1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terms of use / Rules update: RDA's and Multi-Clienting

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Due to continual abuse and much in-house debate we have decided to disallow more than one character per person inside of an RDA (Random Dungeon Adventure) at any time.
    This does not include outside of RDA portal.

If you suspect abuse please PM a STAFF MEMBER on the forums (http://uoforum.com) with character names involved along with a clear screenshot or video of both characters in the same location with active bars so staff may further investigate.

I will leave this for open discussion for all questions or scenarios that anyone may have at this time. This is also a warning that if anyone de-rails or otherwise trolls in this thread you will be PERMANENTLY banned from the forums.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    33 people like this.
  2. Duckworth

Duckworth Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2014
  3. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    49 people like this.
  4. Andrastian

Andrastian Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Andraste, Lystriella, Vrigka
  5. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I'd like to add that theres like two guilds who basically run a monopoly on these RDA's and the sole reason for this is because they are using 2-3 accounts each with tamers to do this.

They have been generally operating in the rules but they've been walking that fine line for awhile here and i think this rule will get more people actually wanting to give RDA's a try instead of being all "What's the point, there's gunna be X guild there with 10 pets and only 3 actual people controlling those pets".

Eventually they start breaking the rules and going over that line because they can't control all those pets at one time since THAT is against the rules already.

26 people like this.
  6. Wizx13

Wizx13 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    The only thing i see as a hindrance is i usually play my champ char on one account and have my pvp one on stand by in case we have to defend against pks. I guess with new rules i will need to recall out to defend with my other toon .

2 people like this.
  7. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    not allowed to bring alts in the res yourself?

8. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Yes, unfortunately this has been made a common thing because free to play.

When we first started out this was allowed cause we didn't have the people for it, now we have a lot of people and it's just OP now since there's guilds running 2-3 clients at once with 5 guys. They end up going over the line and breaking the rules, we get constant pages and complaints so we decided to clearly state some rules on it.

4 people like this.
  9. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Well if your ghost is a tamer, your pets are alive still. You bring your fencer in to res you and all of a sudden pk's come in and you get attacked on your fencer just as your tamer gets resed, chances are you are going to say "all guard me" or "all kill" which puts you in a using TWO clients to pvp simultaneously situation which is against the rules.

Now you can be banned, and those pk's who just killed you got it all on video.

That's how shit like this happens and why this rule needs to be put in place.

16 people like this.
  10. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    13 people like this.
  11. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    I do feel like a lot of damage has been done by a certain few members of this community and this is almost too little too late, but alas...glad to see something finally change.

19 people like this.
  12. Really?

Really? Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    This is a joke, lets tend to the 10 crybabies in IRC, Have you really sat around and thought about this change? it gives small guilds no chance, if u have 4-5 players only and u have to use 10 minutes switching chars, ALL THIS DOES IS ENCOURAGE ZERGS, Guilds such as WREKT who are "dominating" the RDAS have 50 active members, 30 members in the rda, this changes nothing for them, the same for EQMS who zerg 20 people deep, small guilds who function well small like T^C $ TBA and even power have no chance because they are smaller groups, SO I Guess this is the ticket to MASS RECRUIT the shard, make 2-3 guilds only total and zerg things to death. Get YOUR ZERG BOOTS OUT! Welcome to the 2 guild shard....

6 people like this.
  13. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  14. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    This is going to change the way some guilds operate, and some guilds will continue to operate much the same way. In certain situations this change will still favor the guilds that have abused multi-clienting in the past, they'll just stack up alts outside while a smaller guild that may have already dug into an RDA won't be able to stack up inside.

Now it's gonna be a game of harrassing alts and keeping people out of the gate. Fights are going to be outside the gate. - That's a good thing.

I think the most important thing that needs fixed now is recalling straight out of RDAs. I don't know if they are fixed or not but it seems to me like that needs to be taken care of ASAP.

Another thing is help stuck and the 5 minute delay on the collapse of an RDA. You'll have people help stucking the loot out a lot more now. Maybe that should be looked at also.

6 people like this.
  15. hApPyNoOb

hApPyNoOb Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2015
    This hit on $ more than any other guilds!

GL mOoney, meta game has changed.

2 people like this.
  16. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

From other people is recalling directly out of RDA's a bad thing? If we made it so you can't, what stops people from just energy fielding the bloody gate from outside and killing everyone that comes out...

Guilds will let people do thje RDA then just wait outside the portal imo.

12 people like this.
  17. Wizx13

Wizx13 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    I know its gonna make it harder on small guilds for sure.
    Good example is oaks.
    I usually run my archer in the field and my evil ev slinger on the roof. Parking my pvp toon on roof as well for when we get raided. Almost all champs we do we are all on at least 2 clients in the champ and we still struggle at times.

2 people like this.
  18. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    That's what the gate has always been about.

That's how 4/6 or 5/6 of the gates work.

Except for the ones that don't.

It is not indented to be this way.

19. Bobby123

Bobby123 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Bobby
    UH Oh !

I forsee another problem in a month or 2 !

THE ZERG IS COMING !

2 people like this.
  20. TameTame

TameTame Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Tame Tame
    Are these rules just for RDA? and champs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.