1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent attacks, and an open letter to whom it may concern.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Standard Ticket

Standard Ticket Neophyte

Jun 22, 2014
    I LOVE UO
    Help. I still cannot log in uof. Whats wrong with me? I hv no idea. Shane, Shane, please help me and reply me!

2. wil3ur

wil3ur Grandmaster

Oct 18, 2014
    Halvaard -- Adventurer Extrordonaire
    Ilmarainen -- Grandmaster Crafter & Barer of Gifts
    Raul Bunyon -- And his Trusty Llama Juan Carlos
    Bling-Bling -- Got Crack?
    Phil McCracken -- Don't eat the Fish
    It sounds to me like you've either A) Been Naughty or B) Haven't updated your UOF launcher since the server went down and are connecting to an address that's no longer valid.

Judging by a lack of response and your spamming every thread out there with the same post... I'm going to bet it's A).

3. Standard Ticket

Standard Ticket Neophyte

Jun 22, 2014
    I LOVE UO
  4. Standard Ticket

Standard Ticket Neophyte

Jun 22, 2014
    I LOVE UO
    Man
    I couldnt log in only after the Attack.

5. Malkraven

Malkraven Grandmaster

Oct 8, 2013
    if u was banned it would * account is banned* msg unless mayb you have been ip blocked?

Have u tried updating using the UOF launcher? check the IP/port infomation? (not loggin on test are you?)

if not mayb use adams verson of sallos that has the ip ect built in if that dont work i would start checkign firewall setttings ect.

what UO eror msg are u getting when u try to log in?

6. Standard Ticket

Standard Ticket Neophyte

Jun 22, 2014
    I LOVE UO
    It is" Couldnt coonect to Ultimate Online. Please try again in a few momwnts. "
    No idea...

7. VFingerDiscount

VFingerDiscount Grandmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    What assist are you using?

If steam make sure you uncheck the encryption box on the popup

signature field is blank

8. Going Green

Going Green Neophyte

Nov 9, 2014
    Going Green, Berry Obama, Going Red, Sharkisha
    Does anyone know when the conquest's are coming back up?

2 people like this.
  9. amonseti

amonseti Grandmaster

Apr 21, 2014
    Also what ever happened to the "Candle / Ring of Forgivness" Quest is that still a thing ??

2 people like this.
  10. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Apprentice

Oct 1, 2014
    Heather Raenfel
    This sounds like something Carl would do. Sounds like his writing style as I had a run in with the fellow a while back. Carl was never good at manners, backing down, or admitting he was wrong. I'm no expert on DDOS attacks either but it just seems like there could be a way to find these nefarious characters and at least inform their ISP they are attacking others. DDOS's aren't legal are they?...

11. SidX

SidX Grandmaster

Jun 4, 2014
    Sid
    The unfortunate thing is these attackers hide behind untraceable proxies or VPNs that make it impossible to trace back... different tricks to mask their IP address so it looks like the attack is coming from the UK or Russia, instead of where it really is coming from. Unless you can get multiple court subpoenas for ISP records, etc., the chances of solving/doing something about an attack like this are pretty much 0%.