a way for other players who haven't taken advantage of this "exploit" to catch up financially to those who abused it. There was a bridge, some people crossed it, and now you broke the bridge: abandoning those who have not yet crossed and thus giving an advantage to those who already have. I highly recommend implementing a new best-ish way to get money that's available to the majority of players: now that you've destroyed the faulty bridge, build a bigger, better one. This could be in the simple form of increasing the loot already in the RDA.

Take a lesson* from pretty much every other successful MMO: always increase players' ability to acquire resources slowly over time; avoid decreasing acquisition potential unless where absolutely necessary, such as an exploit like this. ((You should also increase gold sink opportunities over time, but that's another story.))

*I'm kinda new so I don't really know if you've already learned this lesson. Thumb up if you have!

12. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    For now it would probably be safer to gate him out to res quick at an ankh. I think that is a big factor in why the staff is going to continue to discuss whether to remove champs from this new rule.

2 people like this.
  13. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    I most likely will, I just love when >$< calls in 3 TB factioners who might succeed 10% of the time to kill me, only to run into 4 dragons I load EVERY TIME BECAUSE YOU KIDS ARE SIMPLE...

Sorry, I find that amusing..

2 people like this.
  14. Dig'em

Dig'em Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    No, you're wrong. What is stopping you from looking? What is stopping you from joining a large group? What's stopping your small group from an organized search? You want these rdas handed to you, we earn them with our players, all of us in WERKT leveled a tracked just for rdas, sacced a whole slot just to do it. Don't tell me I'm wrong and act like a child, when you're simply not willing to put the work in

6 people like this.
  15. Bigwyrm

Bigwyrm Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Lets be clear here there are no exploits going on at all here ..No lines crossed ..not looking for way around stuff just simple playing.

All they are doing.. is what everyone since the beginning of UO does and can do at anytime untill now ofcourse.. and just tab over to another char and play him right ?. No cheat progams no running macros on other accounts nothing just simple Alt+tab

And the game must be changed ..?

And they are made out to be some kind of criminals in here this is so absurd ..Get a grip on reality dudes .

5 people like this.
  16. Dig'em

Dig'em Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Lol, spoken like a true $ member

10 people like this.
  17. BEN!

BEN! Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    the reality is multiclienting and walking 3 tamers into RDA gives you a huge advantage as you can't kill 3 characters and 6 pets with 100 mana

it was a really lame tactic and glad it is finally fixed

8 people like this.
  18. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Nice for you, since you roll a tamer. But some of us don't play tamers; makes the game too easy... I enjoyed using 2 archers and a mage for summons but alas this is no longer allowed due to # of pages...

maybe in turn we could revamp RDAs to make them easier? Make the mob/bosses dispel summons less, or have less HP, or something to help smaller guilds and non tamers alike?

19. dobber

dobber Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2015
    dailyllama
    No one is calling anyone criminals. We, as a shard, are just coming to the realization that at this stage of the shard, there needs to be more limitations on multi-accounting. The shard is big enough now that no one needs a crutch of being able to use 3 characters for end-game content.

Also, there is an inevitibility that multi-client PVP will happen. When people try to raid a champ that is being run by multi-client PVP tamers, the defenders can just tab through their characters and heal others' pets, ress other players, all guard, meditate, etc and never really be counted as multi-client PVP.

4 people like this.
  20. BEN!

BEN! Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    pretty sure no ones complaining about you

don't think i have ever seen you in a RDA so i would be very surprised if this has any affect on how you play the game whatsoever

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.