Preferred dexxer armor?

Hey all, just coming back after a period where I would only log on for BODS or to update my vendor once in a while. I dug through some old threads and it seems like the consensus on best dexxer armor now is studded barbed suit with a helm? I've seen a few minor variations on it, but is it safe to say the traditional dex suit is dead?

Romeo Tyrell

Journeyman
Why am I mainly seeing only barbed studded/leather armor sets? Why no Spined or Horned? Is there magic resist bonuses for Barbed?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Exceptional
Dragon
Plate

On par with platemail AR and ZERO DEX penalty.

If fellow dexxers would like to join me in asking for a drop rate of magical dragon plate... ;)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Last time I saw dragon plate for sale was a vendor near Vesper, along the road that runs by the grave-yard. :)

It's not a very popular item which is why i'm trying to pound my way up to a 120 blacksmith.

If you go lookin' I hope he/she has some.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Different color scale means different AR? there is a table that show this?
Not on this shard. Used to have resistance on OSI (red for fire resist, etc) but here its just the aesthetic color.

120 BS with a +15ASH for 135bs still doesnt give 100% exceptional either at the crafters guild. Chest or legs is not wven 70% chance of exceptional crafting. Maybe the +30 ASH changes that and that is the only use for it. Who knows.

But a full exceptional set is 52 armor with 0 dex loss.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Thx, I remember a thread where i have read there is difference beetween different scale but probabily im wrong.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Patricus

Master
Not on this shard. Used to have resistance on OSI (red for fire resist, etc) but here its just the aesthetic color.

120 BS with a +15ASH for 135bs still doesnt give 100% exceptional either at the crafters guild. Chest or legs is not wven 70% chance of exceptional crafting. Maybe the +30 ASH changes that and that is the only use for it. Who knows.

But a full exceptional set is 52 armor with 0 dex loss.

120 smithing with a +30 ASH gives 100% exceptional chance for all pieces.

Wildboar

Master
It can be bought at Sea Serpent Vendor just as you leave the guard zone going out the Minoc road toward the bog, it'll be on the right side of the road. A small white marble tower.