1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play UOForever A lot? Like to Stream your game play? We want to reward you.

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Oct 24, 2016.

1. drasked

drasked Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    No League of Lesbians tho.

2. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    problem with you streaming is ppl gone belive UO just got black/white color.

8 people like this.
  3. Dodzilla

Dodzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Premo

Premo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Maximize Heals
    Rule #1: you aren't allowed to use Sallos.

got gayed out of a shitty competition because I did not want to record a jack merr quality UOSteam video.

5. Karl Sagan

Karl Sagan Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    *wishes he was hardcore*

6. clutchxo

clutchxo Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Good tunes. Good gameplay.

7. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I want to be clear that the point of this is to get exposure for UOForever while giving back to our players at the same time. We aren't looking to pay someone so that we can promote their twitch channel/stream for them. We will not be promoting them what so ever. We aren't looking to have all our current players watch the stream(s), we are looking to get people who do not or have not played UOForever to watch the stream(s).

2 people like this.
  8. Bigmouth Strikes Again

Bigmouth Strikes Again New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    <edit>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Lithium149

Lithium149 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Damn too bad you didn't advertise this before I quit UOF.

Was playing about 4-8 hours a day plus all through out the day, Mainly PVPing, PvMing, Crafting etc with a few friends always on skype or TS would of been a wicked way to introduce new folks to the end game content and directly into the PvP scene.

Ps;

Smashing keyboards optional.

10. Mamber

Mamber Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Trump dat bish
    Get flube the pube streaming and you'll prosper.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  11. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Great step in future UOF:eek:

12. eastcub

eastcub Active Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Hey shane, may i apply to become a streamer?

13. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    We will open an application form soon on this, however...

We first need to talk about it, and ask ourselves some questions first. I want to make sure we cover the ground on this so we don't take advantage of people's time, and also that your donation money isn't simply getting thrown into the wind.

Some questions i think we should hash out are:

• What you guys think over all.
    • What you guys think we should be careful of or look out for (is there a grey area with doing this?)
    • What rules should apply to the streamers.
    • Should there be a probation period before we start paying streamers?(i think so, personally)
    • How many hours should they have to stream per day?

and i'm sure there's more questions we can round up to ask and kind of feather out before we just dive right into this.
    What questions can you guys think of?

2 people like this.
  14. Dabasarous rexx

Dabasarous rexx Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    O.0
    • What you guys think over all.
    I support this idea.... best advertisement is the player base themselves... we are the product and portray what uof really is. It will give them a great view of what really goes down (depending what style the streamer is) and also we should have more than 1 ... 1 dedicated pvm steamer 1 dedicated pvp/faction streamer... and 1 that strictly does events and interviews people at the bank. like a uo newscaster.
    • What you guys think we should be careful of or look out for (is there a grey area with doing this?)
    don't make it a standard rate... pay based off performance... AND if they could rotate out bi monthly with the streamers ( since this isn't to boost the streamers rep ) to make sure everyone potentially has there fair chance! Avoid trash talkers and maybe find a way to block anything but words of power or special spells to appear? make sure the toxicity stays low... lots of people troll chat to hard and that isn't a good incentive to draw people in.
    • What rules should apply to the streamers.
    1. no trash talking of any sort...
    2. No exploiting any rules
    3. No being in eqms ... had to :p
    4. deff not rule 3
    5. must not lag for any more than 5 mins a session during a pay period... get your internet/modem/pc in check....
    6. no reapplying to stream within x amount of streamers before you ( depending how long yall keep this up )
    • Should there be a probation period before we start paying streamers?(i think so, personally)
    Yes., to test quality control. Also most companies ( at minimum wage rates ) normally put you on a probationary period where you don't get paid that first check ( and its really an evaluation of your job performance to determine how effective you will be in that persay role) I agree with it.. but as long as time put in is eventually covered back :) like if you quit that job you get that extra check from the probationary period back ( if you were smart enough to remember it ). support that 100%
    • How many hours should they have to stream per day?
    seeing we should all be adults by now.... at least physically some of the population mentally never passed high school... but back on topic... a part time job is probably in half of uof's lives and this stream thing should be about 5 days a week 5 hour days minimum ( unless server maintenance or ddos bs )

THe real question is ... is what would the rate of pay come out to being. ?

:p I'm going to try to apply when it comes around @eppy, @Shane

2 people like this.
  15. Mamber

Mamber Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Trump dat bish

You need to be careful of douche bags streaming for people with no prior knowledge of this game.

I would definitely not have a EQMS zerg member streaming while they ebolt rail down a newb in lvl 1 despise and then expect people to be drawn towards a experience starting out like that.

I think a solo pk, someone in a small faction guild group fighting (com or power member), role player, and maybe a crafter are player types to look for to stream.

If you let a toxic asshole stream and pay him to....you are losing in every aspect of this opportunity.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers mate

6 people like this.
  16. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013

#affected as fuck and it never stops amusing me...

Just get people who PVP or PK to stream... maybe get people who do group PVM stuff as well(champs, rdas, etc). The goal shoudl be to show other people how populated UOF is... for both PVM and PVP.

6 people like this.
  17. Mamber

Mamber Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Trump dat bish
    Yeah let a toxic troll ass EQMS member show the guy interested how much fun it would be to get ebolt railed on his newb adventures.......while still trying to figure out how to open his mini map

Oh wait he can just pay 200k right.?

2 people like this.
  18. Messremb

Messremb Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    if the goal of this is to get people who haven't played UO before to come to this shard you should seriously consider removing the no playing other games rule.

the best way to get this game some exposure would be to get one of the big Twitch or Youtube gamers to come over here and play. even if they only give it a try for a few days the effect will be 1000 times better than some no namer starting up a stream of a game people have never heard about.

imagine if you could get a huge LOL twitch player like nightblue3 to play here even for only one stream. thats exposure to potentially 1.6ish million people world wide.

or maybe even tyler1 that dude would fit right in with EQMS and he has almost 400k followrs.

i know those are big names and probably not likely to get those guys but im using them to make a point here. starting from scratch with a game nobody on twitch has even heard of is going to be very ineffective. do some research and find some decent twitch streamers that could be convinced to play UOF a bit and you will get 1000 times better results.

anyways, thats just my 2 cents.

7 people like this.
  19. Woodsman

Woodsman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    1. Rule No trash talk <{v_v}>

*Looks Down A Bit *

seeing we should all be adults by now.... at least physically some of the population mentally never passed high school.................

Seems like your not a good fit for the position

20. Dabasarous rexx

Dabasarous rexx Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    O.0
    fuck yall shane liked it yall that sound more affected... it was clearly posted as a joke...

#affected... yall chase more newbs ( real first time people to ultma ) than any other guild.... proven facts...

that isn't trash talk have youi seen people in this game? we don't need people who run around piking who talk shit the whole time screaming NUB or #affected , or any negative words at all... ALMOST 80% of the shard cant kill anyone without talking shit about it ( proven ) you are one of them.... clearly.... THAT IS NOT WHAT WE NEED NEW PEOPLE TO SEE/ ( not people who played uo before to return no ) we are trying to recruit new people into the game... how are you going to do that with a toxic community... and I'm ok if I don't get chosen but if a eqms member does,..,... I'm sure we would be fucked.... with the amount of bad juju that already rotates that guild.... stop being a kid and grow up..... or are you that new manboy lumberjack from that cartoon my kids watch on power puff girls. cause your response was somewhat comically childish.????