Provo // Archer template

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Hello ladiez

I'm thinking of dropping carto and LP to make my provo mage thunter a provo archer. I thought about this template... and I would like to have your opinion on it :

Music 100
Provo (110 atm, aiming for 120)
Magery (100)
Archery (100)
Tactics (100)
Anat (100)
Hiding (100)

I would drop LP, carto, med and eval to get archery, tactics, anat and hiding. I could keep med instead of hiding but I have the feeling it'll suck. What I think is lacking in my actual template is hiding. Popping 2 AW and 2 balrons/titans off a lvl 6 chest really isn't so fun. So I thought hiding would be great with provo.

I don't really need to regen since I'm just going to rely on magery for gates, recalls, sometimes para, and of course heal/cure/rez.

As for the stats... I guess I'd want max possible dex and 50 mana to cast 8 circle (mostly rez... I really hate people who can't rez), but I could live with 40 mana, for gates.

So any thoughts are welcome :)

Messremb

Grandmaster
You will want healing on this build. relying on magery to heal gets old real fast, especially with no med. keep in mind this build will be using magery for support not relying on it. the reason for that is that every time you cast a spell you un-equip you bow resetting your swing timer. If you replace hiding with healing you will have what I think is the best provo archer build. The other option is to take out magery and rely on recall scrolls to get around.

as for stats I would do something like

100 str
55 int
70 dex

that lets you hit the fastest swing speed tier with an agility pot, and gives you a fair amount of mana for when your in a tight spot.

hope this helps

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Ty man.

And euhm... what about :

120 provo
100 music
100 anat
100 tactics
100 archer
50 mage (to recall)
80 healing
70 hiding

90 STR
100 DEX
35 INT

Radar Mile

Master
I'm macroing hiding right now, and still failing now and then in the mid 90's. Something to consider. If you're dead set on having it, I'd say you want GM. Otherwise I'd take Magery and just cast invis. You get the added utility of GM magery (EV's, walls, gates)

w/ Hiding:

120 Provo
100 music
100 archery
100 hiding
90 tactics
90 anatomy
80 healing
40 magery (40% success rate on recall without scroll, 100% with scroll)

90 str
100 dex
35 int

You can also drop tactics another 10 points and bump the healing up to 90. With a slayer bow the damage loss won't be as noticeable.

w/ Magery:

120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 mage
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing

90 str
75 dex
60 int

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I run 81 healing/anatomy so I can cure and rez. Heals for about 40 and magery at 38 and recall from scrolls.
Then I keep 100 provo/music/hiding/archery/tactics. I like it.
I'd have 120 Provo obviously but I'm still makin the money for it. I run 100 str/Dex with 25 int all I do is recall. Hardly ever cure.
I also run cheap 25 bandages 200 arrows bow and instrument.

Gok'gor

Apprentice
I had the same template and switched magery to healing (since you can already take advantage of anatomy). With the way they have runebook recalls on auto here for 0 Magery... I don't miss it at all. Max the dex out... drain the int. Love this template for PvM

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
So basically, what you guys suggest is :

120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding

100 str 100 dex 25 int? (i'll go 90-35 here because I hate to have to wait between recalls)

How many recalls do you spend a day o_O

What about :

120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
85 anat
85 healing
70 hiding
60 magery

This way you can cure and rez, recall without scrolls, and shouldn't lose too much dmg/heal from anat. Am I wrong? Is hiding high enough at 70?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
With gm hiding your provoke doesn't break as far as I'm aware. It cost 5 extra gold per recall if you have your own scribe 15 if you buy them from vendors. You can recall twice with 25 mana. I am probably dropping magery lower since building my gate bot. But I also like magic reflecting off scrolls.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
The difference in 81 healing/anatomy and 85 is minor. U need 81 to rez and cure. Archer bards really don't need to be carrying reagents imo. One of my favorite things about the templete is I have premade bags in my bank so if I die I just grab a new one.
25 bandages, 200 bolts or arrows, an instrument, and a bow.
I just put on any armor I loot that isn't worth a lot.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
The goal for me is recall in somewhere. Big profitable fight (shadow deamons, lich lord paragons, shadow wyrms, whatever) loot it all up, and recall out. Bank it. That's about 2 recall scrolls every 15minutes. About 6k of loot per cycle. If you wipe you lose 1300. No biggie. I had a lucky night last night. 4 vanqs and 3 skill scrolls in 3 15minute cycles. Plus the 18k.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Cool, so I guess i'll leave magery at 55 instead of 60 (i have a couple char at 55 magery and I never miss a recall), anat and healing at 81, and put the 13 points in hiding. 83 gotta be perfect for what I wanna do. Tyvm :)

I'm crying thinking I'm going to put the arrow down on LP... Sigh.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
How does recall without regs work? i understand the scroll bit, just curious. Is there a way to trigger the book without using scrolls? or do you need to click scroll then hit the book?

Cheers

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
The runebook holds recall scrolls. So you drop scrolls onto to book and it holds them. Then u click the blue bubble. To use it

Meta

Neophyte
120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding

100 str 100 dex 25 int

....is a great PVM template. very low maintenance.

however, your only offense against a PK is shoot arrows, hope there is a mage MOB nearby to provo onto them. as far as defense have a recall hotkey ready. if your too slow on that then apply a bandie, start chugging pots and run.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Yup meta that's a great farming build I rocked it for a long time. Then I took 19 off healing and anatomy so I could cast a Lil better

vagelisv

Grandmaster
100 mus
100 prov
100 resist
-------------
Defence

100 arch
100 tactics
70 anatomy
----------------
Attack

70 heal
60 magery
---------------
Can heal,cure,magic reflection, recall with no problem

Would suggest though to drop magery to 50.1 (no fizzles on 2nd circle cure) and buy recall scrolls and pots... you can still heal, cure, cast recall scrolls. If you want 120 prov lower resist 10

resist saves lifes not bands

33 int for 3 recalls all other max