SIMPLE/e2l PVP key setup

God.RG

Grandmaster
Okay.. So i've seen a few people asking about key/macro setups, etc and i've ALSO seen threads where people try to show you how to map 10 actions to one key/tab out and in before and after spells, yada yada yada.. but this is MY simple key setup.

First off, I have them set to toggle on/off so I can type without casting spells. I press shift + spacebar to toggle them, and here they are.. more or less. I may have forgotten one or two, but the idea is to be able to keep your 4 fingers of your left hand on the ASDF row just like they sit when you're not typing. That way, your brain is already programmed (for most people) to know where each key is.. So you just have to remember what spells go to what key. There is no looking down at your keyboard at all.

DEBUFFS:
A weaken
S feeble mind
D clumsy
F poison

BUFFS (SHIFT + same keys, with the opposite spells on each):
SHIFT + a Strength
SHIFT + s Cunning
SHIFT + d Agility

Q explo
W ebolt
E harm
G lightning
H mindblast
B FS
Z invis
X meditation
T magic arrow

1 gheal
2 mini heal
3 cure
~ mini heal/cure self

F1 cure pot
F2 heal pot
F3 agility pot
F4 str pot
Mouse 3 refresh pot
R explo pot

Shift mouse 3 toggle stun
Ctrl + ~ bandage self

Shift w attack last
Shift q closest enemy
Shift c closest blue
Shift b closest red

(only Shift + E for targeting on sallos)

scroll down target last
scroll up target self

characters with hiding: z - hiding & shift + z for invis.
characters with no hiding: shift + z for hiding, z for invis.

There you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambeast

Adept
Okay.. So i've seen a few people asking about key/macro setups, etc and i've ALSO seen threads where people try to show you how to map 10 actions to one key/tab out and in before and after spells, yada yada yada.. but this is MY simple key setup.

First off, I have them set to toggle on/off so I can type without casting spells. I press shift + spacebar to toggle them, and here they are.. more or less. I may have forgotten one or two, but the idea is to be able to keep your 4 fingers of your left hand on the ASDF row just like they sit when you're not typing. That way, your brain is already programmed (for most people) to know where each key is.. So you just have to remember what spells go to what key. There is no looking down at your keyboard at all.

DEBUFFS:
A weaken
S feeble mind
D clumsy
F poison

BUFFS (SHIFT + same keys, with the opposite spells on each):
SHIFT + a Strength
SHIFT + s Cunning
SHIFT + d Agility

Q explo
W ebolt
E harm
G lightning
H mindblast
R fs
Z invis
X meditation
T magic arrow

1 gheal
2 mini heal
3 cure
~ mini heal/cure self

F1 cure pot
F2 heal pot
F3 agility pot
F4 str pot
Mouse 3 refresh pot
shift e explo pot

Shift mouse 3 toggle stun
Ctrl + ~ bandage self

Shift w attack last
Shift q closest enemy
Shift c closest blue
Shift b closest red

scroll down target last
scroll up target self

There you have it.

Very nice! My only suggestion is to add hiding somewhere in there as well as detect hidden. Also adding shift ~ for Gheal/cure is nice too

God.RG

Grandmaster
Very nice! My only suggestion is to add hiding somewhere in there as well as detect hidden. Also adding shift ~ for Gheal/cure is nice too
ah yea, ill edit it. on chars that have hiding, i use z.. and shift z for invis.
opposite for chars that don't have hiding.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Can you elaborate on the usage of the lesser curse type spells? (weaken, feeblemind, cunning) I don't understand why people spam these spells in the field? Is it solely for interruption? Is it more effective than 1 curse?

Thanks for the input. Great guide.

Hambeast

Adept
Can you elaborate on the usage of the lesser curse type spells? (weaken, feeblemind, cunning) I don't understand why people spam these spells in the field? Is it solely for interruption? Is it more effective than 1 curse?

I was told weaken has the fastest cast time and can interrupt spells pretty well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

God.RG

Grandmaster

Well it's situational.
Like in 5x, it is frowned upon to curse or feeble mind.. And curse itself isn't used too often in pvp situations..

Plus the specific debuffs take more str, int or dex than a general curse would.. And they are also used as interrupts..

Also, the mini debuffs can set your opponent up for a HUGE mindblast if their stats aren't right. (Feebleminding dexxers, clumsying mages etc)

Hambeast

Adept
So how does mindblast work? Does more dmg if target has less int than u?

Keltonator

Grandmaster
So how does mindblast work? Does more dmg if target has less int than u?

Mindblast deals damage based on the greatest difference between two stats. For example, a Dexxer with 100str, 100dex, 25int will get their shit packed in (30-35ish dmg). There's a calculation out there somewhere where it takes (100-25)/whateverthehell. @halygon probably knows exactly. But that's the gist of it.

halygon

Grandmaster
I forget which publish has the details but it used to be (highestStat-LowestStat)/3 but that was too weak so it was changed to the more era accurate (highestStat-LowestStat)/2. That's pre modifiers.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Very nice set up. Makes a lot of sense!
I was wondering though.... What key do you use to pop a trapped pouch?
alt + s personally.
dash seems like a bit of a reach, and i like to keep most of my macros reachable with just my left hand, without reaching across the keyboard. but everyone is different.