1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play away the Plague! [Events]

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Tony-, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Tony-

Tony- Administrator Staff Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Tony
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone,

We've had many requests to run COVID-19 related events since this pandemic was on the horizon. Knowing the seriousness of the situation causes us to have some deliberation between whether we should be making light of an event that has already proven to have some extremely serious consequences.

In a time of great uncertainty, we believe it is important that we do our part to help ease the transition into social distancing which nearly every country has recommended to do. UOForever is already an outlet to kill time and lose yourself in some gameplay. We urge our community to be positive and welcoming as possible during this unprecedented time.

In the next few days, we will be implementing a system which will be running throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be a great chance to obtain some exclusive rares and event crystals. Events will trigger every few hours, so not to exclude any timezones.

Infected creatures will be invading many hotspots around Sosaria. Which will require brave heroes to fight back otherwise Sosaria will be overrun!

This will be on top of other scheduled events coming soon.

2. Snowcrash

Snowcrash Apprentice

Nov 2, 2016
    Thanks for keeping the content coming.

Will players have to find these hot spots, or will there be announcements and/or gates?

3. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    They will be all over the world for the new system.
    Otherwise, the events will be posted and will be 1+ weeks long at a time (we are hoping).

-G- likes this.
  4. Godsrage

Godsrage Grandmaster

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    when will it be going on

Phrygian likes this.
  5. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    We are looking at Friday.

Shenanigans, -G- and Godsrage like this.
  6. Godsrage

Godsrage Grandmaster

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    that will be fun i had a blast in OSI day doing it

7. gadric

gadric Expert

Mar 29, 2014
    How does one get rid of the poison effects of this plague? I have a guy at 31% and the toxin has killed him once

8. Jerr B.

Jerr B. Neophyte

May 11, 2020
    Go wash hands at hand washing station - some at brit bank - one in skara brae @gadric

gadric likes this.
  9. gadric

gadric Expert

Mar 29, 2014
    Ok so can someone explain to me, point by point, how to use the hand washing stations?
    I have tried just clicking on the soap. That doesn't work. I have to get a pitcher of water I am guessing but am having trouble locating a pitcher. I need to go to well, click on the pitcher to fill it, then go to the washing station and double click on the soap right?

10. john flusher

john flusher Adept

Feb 23, 2018
    borph
    dbl click on the sink

gadric likes this.
  11. gadric

gadric Expert

Mar 29, 2014
    I dont see a sink. only a bar of soap

12. john flusher

john flusher Adept