Remove young player status.

agauo

Master
"young" players 'booty plower' and 'Rhaelynn' were at an idoc logged out. When it fell they log on their young players loot items and use the option to teleport to young player dungeon to escape while flagged. Is young player status really being used how it is supposed to be by anyone? I think it's time to get rid of it... One of these guys got away with a chest full of skillscrolls. Is anything being done to these people that are abusing the system like this? It seems like no matter what you do scumbags like this will find a way to exploit the young player status. Currently I see very little people who I would consider to be young in game. I realize that there needs to be some sort of new player experience without going straight into the game. My suggestion would be to renounce their young status when they leave the new player dungeon.

Hopefully an example can be made out of people like this.

Shake

Master
young players running around with blue squads and smacking you with weapons, knowing that you can't kill them while fighting other people is also a problem.

Odezy

Apprentice
Juss givin another perspective Im such a UO addict I recently got my daughter thats 10 years old playing and shes loving tha game. She freaks out when she dies tho thinking shes gonna lose all of her items. Tha young player system has helped her alot by keeping monsters off her and items on her so she could train her character up. I admit abuse is a problem and it's kind of messed up to see a young in a dungeon going toe to toe with a Christmas Spirit monster

Bunnky

Grandmaster
This is one of the biggest changes im hoping comes with the expansion. Currently one of the biggest problems on the shard. This, and empty plot decay time decrease.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I'd like to know what if anything happens to players like this getting reported :(

Young status removed i think that is what happens to young's at idocs if they dont leave but then 20 mins later new acct, new young player. kinda hard to tackle without removing VPNs and fucking over non US players i do think best solution is to rework the "Young" status.

agauo

Master
How harsh.. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll know what to do next idoc...

Gotta wonder how many mils the people abusing young player status are making.

agauo

Master
c8f81d8100.jpg

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't think I consider a Glorious Lord player with a bow and armor like this "young"

edit: sorry did not get his name in this screenshot. He did have young tag though

Luckystrike

Apprentice
Juss givin another perspective Im such a UO addict I recently got my daughter thats 10 years old playing and shes loving tha game. She freaks out when she dies tho thinking shes gonna lose all of her items. Tha young player system has helped her alot by keeping monsters off her and items on her so she could train her character up. I admit abuse is a problem and it's kind of messed up to see a young in a dungeon going toe to toe with a Christmas Spirit monster
A 10 year kid should not play this game ....

Luckystrike

Apprentice
The game itself is fine. It's the maturity level of the vast multitudes of asshats that play this game and this server that they probably shouldn't be exposed to.
Exactly,what happends to a 10 year old child if she meet ppl like PipiTom and his looser gang ... :)

Odezy

Apprentice
Right now all she does is run around, Tame some rabbits and names them all. Tames some dogs, Name them all, Cats, Frogs etc then she tells daddy to make alort of gold so I can get her a bigger house then she logs off and plays minecraft;.. So farm No harm no foul.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
c8f81d8100.jpg

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't think I consider a Glorious Lord player with a bow and armor like this "young"

edit: sorry did not get his name in this screenshot. He did have young tag though
Wow no shit... I seen this dude like 3 months ago, same name and everything. Can't remember if he was young, but that's an easy name to remember.

Most certainly VPNing

Keltonator

Grandmaster
I think the only thing youngs have now is that their shit doesn't drop to their corpse. Taking that away effectively takes away young altogether

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
The game itself is fine. It's the maturity level of the vast multitudes of asshats that play this game and this server that they probably shouldn't be exposed to.

It's a hard balance to get a grip on. I know the devs continue to push for marketing and development of the shard. Many folks will play that are long-time vets. I also know that the "97" generation have their own children now that may be interested in UO. I know my own son is and that's why I'm not using my third account, as it may go to him. I've already tried to explain that it is not anything he's used to. He still wants to play. However, I also wince at times regarding the utter disregard for any kind of moderation in the way folks communicate. I get that being behind a computer screen is a marvelous way to be completely anonymous and spout off like a 2 year old just learning every swear known to mankind. I have no issues with folks learning it's a cut-throat game. I am also glad there is a profanity filter. Reading about the abuse of young status in order to, in essence, cheat is pretty lame.

My two cents? First account from the ip address may be young. No subsequent ones. There are ways around this but there are ways around everything. Making the young dungeon and area just around Brit only accessible to them seems fair.