Repairing Equipment.

Peav

Grandmaster
Hi i got few question related to repairing equipment.

So recently I realised my set of armour after being repaired still is down some AR from where it was when i made it. Does the armour never keep its actual rating? How do i fix it to full? Does it need powder of fortification to repair ruinic leather fully? derp?

Experience

Grandmaster
every time you repair an item, it loses durability. and thus you need to use Powder of fortifying to return it to it's glory!

Promyvia

Apprentice
The lower the durability...the lower the AR of the piece

Having a hard time finding anything about this on the internet, it was my understanding that the purpose of durability was if it ever hit 0, the item disappeared from existence, and had no impact on the actual effectiveness of the item. Is this only on UOF?

SidX

Grandmaster
Having a hard time finding anything about this on the internet, it was my understanding that the purpose of durability was if it ever hit 0, the item disappeared from existence, and had no impact on the actual effectiveness of the item. Is this only on UOF?
I've never seen any sort of change to AR when durability went down.. maybe I just didn't notice it but it was there.

On OSI, and as far as I know on UOF as well, durability only affects the lifespan of the equipment. Once you get the warning messages about the need for repair, if you neglect it and the durability reaches 0, the item is destroyed.

Can anyone who has damaged armor record their AR before/after a repair? Curious if it changes..

Messremb

Grandmaster
Durability will affect your ar up to a point.

All armor has a base durability, if the durability drops below this it affects the ar. Items with durability modifiers will have a max durability above that base durability and thus not lose ar as quickly. Crafted or unmodified armor will start losing ar as soon as the durability goes down. When repairing armor you lower the max durability of the armor, if this takes the durability below that base durability it will have less ar. Using powder of fort you can raise your max durability back to that base so you will have the max ar possible.

I went from 134 ar at the start of a ctf to 64 at the end, dam macers will wreck your armor.