Peacemaking guide?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
It's pretty easy really. Just make a macro to use peacemaking and target yourself. My macro went like this:

use item type (instrument)
use skill peacemaking
wait for target
target self

Since peacemaking has different delays based on whether you succeed or not, I chose not to put a pause at the end and just change the "waitfortarget" timeout to 1. This way the macro will continue to attempt to peacemake yourself.

Also make sure you're around something, like a person or animal. If there's nothing around you you won't gain anything. I'd suggest doing it at Brit or something

Bromista

Grandmaster
One of the easiest skill to GM.

Get a bag of 30 tamborines. Macro on a loop Peacing on yourself to "area peace" so you don't need another target. Park yourself anywhere near another mobile and come back after a while. Boom GM Peace.

The only problem here is that Peacemaking sucks for PvM. Short duration, incredibly high failure rate, and long cool down. You'd be better off going with Provo. Long duration, incredibly high success rate, short cool down.

Guides for Provo are basically all the same. Go to the Deceit bard room and live with getting PK'ed every half hour. It's still the fastest and easiest way to GM Provo.

Or have a provoke party and get 2 boats with WW's and vets on each boat healing them like we did at the beginning of server. that was epic!

had like 50 poeple macrowing on it by the end lol.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
I'd really like to see a nerd to Provo and a buff to peace. On OSI there was more peace tamers than Provo tamers. Now we see a flip flop

Wizx13

Grandmaster
You can almost GM Provo and never step foot at the bar table. I usually Provo skeletons and zombies at Moonglow graveyard till about 73 skill then I move on to dull copper elementals all the way to 97 that leaves you only 3 points to get at the bar table.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
You can almost GM Provo and never step foot at the bar table. I usually Provo skeletons and zombies at Moonglow graveyard till about 73 skill then I move on to dull copper elementals all the way to 97 that leaves you only 3 points to get at the bar table.
I've done it twice without the bard table. DC elementals got me to gm on one char, and the other was on terathans. There are nice safe spots for both.

Snickle

Grandmaster
I'd really like to see a nerd to Provo and a buff to peace. On OSI there was more peace tamers than Provo tamers. Now we see a flip flop
That's because peacemaking was easier to train. I did Provo even back then and made peacers look obsolete even then.
Over the years people have tweaked out what is best for the 700 points. Peacemaking just isn't worth the 100 points for anyone who knows better.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
I disagree completely Snickle, Peacemaking was a requirement for Tamers to solo kill certain mobs after AOS. Provo was not a better option for Tamers.

Funnypants

Master
I went to try raising peacemaking, but I got killed by the guards at WBB when I peaced myself... Did I do something wrong?

greebo

Apprentice
I disagree completely Snickle, Peacemaking was a requirement for Tamers to solo kill certain mobs after AOS. Provo was not a better option for Tamers.

Peacemaking may have had its day on osi servers.

This aint osi though, as I myself have had to learn through pain and suffering:)

Romeo Tyrell

Journeyman
Peacemaking is even obsolete on a MiB farmer? With a build that is something like this:

Provocation
Peacemaking
Music
Magery
Fishing
Archery
Anatomy

With an eventual 115/120 Fishing and 85/80 Magery.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster

One of the best ways to tame that I've seen is to lay down a wall of paralyze, walk creature into it, and tame them as they stay still.

Saw a guy tame a dragon this way; seemed pretty effective.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Solo kill* not solo tame.

Ran a peace tamer on Chesapeake and it wasn't even a question which skill you'd rather have for farming. Peace was king!

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Peacemaking is even obsolete on a MiB farmer? With a build that is something like this:

Provocation
Peacemaking
Music
Magery
Fishing
Archery
Anatomy

With an eventual 115/120 Fishing and 85/80 Magery.
Can be 115/120 fishing and GM all others. However without tactics archery and anat isnt worth it imho. Change that to med and eval and you have a decent build I would think.

Summon a daemon for all guard and then cast EVs to fight as well. Ebolts then come into play for the deeps that are too low for a new EV to be wasted on.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Agreed, and if you did that build you would definitely take tactics over anatomy. Personally I'd have the barding skills on the alt and go pure archer fisher. Spreading mage, bard, and archer skills will be much easier across two chars and gives you fuller and more powerful builds and it should be easy enough to manage two accts whilst out at sea, even for a novice multi-clienter.