Poisoning Guide

cawurtz

First of all, I’m not the “guide making” type of guy. This isn’t a Poisoning and Macro Making Guide for Dummies as I have omitted a lot of basic common sense information. I just wanted to put something on here that is basic and simple to help some others get to GM.

This will take several days of attended macroing. There isn’t a way (that I know of) to macro for hours unattended. There is no sugar coating it, it is a grind. One positive note is gains stay pretty consistent the entire time. Of course, there were times I would get 3 gains on one keg, but then up to 10 gains on another, even in the mid to high 90’s.

0 – 40 Lesser Poison (Obviously you should train Thief Guildmaster –Buc’s Den)

40 – 65 Poison **

65 – GM Greater Poison ***

Some guides will say to go to Deadly at 90,92, 99, etc. I strongly disagree with that. The gains were much slower for me and obviously much more expensive and time consuming.

** Feel free to take Regular Poison further if cost is in issue.

*** 8 gains of one GP keg from 98.5-99.3

7 gains of 1.25 GP keg from 99.3-100

My macro:

Double Click keg (don’t convert to by type, just re-target when you start a new keg)

Pause 2.00 sec

Use Skill Poisoning

Pause 2.00 sec

Target by Type Green Potion

Pause 2.00 sec

Absolute Target (Fish Steaks)

Pause 3.5 sec

Double Click Orange Potion

Pause .50 sec

** Important **

From what I’ve researched, Poisoning macros hang… period. It hangs when trying to select an item to poison, just after you’ve selected the poison. I found that putting whatever you want to poison in a different bag (I put in a bag with my cure potions) and also using fish steaks vs noobie dagger helped a lot. It could just be my imagination, but it sure doesn’t slow it down. So why not, huh?

This guide is for the people that want some knowledge to start training the skill and an idea of ONE path they can take to get there that worked well for someone else. It is not perfect and by no means am I an expert on training Poisoning. I made this guide for the sole purpose of giving back considering there are countless guides that have helped me.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I have made a macro that doesn't hang and cures and heals you as needed. Pm me if you want me to share it.

Sent from Baja 1997

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I have made a macro that doesn't hang and cures and heals you as needed. Pm me if you want me to share it.

Sent from Baja 1997
Double-click (keg (1940))
Pause 2.00secs
UseSkill Poisoning
Pause 3.00secs
Wait for Target
Target by type Green Potion
Pause 3.00secs
Wait for Target
Target by type Dagger (sub any target for poisoning)
Pause 5.00secs
If hits =< 99
Double click clean bandage
Wait for target
Exec: Target self

cawurtz

Double-click (keg (1940))
Pause 2.00secs
UseSkill Poisoning
Pause 3.00secs
Wait for Target
Target by type Green Potion
Pause 3.00secs
Wait for Target
Target by type Dagger (sub any target for poisoning)
Pause 5.00secs
If hits =< 99
Double click clean bandage
Wait for target
Exec: Target self

Thanks for this!

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Yes it isn't good at changing from old keg to new keg either. For example if you have 3 full kegs and have it select keg by type, when the first keg is empty it breaks the macro. The only way to avoid this I have found is to record a longer macro in which you run through the cycle one keg then the next then the next so it pulls one from each in a cycle. So then you get 3x the length before having to manually reset.

FollowFrosty

Apprentice
Hey guys, Sorry I must be noobie.

I'm having issues getting this to work. Where do I find the following in Razor?

Target by Type Green Potion
Absolute Target (Fish Steaks)

and on that note, can i set it to just poison my kryss instead of fish steaks?
thanks!

Figured it out. however it looks like every 2nd attempt it says my kryss is not accessable (even after lengthening the pause)

Last edited by a moderator:

Too Legit

The way i have found to make the empty keg not break the cycle is to drop the empty keg momentarily on the ground then pick it back up right after the macro starts filling potions from another keg. This would require you to be semi actively marcoing to manually drop the keg and pick it up again.

colead88

Grandmaster
Okay, I had this macro working perfectly earlier today and now Razor can't recognize a fucking poison potion. Can someone help me out with this? Literally my macro hasn't changed and was working flawlessly to get poisoning to 85 and now isn't targeting the poison potion after clicking keg.

I have converted the line to be target by type... Not sure the deal.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I think I've figured out the frustration with the macro. The macro will lose the potion and or object you're trying to poison if your backpack is open. If you close the backpack, the macro runs flawlessly. Figured this out after an hour of trying picking up/dropping/relative location etc. etc. etc... the macro would mysteriously run when my chrome window was over my backpack. I watched this work multiple times... I then figured it must have something to do with the pack being a different physical location than inside your player as far as razor is concerned and it was getting confused. Once I closed my backpack the macro has not missed since I started writing this.

AMAZING.

Nobama

Novice
** Feel free to take Regular Poison further if cost is in issue.

*** 8 gains of one GP keg from 98.5-99.3

7 gains of 1.25 GP keg from 99.3-100

Im in the early 90's and am averaging .5-.6 per GP Keg.
I dont know if im doing something differently, seemingly our macros are the same.
Ive been told by some to alternate weapons im macroing or using a oil cloth to wipe after each psn. Did you do any of that or did u just straight run a macro on the same psn'd dagger the entire time?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I used a noob dagger the whole time, no oil cloth for mine. I also did it in the safety of a house, so my gains were crap. Doing it in a dungeon will increase your gains, also drink from the well east of the west Britain bank for another stat boost at least once an hour.

I recently made a new character with poisoning and I kept note of what I used to help anyone wanting to train the skill have an idea of the cost.

I started my character with 50 poisoning. I also did all of this in a dungeon while fully fed, and fully... watered(?).

50-70 (not show real) - I used normal poison, 5 kegs (really 4.5).

70-100 - I used greater poison, 33 kegs.

I would highly recommend that you use normal poison up to 70 out of show real. The cost is much less than starting to use greater poison at 60. I also used ~50 cure pots as the script I wrote would drink them if I poisoned myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Novice
I am at 64.3 real skill and haven't had a single gain off of a keg of regular poison. greater poison yields about .8 per keg.. This seems absurd. I am in a dungeon, have eaten, and drank. WTF?