1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP Mage

Discussion in 'Player VS Player' started by Griz, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2017
    So Im currently running:
    GM: Mage, Med, Resist, Eval, Heal, Anat, Wrestling

I know some templates replace the Heal with Alch, but I really like the "healing on the run" but 10 secs to apply a bandage without interruptions is weak.

What are your guys thoughts? Is Stun THAT good that its included in like EVERY pvp mage template?

Could I remove Wrestling and do a Heal/Alch mage? Anyone have exp with that?
    Magery, Med, Eval Int, Resist, Anat, Healing, Alch

2. account51

account51 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    A lot depends on your play style. Stun isn't required, but it is very helpful since it is the only option to slow down a running heal mage. It is also required (my opinion) to get a kill in a field 1v1 mage v. mage situation. Alch is very nice since you can hit the running heal mage if you are in reasonably close proximity, also you can get a pretty big hit of 25 with one pot. Ten second heals on the run is more than fast enough in my opinion.

In general, 1v1 is pretty tough on this server, I see most people are a heal/runner template and I usually get sick of chasing and just give up. If you plan on 1v1 a lot I think stun is needed, but the heal/alch template would be nice in group battles. You can run if you get low, and you can chase down and kill with pots when others run. My input on other mage templates are below:

uoforever style mage (magery, med, eval, resist, wep, tacs, anat) - Can't seem to get this to work real well on the server for field fighting. It isn't bad in the pits, but not too much pit activity here.

Nox/Stun - Nice for group synch drops where no resisting of poison takes place. Other than that, a lot of resources for one cure pot to fix.

Scribe Stun - Nice for group battles, less deaths, tougher 1v1 without big alchy damage.

Alchy Stun - Nice for 1v1 situations and chasing down situations. Heal would be nice, but sometimes you just have to accept that you will die.

Heal Stun - Nice defensive build, can sometimes get a stun off while running and run more and keep healing. Good to get away from the dexxer mobs out. Stun is always nice when chasing down others as well.

Heal/Hide - what the fuck?, people really play this, it is okay to die, you have mils in the bank and a full butler. Seriously, just grow a pair and accept death periodically. It isn't a guildies fault, it isn't lag, you just died, its okay, it happens to all of us. Take a deep breath, try to have some fun, restock and get back to fighting.

Tac0bell, the_bubba and AreYouKidden like this.
  3. toddyboi

toddyboi Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Toddy
    You missed 5x/househide template from -7-guild... sync then hide in there 10 houses in no cut for 20mins.

4. drasked

drasked Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Babyraging about some guild in a thread by a guy asking for pvp advice... totally not cringe.

TrustyPatchez likes this.
  5. toddyboi

toddyboi Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Toddy
    Sorry mate I'll help him out.
    Scribe/stun for group fight. Scribe/alchy or alchy/stun for group/solo. Bandie mages are good for beginners but once you get the feel of how PvP works here move to the other templates above. Expensive templates are your 720 skill cap, you can mix alchy/heal/stun together or replace one with scribe or alchy/tamer, scribe/tamer.

You know what's cringe worthy? Trying to gank 3v2 outside of Destard and running away when ONE of your crew dies. I guess joining $ has turned you into a bigger *****. GG

6. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    Eat a soap while talking about $ or 7

7. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2017
    OK, so... What would be the bonus/negatives of going with
    100/30/95
    GM: Magery, Meditation, Resist, Eval Int, Alchemy, Inscription, Wrestling

8. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    Mind Blast damage, but to be honest only 1% pvpers use it...

9. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2017
    Wouldnt reflect help with that?

And on a side note, could a dexxer utilize mindblast vs other dexxers? Or is its damage reduced by lack of eval int too?

10. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    classic 100/25/100 make you vulnerable to mind blast, but 1% of the pvper remeber stats of enemy or simply try a mindblast, btw technically you need 95/30 to mitigate the mindblast.

im pretty sure you eed eval to make max damage

11. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2017
    Thanks man!