Talisman Question

Samosa

Adept
I just got a Quench Relic. A little box pops up and it counts backwards but I still take damage. I see when the message pops up when it's activated but I want to know what the box is that pops up counting. I am new to this. Thanks.

Peav

Grandmaster
I just got a Quench Relic. A little box pops up and it counts backwards but I still take damage. I see when the message pops up when it's activated but I want to know what the box is that pops up counting. I am new to this. Thanks.

Quench
Quench provides a chance to resist fire breath. Once triggered it provides protection against fire breath for a period of time determined by the relic level. The duration lasts for (Level * 5) seconds. The cooldown decreases by 90 - (Level * 2).

So basically what the box does is tell you when it's activated. The countdown shows up and as the numbers go down thats for what period of time the immunity lasts. So example of the above would be if you're level 10 quench you will have 50 seconds being safe to fire breath and the countdown box will show you:

etc.

Additional note to that is:
Fire breaths deal 1 damage to you once it's activated, It doesn't completely remove the damage and influences your bandages ticks.

Samosa

Adept
If you use a bandage while the Quench is activated, does that stop the relic from protecting from fire. I see its activated, I have 29 secs left but after I use a Band-Aid, it seems I am still taking damage. Just wondering if healing while its activated effects it.

Last edited:

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The 29 seconds is time until next activation. The duration is level*5s so at level 1 it is only 5s and level 10 is 50s while it is 88s before reactivating at level 1 and 70s art level 10.

Chediak

Adept
The countdown timer is a bit confusing because it displays for 2 different reasons:
  1. The timer begins counting down when quench is activated, then disappears when quench becomes inactive
  2. If you are hit with firebreath while quench inactive, the timer displays how much longer until it can be activated again
When either timer runs down to 0, the display for quench timer disappears.

Samosa

Adept
Thank you...It is very confusing...LOL...I think I am getting the hang of it. I thought the timer in the box was how long it was on but it is the opposite.