**Slayer Armor Revealed** Recipes Inside

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Ok, Since there is little information about slayer armor being shared, I have decided to reveal all I find out about the recipes. I will update this post as I find more information. Once I find all the recipes I will make my crystal workbench public for all to use.

I am doing this because slayer armor should be more accessible. I have only heard of a handful of people that can craft it and even fewer I know of that currently use it due to its price.

My goal here is to bring the costs of runes and slayer armor down to a reasonable price and educate the players on what their glowing runes are actually worth.

This means no more blindly selling runes at the same cost. Once all recipes are revealed, there can be a fair price determined for each rune based on what slayers they apply to.

Feel free to contribute slayer recipes if you know them. I will add them to my list once it is confirmed.

Current Known Slayers:

Reptile: 'punt'
Exorcism: 'bakr'
Snake's Bane: 'nra'
Blood Drinking: 'shu'
Vacuum: 'fa'
Orc Slaying: 'ves'
Scorpion's Bane: 'gle'

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Yea, that's what I figured. So it really is impossible for people to "sell" the recipes then, since you don't gain anything from having the actual scroll.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
This is what I have and submit. Ultima nerd warning keep in mind that the powerwords are not actual gargish words. Some letters/runes of gargish do not exist IN game art so don't spaz.

I have more information, but in due time.
Powerword = Translation

• shu = Blood Drinking
  • nra = Snake Bane
  • klech = Ogre Thrashing
  • muta = Terathan
  • gle = Scorpion Bane
  • zhajd = Demon Dismissal
  • mar = Fey Slayer
  • dir = Troll Slayer
  • nge = Spiders Death
  • chez = Gargoyles Foe
  • ti = Water Dissipation
  • vang = Balron Damnation
  • bakr = Exorcism
  • nechra = Silver (Currently Broken DO NOT USE *Looks at Adam *)
  • fihla =Arachnid Doom
  • kligle = Repond
  • nga = Lizardman Slayer
  • punt = Reptilian Slayer
  • fa = Vacuum
  • nganl = Dragon Slayer
  • kihl = Ophidian Slayer
  • gash = Elemental Ban
  • ba = Flame Dousing
  • pnl = Elemental Health
  • zhu = Earth Shatter
  • mi = Summer Wind
  • ves = Orc Slayer

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Big thanks to Blaine for making the rest of the slayer recipes public.

Saved me a ton of time and hopefully prices for glowing runes will come down now since people will know how much it takes to make the slayer armor.

As an example:
Many people are charging 5k a piece for the glowing runes.
One piece of Exorcism Armor would require 4 runes.
6 pieces of armor = 24 runes
That is 120k in costs just in runes, that doesn't include time spent looking for the people selling the runes or the time spent doing the research, organizing the runes, etc.
Then add in the costs of the base armor, I typically sell an invuln. dex suit for 14k easy.

So you are looking at 130-150k per slayer set just to break even at the current costs of glowing runes. This could be more as some slayers require more runes. Also if you want double slayer armor, you can double these costs.

My point is: People need to bring the costs of glowing runes down to a reasonable level if they want to see slayer armor actually in use.

I will be making my crystal workbench public sometime this weekend.
I will also update the wiki this weekend.

Thanks again for the help Blaine.

halygon

Grandmaster
I will be making my crystal workbench public sometime this weekend.
I will also update the wiki this weekend..
Great idea. If I can get a crystal workbench I'll open the second floor of my library to the public as a close to guard line smithing spot.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
should use all the information here to make a guide in guide section
also add existing information about the uses of slayer armor and skill levels req etc, including credits to all deserving.

halygon

Grandmaster
should use all the information here to make a guide in guide section
also add existing information about the uses of slayer armor and skill levels req etc, including credits to all deserving.
There is already a guide about this thanks to @Bradley. I edited it and added a bit more info. For any guides to wiki pages like this, it should just have a link reference to this thread to give credits.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Idk I think I'd pay 150k for a set of slayer armor. In a heart beat!
That being said, I still sell glow runes for 2.5k all day

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Well they definitely don't sell for 150k, ask anyone who is selling them what their prices are and its likely double that. The time it takes to buy the correct runes, collect the perfect armor pieces etc. And I don't think slayer armor will become widely used at 150-300k a set. How many people willing to risk losing 300k every time they go hunting? If that price could come down to 75-100k I think we would see a lot more people using it. But in order for it to come down to that price, the runes need to be priced around 1k for the more common ones and up to 2.5k for the more desired ones.

I sell super slayer weapons for 12-15k and that is what id hope the price of each armor piece to be around eventually. Runes arn't as hard to get as people make it seem either. Do an RDA, last RDA I did netted over 40 runes, 4 crystal shards, 1 hammer shard , + gold. In one hours work an RDA should not be worth so much.

TyraeL!

Master
I'm resurrecting this thread because things seem unfinished....and I couldn't find anything more recent, and the wiki appears to have been untouched for some time.

Is silver fixed now?

Shall we further discuss fair pricing now that glowing runes are being sold at a more reasonable price these days (if at all)?

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Currently selling slayer armor crafting items:

Power word 'punt' (reptilian slayer) - 10k
Power word 'chez' (gargoyle's foe) - 5k
Glowing runes x28 - 1k each

Or bulk price, 30k for everything

Bromista

Grandmaster
What Tyrael said^

I think instead of hoping for an official answer we should just find out ourselves.

I have a fuckton of runes, so if Undead slayer is still busted I guess it will be no great loss. I didn't wanna waste the runes but somebody has to test this.

I know reptilian death doesn't protect against fire breath but I find that unlikely to be fixed. Seems enough to protect against melee and magic.

Anything else that needs testing? I need to do something with these runes eating up all my storage.