Small House Design post your Picks

cdbk

Neophyte
this is my 7 x 14
house__zps5e2c33c9.jpg

Xonryz

Apprentice
I'm trying to wrap my head around your design - Did you sacrifice most of your housing space just to make it look like you built underground?

cdbk

Neophyte
I've finally managed to create a believable basement at the sacrifice of a few tiles around the edge of the lot. The 'ground floor' is mostly built on the second level, aside from the fence

Xonryz

Apprentice
I've finally managed to create a believable basement at the sacrifice of a few tiles around the edge of the lot. The 'ground floor' is mostly built on the second level, aside from the fence
That's what I was thinking - you'd have to have put the stairway on the first floor, but put grass (on the second floor) over it for 3D effect, and if I'm not mistaken, you blended it in with grass on the first floor.

There's a liiiittle bit of grass from the 2nd floor over the fence in the NE corner.

It looks pretty amazing, though. I for one am pretty impressed by a lot of designs I've seen on this server - most of the houses back in AoS when I was still playing were just big cubes. :D

Edit: Man, that's made me sad- my friend made a lot out of a small plot (he rejoined, as pretty much a newbie, post-AoS, so there weren't any house plots available for some time) and I'll never get to see it, and likely thousands of awesome houses, again. :(