Slayer Spell Books - What We Know so Far

Vrigka' Orgoth

Apprentice
So I don't see many threads on this, and I know there wasn't any announcement so I'm just going to put what I know about them from personal testing so far and anyone else that has facts about them post away!

Things I Know!

1: They are Craftable! (Brit Crafting Station % Chance)

2: They have durability! (Im assuming once this hits 0 its gone)

3. You only have to HOLD the book for it to work! No spells needed inside. I did 112 dmg to a Lizardman with an empty book!

Things I do not know!

1: Is there a way to refill charges.

2: Can they be blessed.

Discuss!

Vrigka' Orgoth

Apprentice
What resources are needed?

Do you choose the type of slayer to craft?

You don't choose the type, its random, exactly the same as bows or metal weps!

About the resources I'm not entirely sure, just know the ones I have bought are crafted and marked by the name of crafter!

Vrigka' Orgoth

Apprentice
If allowed to be blessed they would need to be rechargeable imo.

I sort of like the limited charges/non-bless aspect. You don't see warriors running around with unbreakable blessed Slayer Katanas. Also it will make hunting mages with my PKer more profitable haha. Also will keep prices reasonable, and not just for the rich!

lollo

Grandmaster
I sort of like the limited charges/non-bless aspect. You don't see warriors running around with unbreakable blessed Slayer Katanas. Also it will make hunting mages with my PKer more profitable haha. Also will keep prices reasonable, and not just for the rich!

Yeah but weapons can be repaired, these things apparently cannot be recharged

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Yeah but weapons can be repaired, these things apparently cannot be recharged

but they are gonna be pretty cheap eventuallly. imo we are lucky to get slayer books at all and it makes the meta mage viable to everyone at the same time as boosting crafting. im glad they are perishable.

Sounds like a win win to me

Fattson

Grandmaster
but they are gonna be pretty cheap eventuallly. imo we are lucky to get slayer books at all and it makes the meta mage viable to everyone at the same time as boosting crafting. im glad they are perishable.

This

You are right. We finally got spell books, but to make 307 spell books that can not be recycled for two slayer books kind of sucks. Specially since they are not repairable like slayer weps. They shouldn't be blessed at all, but we should be able to repair them somehow.
And the charges differ. My repond is 990 but earth shatter is 690.

lollo

Grandmaster

Yeah as i said in another thread i agree with the way staff implemented this. Eventually these are going to be 10-20k each and it won't be a problem.

I like rare stuff like old slayer spellbooks to remain rare

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You are right. We finally got spell books, but to make 307 spell books that can not be recycled for two slayer books kind of sucks. Specially since they are not repairable like slayer weps. They shouldn't be blessed at all, but we should be able to repair them somehow.
And the charges differ. My repond is 990 but earth shatter is 690.

yea obv if the chance is really small then the price will have to be adjusted to cover all the material cost of all the trash books or the rate increased if the cost gets to high people wont use them

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
is there any conformation on Superslayers having more charges than lesser slayers? or are they still all by chance?
would like to know if Super Slayers have like a 700-1000 range, and lesser have like 600-800 or something like that

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
i know its random, im saying do we have a range yet on the charges? i ask because i know its still early dont know if there are enough out there to data mine it yet

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
if i wasnt at work i would lol, i'll keep a look out on it tho and see what i can find, since knowing a range on them would help especially in resale value knowing if its a perfect charge or lesser ya know?

Young Star

Grandmaster
I would be OK if they made it 2k charges OR making a way to use another resource to max out the charges at something like 2-4k. I guess we will see how fast these get burned up at champs or farming. I think some people over-estimate how many spells they cast on average at a champ. Also you don't really need to equip it until lvl 3 or maybe 2 depending on the spawn.

For regular farming that earth shatter book with 690 charges for example you are pretty much killing 690 earth eles using e-bolt. At 100gp a pop that is still 69k + gems. For other useful slayers the payoff can be even higher if you are frugal about looting all your kills.

Are charges burned on every spell or only direct damage? So if every time I need to heal or cure will I have to disarm to avoid burning a charge?