1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Currently Down, Please READ.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Master

Mar 29, 2013
    Kudos to you and the staffing team Shane.

I think your gesture to try and make things right for everyone is a good one, but you're definitely not entitled to do so like some of people here think.

To the ones who EXPECT EXPECT EXPECT.... It really doesn't matter what you lost, we've ALL lost something in the last few days, so please refrain from turning this thread into something that makes the server look bad to new players. It's kind of funny, the ones who have always EXPECTED, are still the ones who EXPECT. Its already been stated there is no way to prove everyone's
    progression in the logs at this point. As I can understand and feel your frustration, remain calm and be confident this will all be worked out soon.
    You have already been promised this.

To all the new players; This kind of thing does not happen here. It was a freak mistake and Shane can assure you the proper precautions will be taken to prevent this kind of sorrow in the future, as is the way of this server and staffing team.

For the very KIND gestures from the staffing team;

I'm ehhh, okay with a free character slot as long as it only goes to ONE account of the two everyone has...if it's one slot per account, I have to disagree. I think the character slot for purchase is a good gold sink@ 1 mil gold and that this shouldn't be overdone. On another note, I don't think there needs to be any other kind of handout if the character slot is given. Especially not custom or unique/blessed items per person. With the skill/loot bonuses, that would be over-kill.

Although humans and vampires do not agree much, I would also like to offer my help to the new players. Feel free to contact me here via PM. I can't promise I won't bite though.

Keep your chins up everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Experience

Experience Grandmaster

Dec 19, 2013
    Experience, Telemain, Berethrax
    I'll be honest..all i lost was time spent, but i'm honestly not that upset....I love that we are being compensated (though it is very generous). I've been through many reverts in my time..one of them was a MONTH. so 2 days is nothing. +10 to Shane for his generosity!

3. Daemonde

Daemonde Novice

Mar 29, 2014
    So if I haven't even been on in the past week, do I still win?! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dennozz

dennozz Grandmaster

Aug 31, 2013
    u know what those two days i made alot of stuff lol, now all to the shi hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. Krynn

Krynn Apprentice

Jan 14, 2014
    I am continuously impressed with how Shane and the team handle unforeseen situations like this.

An apology would suffice, everything else is a very appreciated bonus. This is why I play UOF.

8 people like this.
  6. Shane

Shane Guest

We treat this server as professional as we can. With that being said, something like a 2 day revert just isn't my cup of tea. It is a totally unacceptable situation to me.

We will use this as a learning curve and work with it.

18 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.