Pet Movement Speed....

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
...why do faction pets move at a normal/non-broken speed but regular mounts still move fast as fuck. Tamers are already kings of PVE(champs/RDA scores etc) so why do metas and other dragons which can instakill someone move as fast as a mounted player?

If you wanna use metas and other pets in PVP, thats fine, however the fact that you can legit chase someone with your pets following just as fast(whether or not youve been in combat) is a bit ********. Pets should be a nice defensive tactic(no one wants to charge 8 tamers) but the fact they can run so fast and chase people down is not balanced.

At least explain why factioners pets move at a normal speed and non faction pets move like theyve just snorted 3 grams of coke.

@K A Z

AssHat

Grandmaster
ALSO: faction pets, can go wild in half a day easily. i have almost lost both of my metas in less than 24 hours. from sitting in my house even. this faction shit fucked over the tamers more than most know.....

wonderful happy to unhappy in hours

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Could care less about the going wild thing as that doesnt affect PVP(although its ridic it only affects factioners).

Pets moving at light speed whether in combat or not definitely affects PVP negatively -- its fine to use pets in PVP, its not balanced however when those pets can move as fast as mounted players giving you a mobile turret of insta death.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Could care less about the going wild thing as that doesnt affect PVP(although its ridic it only affects factioners).

Pets moving at light speed whether in combat or not definitely affects PVP negatively -- its fine to use pets in PVP, its not balanced however when those pets can move as fast as mounted players giving you a mobile turret of insta death.

i agree 100% with you i think its fucked what happened to pets/factioners. like molasses following you now

Lazenby

Adept
Why would pets move slower in unmounted zone? Makes 0 sense, the pets move the same speed anywhere. Bad enough that they nerfed the already nerfed Trammel EV. You are just crying like always, can't go a day without coming on forums and seeing you cry. Just take off your dress and learn to pvp.

Just cause you clowns don't know how to play UO and run around letting your client play for you doesn't mean PvP is broken. Learn to play UO? I mean really, it is a 20 year old game. Isn't it time you guys started learning the basics? Still amazed at how many noobs don't even understand game mechanics.

"But its not fair, we can't run around zerging people with Sallos autopilot" Cry some more! Oh, and the Ravens suck too.

url

Lazenby

Adept
Just for the record, do pets carry red pouches? Still amazed veteran players can cry so much about mechanics and expect them to change, instead of just adapting. EQMS is such a circus!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Try to take your bias and hate for EQMS out of your posts and you will see your post has nothing to do with pets moving as fast as mounted players OR the fact that faction pets do not move the same way.

"let your client play for you" -- what?

"learn to PVP" -- you realize we are the top faction guild and PK guild?

"sallos autpilot" -- sallos is the only client with no automation of PVP... razor and steam both allow heavy scripts in PVP.

Anyway -- keep this thread on topic, its about broken pet movement speed and the discrepancy for faction pets.

steve-o

Grandmaster
LAWL another EQMS cry thread

please fix this so we can go on to the next cry thread

ps: faction pet had toget nerfed cause of your COM friends...

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
ALSO: faction pets, can go wild in half a day easily. i have almost lost both of my metas in less than 24 hours. from sitting in my house even. this faction shit fucked over the tamers more than most know.....

wonderful happy to unhappy in hours
I noticed that they went down fast when I was in factions but I didn't know why!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Just waiting for someone to explain why its good to have pets which can near instakill someone be able to move as fast as players so that they can be used offensively/to chase instead of being less mobile turrets of death in PVP.

Once you answer that(and please, no more "dragons have wings" answers), explain why faction pets dont move the same way.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
I think they should make all pets do 50% damage to players with 25% diminishing returns per pet on the player. I think it would help control this 10 tamers PvP at once.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
ehhhh i think damage is already capped.... while a slight reduction for pets in PVP might be in order, the true issue is that pets on this shard move super fucking fast(in combat or not).

On all shards pets were always very strong but their drawback was they were slow as fuck so if you had a tamer you werent nearly as mobile with pets as other players who didnt have them.

On UOF with broken pet movespeeds, pets move as fast as players and thus your meta pet which can insta do 70+ damage is now a super fast mobile turret.

Pandone

Grandmaster
Just waiting for someone to explain why its good to have pets which can near instakill someone be able to move as fast as players so that they can be used offensively/to chase instead of being less mobile turrets of death in PVP.

Once you answer that(and please, no more "dragons have wings" answers), explain why faction pets dont move the same way.
because pet's ai sucks and it's a pain move them and pvp with them in area with spawns. best fix could be same speed as factioner's pets in nocutzone

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Its a pain to move them but it also a pain to be hit by 2 firebreaths and a flamestrike and go from 100-0 real quick... its called balance. You sacrifice mobility of pets for the amazing sustained damage output they provide.

Pandone

Grandmaster
Its a pain to move them but it also a pain to be hit by 2 firebreaths and a flamestrike and go from 100-0 real quick... its called balance. You sacrifice mobility of pets for the amazing sustained damage output they provide.
Made they can attack faction only for defense if not factioned maybe. Slow pets in dungeons would be a super nerf on a tamers shard. Imho @Bobby123 just should stop bring not faction tamers in the nocut after their TB die

Pandone

Grandmaster
I loss connection yesterday cause eqms mumble made me lag bad and i found MMX the mighty vile and stainless raping my factioned mare, OFC i was blue to them. Solution is you cant all kill blue\not attacking factioners outside dungeons/nocut zone.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Really annoying how many people fixate on who the OP is rather then what he is asking. I personally have not been chased down by a pet when mounted but if that is happening and pets really are moving as fast as mounted players that needs to be fixed. They should move as fast as paragon mobs, barely keeping up with players on foot.

Garillo

Master
Pet speed is out of whack. It seems like they're just locked into following your character model by 4-6 tiles once they're on you, even when mounted.