1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Updates Inbound!

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Sea champ is in, updated main post. Also new butler is in too but we need to make a separate post on how to upgrade your current butler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    8 people like this.
  2. Lady Macbeth

Lady Macbeth Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I smell death ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 people like this.
  3. SirLothar

SirLothar Moderator Staff Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Sir Lothar, Nicolas Cage
    Awesome @Shane , consider making the boss bump back to altar like coon? I mean imagine luring it miles away out in the sea.

4. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    After we've had multiple people test things we are going to:

Make it so boats aren't blocked as easy by blood, gold etc.
    Make all new custom mobs for the entire champion.
    Remove a ton of the krakens.
    Look over the champion code for lag issues we seem to be having in that area.
    Possibly make the champion spawn loot drop as booty chests that you drive over with your boat to obtain.
    If we do this, we will remove the entire platform, but i kind of like the platform.

Feedback is welcome for those who have tried it so far.

5 people like this.
  5. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Just wrote a post about this in the suggestions thread and then you posted @Shane

Made me very happy!!

Cheers

6. Deadpool

Deadpool Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I honestly think the altar thing could stay but maybe place it atop a dock/pier that is literally only the tiles' width/length of it so that way no spawn or people can get onto it. You could even put the invisible blockers so no one can land on it. Just an idea.

7. Blackmartin

Blackmartin Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Did this event in its entirety. Besides the issues you already seem to be working on, here's a few I noticed:
    1). Both areas are difficult to move around on, the docks and the water, without being blocked by players, spawn, or boats.
    2). It is difficult to drag & target spawn in that area. Kraken hit boxes go crazy when holding control+shift making it hard to pull hp frames.
    3). It is exceedingly difficult to actually loot spawn. Besides being physically blocked, the coves in the docks won't fit a boat and are to far away when standing on the docks to actually loot corpses. Grabbing corpses in the water when on a boat is often blocked

8. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    form what i have seen i know there still working on it but form what i have seen the spawn and some new sea monsters are very cool i had to die to see it all so the photos are in black and white love that new sea horse that was way to cool to see i like that one so everyone give it some time let the gm fix some of the problems you will love it send and ty to the gm that did a very nice job on it

9. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    I would suggest cutting off that platform off from tge dock. Making it a small island itself. Maybe add some spokes to spread the spawn radius while blocking less water. Making like a compass with the alter in the middle and docks going NSEW.

10. Young Star

Jul 6, 2015
    @Shane . Something like this would be cool:
    [​IMG]

11. Blackmartin

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Looks like a starfish trapped in an embryo :p

12. Young Star

Jul 6, 2015
    Yeah I am more focused on the man made island more so then the lagoon they made around it. That is something that could also be added but I could see that getting completely filled with spawn if it generates as fast as it did in the inaugural run.

2 people like this.
  13. JoeB

JoeB Moderator Staff Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Both Ki-Rin Passage and Serpentine Passage are now recallable/gatable/markable. These passages are connected directly to Ankh Dungeon. There is something special in both passages. I encourage you to pm me your opinions on the two dungeons as I have been adjusting things when I get feedback and agree. Specifically @Bromista has been having discussions with me in regards to the pvm aspect of the dungeons thus far so thank you to him.

2 people like this.
  14. clutchxo

clutchxo Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Nice, now we can actually farm.

15. Blackmartin

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Yeah Kirin passage, such a drool fest for meta farming.
    I explored Ankh though and didn't find a way to Serpentine, where is that? :)

16. clutchxo

Jun 27, 2014
    Should be far south west corner. I think that black demon spawns in there. The guardian dude, the actual passage is blocked off with rocks.

17. Blackmartin

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Ah so not accessible yet

18. clutchxo

Jun 27, 2014
    Not sure, I haven't adventured there yet. Well, that deep :p

19. JoeB

JoeB Moderator Staff Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Serpentine is accessible you are looking in the wrong part of the dungo. Has been since we opened it up.

2 people like this.
  20. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Apologies on the delay with the guild system and the fixed on the champ system.
    We've been under some heavy dos attacks and we have been dealing with non stop server issues and host changes during all last week, this weekend and this week.

As you can see our main website has been down for over 16 hours now.

We are prioritizing things and getting all our services online is #1.

Thank you guys for waiting on this, without these issues, this all would of been in on time, i just want to state that full out.

We will be releasing guild system for testing right away and the butler is 100% done.
    We need to do multiple changes with the water champ to make it how we want it exactly. It is a very unique champion spawn since boat activity is being forced and cannons are being used.

Thanks again

7 people like this.