Taming SS

drinn

Grandmaster
Just another complain...

but I just saw in a trade (nothing was traded) some dude at Docks having 47 Taming SS. Seriously 47... I have seen some dude's YouTube video making Taming GM via 33 Taming SS, so skill has been 67.

47 Taming SS so its like 7 mil in gp (47 * 150k), or $470 in dollars (47 * $10). You only have to get Taming 3% by normal way. Maybe that dude was trying to achieve getting Taming GM by just using skill scrolls.

I'm questioning, if that's too much. If this shard has gone too far regarding taming. All the complains about Taming being too op @ events and tamers getting everything. And $470 might be less money for some Americans to put in some random game.

I'm just saying since some ppl have taken this donating too far and not actually doing "leveling" fairly enough. Situation is completely unequal.

monktoast

Expert
Does it truly matter if gamers raise skull like this? in the long run it helps the shard stay healthy.

Also they said they are going to make events more accessible to all not just tamers.

to me it's not about how fast skills are raised, who cares? That option is there to do it fast with loads of money but the point of the game is what you do with your characters. Some people don't have months to raise their skill and want to get playing instead of macroing bulls 24/7 for 2 months

I don't believe it effects the overall health if the game in a bad way.

drinn

Grandmaster
My god, did I just read that?

Yes you did. I think this is a recent issue here, so I opened a topic for that.

so they said they are going to make events more accessible to all not just tamers.

That's true and its good. And its good for shard to receive some donation money to be able to be up. But at the same time its fucking ******** that some players donate in order to get taming GM. Its kind of ruining the shard too.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
you cant donate for tame scrolls
they have to be farmed by players in the first place lol
the fact that theres so many just shows how many people enjoy farming on UOF!
the ai here is pretty good you have to admit the easter event was insanely fun!
the reason those scrolls sell for so much is based on rarity
you can farm 125-150k in an hour and sometimes get about one tame ss per hour if you're good
but you can't donate for tame ss and it's not ruining the shard, that's ridiculous
#1 thing that actually hurts a server is pure negativity which is all this was about, clearly
shame on you guys for nay-saying donations give it a rest, staff has used it wisely and created some glorious systems just for our enjoyment so please, drop this! thanks:D

drinn

Grandmaster
uhh you will find occasionally ppl selling Taming SS @ forums or IRC, I think its not based on rarity

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
Which mobs need to farm that get 1 taming ss in day?5-7 hours farm?
i am farm sometimes 5-7 hour and dont get no one taming ss
my choice :elem,balrons,wyrm,hytloth 4
i am farm mobs without stopping but get taming only in 2-4 week
wtf:(
many ss but no one taming:((((

drinn

Grandmaster
Don't you agree with the fact that leveling up Taming happens through Skill scrolls on this shard, which people are only buying. No actual leveling happens in that skill, so something is wrong in my opinion. This is not a troll.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
you cant donate for tame scrolls
they have to be farmed by players in the first place lol
the fact that theres so many just shows how many people enjoy farming on UOF!
the ai here is pretty good you have to admit the easter event was insanely fun!
the reason those scrolls sell for so much is based on rarity
you can farm 125-150k in an hour and sometimes get about one tame ss per hour if you're good
but you can't donate for tame ss and it's not ruining the shard, that's ridiculous
#1 thing that actually hurts a server is pure negativity which is all this was about, clearly
shame on you guys for nay-saying donations give it a rest, staff has used it wisely and created some glorious systems just for our enjoyment so please, drop this! thanks:D

I don't think he means buying them through the store, but donating for donation coins, selling them for gold and buying skill scrolls with the gold earned through selling the donation coins. But regardless of this, some folks do not have the time to train up taming since it takes a decent amount of time to train, so although its a potential work around into buying taming skill scrolls, it only benefits the server in the long term by keeping the lights on/providing incentive to continue running the shard.

Am I the only person without a tamer on here?

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
Woa woa woa, who said anything about buying these scrolls. i can honestly say that i farmed about 30 of these scrolls. I maybe bought 7 of these and that was only if i got them at a good price. I still had to put the work in to farm these.

drinn

Grandmaster
Woa woa woa, who said anything about buying these scrolls. i can honestly say that i farmed about 30 of these scrolls. I maybe bought 7 of these and that was only if i got them at a good price. I still had to put the work in to farm these.

Why not train Taming instead of farming those skill scrolls? No logic in there.

monktoast

Expert
why do you care if someone farms scrolls or tames bulls forever? whats the difference in using gold to buy skill scrolls then using gold to buy leet weapons instead of farming those weapons yourself?

the work is always done, its just not always done by the person who has the gold to avoid the work

your logic sucks dude, and your reasoning is even worse that its bad for the shard?