Taming??

MicMatty

Neophyte
Okay I haven't played UO in quite awhile I use to play on another shard that seems to no longer be around my account was probably like 10 years old or more but I will say this I am pretty sure they didn't make skill gains easier but why is it that on UO forever taming feels extremely slow? I've looked at guides for taming on the forums and try to follow it but I log off my tamer cause I just can't stand the slow gain like I know taming isn't easy to level but I just don't remember it feeling this slow.

Ranker

Master
Okay I haven't played UO in quite awhile I use to play on another shard that seems to no longer be around my account was probably like 10 years old or more but I will say this I am pretty sure they didn't make skill gains easier but why is it that on UO forever taming feels extremely slow? I've looked at guides for taming on the forums and try to follow it but I log off my tamer cause I just can't stand the slow gain like I know taming isn't easy to level but I just don't remember it feeling this slow.

The reason for that is because of how much you can make with a Tamer/Meta Pets. I don't have a Tamer with high taming for that very reason but I also understand why it is how it is.

MicMatty

Neophyte
The reason for that is because of how much you can make with a Tamer/Meta Pets. I don't have a Tamer with high taming for that very reason but I also understand why it is how it is.

I get that don't get me wrong but at the same time you play video games to enjoy yourself not get stressed and log because you only gain 0.1 in like 15-30mins and specially when you have to deal with Reds,Mobs, etc..

Chemical

Novice
Ya it's brutally slow and very discouraging to play one. I was hoping to get more point this past weekend. However it was a feeding frenzy for pk's. They must have loved this weekend. Grieving all the people with no loot and no defence.

I had my stealther at shame scorps and watch from my second monitor and it was like clockwork every 30-45 min a red would show up. I even saw 4 of them at once .

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Pack plenty of pro-plus, strong coffee, a nice sturdy punch bag and you will be fine.. It wont hurt getting some anti-depressants also...

If you start to feel weird, hallucinate and hear voices do not give up, all of these signs are just a part of making a tamer..

drasked

Grandmaster

I think taming being so slow to level is a remnant of tamers being by far the best PVM route. With the introduction of meta talismans i think staff should revisit the speed of raising taming.

Some One

Master
I think taming being so slow to level is a remnant of tamers being by far the best PVM route. With the introduction of meta talismans i think staff should revisit the speed of raising taming.
Or the speed of the other meta characters.They can make that gold super fast too.

MadNezz

Master
Pack plenty of pro-plus, strong coffee, a nice sturdy punch bag and you will be fine.. It wont hurt getting some anti-depressants also...

If you start to feel weird, hallucinate and hear voices do not give up, all of these signs are just a part of making a tamer..
LOL. After making tamers on official servers and AI the struggle is real. Which is why my tamer is 4xMage atm with 50.1 taming. One day ill find something that is worth so much money I can sell it and buy 40+ taming SS.

Ranker

Master
I perfer playing a Dexxer for the most part anyhow, is it slower going? Yep. But its what I like to play so meh. Maybe like MadNezz said if I am rich enough to buy my taming I will lol.

MadNezz

Master
For some reason every skill is legal to macro except taming...otherwise we be scriptin' like the old days

StegcO

Grandmaster
Taming allow your char to be protected by two pets with high stats and 6x or 7X gm skills or more.

Its needs to be slow