Question about beetles.

Alas

Adept
I have just created my first crafting character.
I will be building a miner/ smith and was wondering if taming skill is needed to use a beetle.
The beetles are new to me and I have zero experience.

Thank you

halygon

Grandmaster
No taming is required to ride/own a giant beetle (blue beetle). A tamer needs to tame one for you though.

They have an option when you are not riding them that you can use the menu off of them and open the beetle's backpack. Use this for storage. They hold as much as a pack horse/llama.

SidX

Grandmaster
I have just created my first crafting character.
I will be building a miner/ smith and was wondering if taming skill is needed to use a beetle.
The beetles are new to me and I have zero experience.

Thank you
Yes haly is right, the beetles are like "rideable pack animals" so you can store ingots, boards, cloth, leather, etc. in them and then hop on and ride around. Be careful though because if the beetle goes wild (i.e. if you don't feed it), all of the things in its pack also go wild!

Beetles eat raw meat so carry some raw chicken around and feed it 2 pieces every few hours to keep it happy and to stay on the safer side.

Beetles take up 3 animal slots so keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Yes haly is right, the beetles are like "rideable pack animals" so you can store ingots, boards, cloth, leather, etc. in them and then hop on and ride around. Be careful though because if the beetle goes wild (i.e. if you don't feed it), all of the things in its pack also go wild!

Beetles eat raw meat so carry some raw chicken around and feed it 2 pieces every few hours to keep it happy and to stay on the safer side.

Beetles take up 3 animal slots so keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Hmm, I bonded with my beetle. Then fed it some meat and it unbonded with me stating that the bonding process has begun and to feed again in 7 days. GM's never responded to my pages about this. Take care in feeding a bonded beetle i think.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i really hate to agree with scav but i think he is right on with this one i haven't fed any of my beetle's since they bonded and ive not had 1 go wild yet. (touch wood)

halygon

Grandmaster
I fed mine the other day and had no probs. TBH though, I fed him cause I was concerned as I hadn't fed him in several months.

Kyain

Master
it will 100% go wild on you. I've had multiple beetles go wild on long days doing mib's.

Everytime you stable you reset their loyalty to max though, so if your beetle is only out for a short period and then stabled, you never have to worry about feeding. If it stays out for hours upon hours on end, you better feed.

Tormas Galka

Journeyman
it will 100% go wild on you. I've had multiple beetles go wild on long days doing mib's.

Everytime you stable you reset their loyalty to max though, so if your beetle is only out for a short period and then stabled, you never have to worry about feeding. If it stays out for hours upon hours on end, you better feed.
Thank you!