Targeting in razor or uosteam

Dawgdoc

Journeyman
Need some advice on targeting and hot keys. What is the difference between closest and nearest in razor and steam?

There's so many dang options I'm not sure which one I want.....target nearest/closest enemy murderer grey etc etc etc.....

Pulling bars in the heat of pvp is darn near impossible....at least for me in the classic client it is. Sallos makes it easier but I dont use that 24/7. Very little at all at this point since I'm still macroing up alts and farming gold with a good bit of PvM stuff while I rebuild my bank.

How do people hotkey their pvp targets? I obviously have target last and target self hot keyed but really want one for pvp enemies to that I can tag them as my target and just last target on them.

Do people use smart enemy/friendly target options?

How about queuing target self and last target?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips or info :)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
In razor you can use the hotkeys for target closest right out of the box(make sure you are using humanoid). In steam, you need to either hit last target after their closest hot keys or make a macro that combines that two because their closest hot keys wont drop the spells.

As for pulling bars, use shift+click and drag the bubble name that comes up. There is also a macro you can make that auto pulls bars in steam of everyone on your screen.

That being said -- your best bet is to use Sallos for PVP.

Dawgdoc

Journeyman
In razor you can use the hotkeys for target closest right out of the box(make sure you are using humanoid). In steam, you need to either hit last target after their closest hot keys or make a macro that combines that two because their closest hot keys wont drop the spells.

As for pulling bars, use shift+click and drag the bubble name that comes up. There is also a macro you can make that auto pulls bars in steam of everyone on your screen.

That being said -- your best bet is to use Sallos for PVP.

Thanks for the info Glut.

Closest or Nearest? Any idea the difference?

I love how smooth Sallos is, but I just recently back and still getting myself sorted out. My current PvP is defending myself at mob spawns while I rebuild my bank etc lol ...and although I love how Sallos feels I don't think I can effectively use it 24/7 for PvM?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You can surely use it for PvM -- why not? Unless you're relying on complex macros for PvM?

I think nearest will toggle between the 2 closest enemies, not sure -- I havent used steam in a while.

halygon

Grandmaster
You can surely use it for PvM -- why not? Unless you're relying on complex macros for PvM?

I think nearest will toggle between the 2 closest enemies, not sure -- I havent used steam in a while.
I believe that is correct.

Nearest = Closest target to you
Closest = selects between the closest 2 targets beside you

*or vice versa

For UOS, i typically have two hot keys, ones to cycle through enemies and one to cycle through friends. I then have a last target to actually drop spells on them or an attack last to attack them. I also use a set last target hotkey to manually set targets when there are too many on screen to cycle through or you find a need to use it. Usuing target closest or target nearest means you need to position yourself near them, which can give away a sync (although its faster in some cases).

Dawgdoc

Journeyman
@GluttonySDS Hmmm I was told NOT to use Sallos for PvM because its limited in many ways other than its enhanced performance such as many invisible mobs/etc....

No I dont use any complex macros at all when playing. Simple typical stuff like target last/self, All kill, Gheal/Miniheal self, bandage last, etc.....

So as a Sallos user you would recommend using it for 24/7 play other than my crafters and skill gain macroing?

@halygon ty for the explaination :)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Yea, there are some mobs you cant see on sallos(werewolves etc). I admittedly dont do much PvM but I dont see a reason why you wouldnt be able to use sallos for it aside from invis mobs.

The only thing you cannot use sallos well for is training up a char or doing complex crafting macros.