Peacemaking vs High Level Monsters

I am interested in the effectiveness of peacemaking vs high level monsters.

(I understand provoke, so this is not a comparison discussion)

I am mainly wondering how effective peacemaking is vs ancient wyrns, asw, shadow barons, motd, motm.

I get the feeling 100 peace is pretty much worthless. But can anyone with 120 peace me approx what % they successfully some of these monsters?

Hanebu

Master
I tested Peacemaking with 115.
Its not worth spending a single skillpoint in it. All you can do is peace some mid level mobs and attack them. I tried it on a peace archer.
You could peace Blood Elements and kill them without attacking you. But thats all.

If you going to peace a normal dragon, the peacemaking break the second you move or use a skill (if you wanna tame it for example)

There is only one use for peacemaking (so far), you can peace scorpions to raise your taming skill. Once you reached 100 taming you can drop it.

Sorry for the bad news, get provo :)

Durable

Master
i would also like to know if someone has used 120 peace on high level monsters. my experience at 105 peace is similar to Hanebu's post.... I am thinking of making a pure bard (115 provo/ 115 peace/discord) as a support character

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I'm 120 peace and use it a lot, and I'd say it's probably not worth it really. I like it more for area peace to be honest. I still fail a lot on higher end mobs like what you listed, and even when I do succeed the peace breaks soon after they take damage. It can be helpful though with taming aggressive mobs though

Like I said though, area peace can be pretty useful

Hephastus

Journeyman
To be honest, I don't think that peacemaking is too weak. I think that provo is overpowered as you can provoke the toughest monsters in the game without much effort and gear (just an instrument and a few reags) - let alone that you can easily macro up both peace and provo at low costs.

I think peacemaking just works fine. You can peace mid-upper monsters like blood eles at high skill, but you cannot peace ancient wyrms or balrons (I failed even at 120 peace). Peacemaking templates just fill in the gap between melee templates and tamers/provoker templates because you can go toe to toe with these kind of mid-upper mobs without much difficulty. Of course, a melee-provoker or archer-provoker is superior to a peacer - it's just adds another type of warrior class to UO. I personally dropped peace again because I prefer a provoker but if I ever had an 11th character slot, I'd prolly start a peace/fencer to kill mid-upper mobs spamming paralize blow (short spear) and peacemaking, thereby minimizing both physical and magical damage.

I realize this is an old post but I have yet to see any data on what level of peace works on which monster. I have read 100 peace after 90 taming is worthless.

One of the things i miss most from UO was the detailed free information regarding game stats.

At the start of the New Year I will start this flow of information, starting with a complete taming chart, hoping others will follow.

Does anyone have any data regarding using peace on the following?

Young dragon
Frezied ostard
Giant toad
Dire wolf
Imp
Drake
Hellhound
Large hellcat
Dragon
Nightmare
White wyrm

Thanks,

Dragon Forged

halv

Grandmaster
I used peacemaking a lot in Covetous 5. With 120% it's working fine on Werwolfs, Phoenix Matriarchs and Revenant Lions. But it's like a lottery. Sometimes the mob is peace'd until dead and sometimes he will attack you again after 2 secs. The Skeletal Dragons you can peace too, but you will fail a lot and if you succeed the dragon will attack again after 1-2 secs.

My 5 cents.

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
Have you tried Disco? You can disco anything, even bosses, but you will fail a lot at 100. Also, you can keep multiple targets disco'd. Works wonderful as a secondary skill on your second tamer.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I tested Peacemaking with 115.
Its not worth spending a single skillpoint in it. All you can do is peace some mid level mobs and attack them. I tried it on a peace archer.
You could peace Blood Elements and kill them without attacking you. But thats all.

If you going to peace a normal dragon, the peacemaking break the second you move or use a skill (if you wanna tame it for example)

There is only one use for peacemaking (so far), you can peace scorpions to raise your taming skill. Once you reached 100 taming you can drop it.

Sorry for the bad news, get provo :)
I realize this is old but this 100%

I don't know the chances for those lesser creatures but if anyone reads this looking at it from a high end perspective...
120 peace gave me about a 15% chance to peace a standard ancient wyrm with a reptilian death instrument which is appalling. I promptly dropped it after that sad display, gave it maybe an hour of my time. It's somewhat effective in tamer PvP but paralyze works fine for that in most cases. For PvM it's just abysmal.

I love to rail on it any chance I get if you can't tell... lol

batman

Grandmaster
at 120 peace you have a 1 in 3 chance of peacing a lich lord / poison elem
maybe introduce a 120 music ps??

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah and when you do the duration is a complete joke

1/3 sounds like crazy good odds though by peacemaking standards

batman

Grandmaster
Its seconds.. i can tell you i can peace a pe/ll paragon as well as i can one thats not and neither one stays peace longer than 2 3 seconds top!! How is that possible??

Bromista

Grandmaster
Staff doesn't want ez-mode is the real reason why but *cough* *cough* it could probably still stand to be looked at without going overboard