Rare Armor Sets

Good Idea?!

• No, shut up..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bradley-

Grandmaster
With the recent addition of the blessed bloodied platemail armor (See:http://www.uoforum.com/threads/collectors-guide-rare-platemail.88401/), we now have blessed platemail, ringmail (Phoenix), & studded (Ranger) suits available via the goldsink vendor. Someone also mentioned the possibility of a blessed leather suit with store-bought AR values to potentially be added in the future as well. This suggestion that I'm about to explain might be a bit confusing, however, I will try my best to explain the thoughts in my head..

-----

It would be really great if the players were able to convert rare suits of armor into a blessed version of those suits that they could wear around with the caveat of lowering their AR values to that of store-bought armors.

--"SOUNDS OP AS FUCK!"--

I get it.. But I mentioned the above goldsink suits of armor for this very reason! What I'm suggesting is already available! I will provide an example to better explain: Using the link in the 1st sentence of this post, @Sir. has put together a nice collector's guide of rare platemail armor. Sadly, anyone with any of those suits keeps them secure in their bankbox, never to see the light of day and forever collecting dust.. I'm basically suggesting that anyone who has a full suit of Warden's Armor (or any other rare suit) could bless that rare suit at the cost of it's AR value (If it's more than store-bought) and use it in place of the current blessed armor that is already available on the goldsink vendor.

Another example: The full suit of Turkey Armor has an incredible AR value! It is hands-down the best & highest AR plate suit in the game. A player may decide to sacrifice it's AR value, lowering it to that of store-bought values, and bless it. It would then be no better than the currently available Bloodied Armor. It'll just have a funny name :cool:

This suggestion wouldn't make anyone overpowered as I'm suggesting that AR values be lowered to that of store-bought armor which is the same as the blessed armor that is on the goldsink vendor right now. GM made and magic armor would still be better and I also believe that this would add a little spice to the rares market as well.

How would a player pay for this?
-Thats up for debate.. Could be donation coins, could be goldsink. Doesn't matter!

How much would it cost?
-Just to throw some numbers out there.. The Phoenix set requires just over 1.2m, Ranger set is just over 2.2m, Bloodied Armor is 2.6m. Personally, I'd suggest 1m per piece or 5k dono coins per piece which would come out to 6m or 30k dono coins for a suit.

How would this be done?
-I honestly can't think of any automated way for this to happen.. It would have to be done manually unless someone who is smarter than me has an idea.

What kind of armor would qualify?
-This would be subject to the devs. Personally, I think anything rare should qualify; Warden's armor, Pumpkin King, Sigurd's armor, Daemon bone, Dead Man's, Turkey, the Maxwell/Geoffrey sets, etc.

One issue I see is that I can't think of any automated way for this to be done. So, if this suggestion were to be approved then people would have to page in and hope that the devs wouldn't mind taking time to make this happen on a per-person basis.

Thoughts?!

Sir.

Grandmaster
I love this idea!!

All of the rare armor in the game is too risky to lose without trammel, so this would be a great way to allow people to sport their ultimate pixels!! Basically, when a piece of rare armor is blessed, its armor rating is reduced to the same as non gm/exceptional store bought plate. I'd do it for sure.

So how is it done? Is it possible to add a deed like CBD's that blesses based on rare sets hues instead of item id? Maybe by name? I dunno but great idea!!!

Channel 34

Apprentice
I agree. At least in principal, the only way to display these sets of unique armor is to put them on vendors, and honestly, who looks at vendors. The suits are rare. If you want to wear your pixels, you shouldn't be concerned with losing them, and there is a choice. Keep them the way that they are , and maintain their uniqueness, or page a GM and have them rewrite them for the appropriate compensation, and wear them with the pride. Either way, it makes no significant difference to the economy, the changes to the AR maintain the balance in the mechanics. Other than getting the Devs involved in making it happen, then in the call to have them altered as desired, not unlike the calling of the GMs to move the soul forges. I would endorse this deal.