Peace/Provo

Samosa

Adept
I am making a Mage/Bard...I was told awhile back that Peace was nerfed. Is it any better now. Can you Peace bigger baddies or does it still fail a lot at high skill. Any Bards that can share some insight .... Thanks. This is just a PVM Bard to travel the dungeons and try and make some gold.

Samosa

Adept
What a shame. I wonder if 110 would make a difference. I just need to be able to try and have a little control when in the midst of baddies.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yup, peace has been broken on this server forever and no one seems to care enough to do anything about it. Or is it that provo is OP? Peace was actually useful when PvMing back in my OSI days so I'd say it's peace that needs some love more than anything.

But yeah, use it to only to train taming when doing aggressive spawn in dungeons or to use the powerscrolls to bump your skill cap to 720. Peace as a skill = piece of shit.

Young Star

Grandmaster
If peaced worked as well as provo though then there really wouldn't be much of a need to have provoke for a lot of people. Peace doesn't require two mobs like provo does.

Bromista

Grandmaster
While true, as it stands though literally no one uses peace and everyone uses provo so something could stand to change :)

Area peace is a nice and unique feature and it's certainly strong enough as is (relative to its cooldown) without tweaking how it works...but unfortunately it's applications are few and far between...if direct target peacing wasn't subject to both a high failure rate and a short duration more people would use it instead of it being a largely forgotten skill.

Samosa

Adept
How does area peace work? Do you target the ground in front of you and have a certain amount of tiles that are Peaced? Or does it Peace everything in sight of you?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Target yo self!

I forget exact numbers for cool down, duration, and radius...give it a try though see if it does anything for you.

kolbycrouch

Master
About how long would you say Peace last? Is it just a few seconds?
I only trained it up and used it a few times.

I would say it lasts about 2 seconds or so with targeted peace.

If I remember right, it's on the same timer as provo.

It's hard for you to do anything useful to the monster after you peace it.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I only ever use Peace to get a few attempts of taming on an aggressive mob, like dragons. Peace last just long enough to get like 3 or 4 skill uses. It will re-aggro on me while taming, just have to be sure not to hit it or the taming stops.

halv

Grandmaster
I'm still curious about hit chance on peaced mobs. If i fight a mob the regular way, it's like we all know it. But if i fight a peaced mob it's only missing, missing, missing, missing, hit, missing, missing, missing, missing etc.

Some days ago we tried this again with werewolfs in Covetous 5 and my wifes defenser. My bard was peacing the werewolfs and after this she was mostly missing them. It's possible we are wrong, but i'm curious about a reduced hit chance on peaced mobs.

Samosa

Adept
Interesting. I wish they would just make it a usable skill. Not over powered but I'm trying to make a pure bard and its a shame to not have Peace at least be worth the slot. If it affects Hit Chance that really stinks. I would be happy with a 15 second timer on it and no affect to any other skill.

Discordance is still a skill, as for how useful it is I have no idea, just started on the server myself, but still it could be an alternative to peacemaking if its truly so useless. Anyone use Discord?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Disco has no PS, is slow to train, and is subject to a high failure rate...comparable to peace so bring your slayers...

When it hits it's nice but it has never been enough to make me want it for myself. I opted for training another tamer for dual client tamer farming instead. Support chars should bring pets too!

Now that I have a max paralytic on my steed I don't see the need for Disco myself. Stacking the effects would certainly accomplish something but that just seems like overkill.

In short, paralytic is the new discord but if you're a baller on a budget it's worked for some ppl so give it a try. It's a skill with high end use.

P.s. if anything a peaced target should have a reduced hit defense, not the opposite effect (big lol if that is the case)

Last edited:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
How long -does- peace last at GM? 1~??? sec

Depending also on the CD you could get away with some stupid funny things.

*goes around peacing every mob in dungeon and stealing their items*

Peace can be useful against dexxers in PvP. Wait for the moment they are about to connect with a melee strike and peace them. A good dexxer will re-fight, but skill over-rides a -LOT- of cheese in this game.

Except tamers; tamers are stupid strong cheese.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Also just wanna say that I remember a staff member (possibly Shane) say they didn't want things too easy mode so that may explain why peace has gotten very little attention overall...and I do get that...but like srsly how ez mode is Provo rn let's be real...it has the power to see a target meet its demise on its own. While you are hidden. With a super high success rate relative to other barding skills. You kiddin' me?

Shit, @Bobby123 knows its power. He used to Provo paragons with AoE onto the Hythloth boss and recall out of the fucking dungeon while it died a fairly slow, but absolutely certain death. Sure, you can't provo onto that boss anymore (you're welcome, shove it, etc) but if that isn't a testament to how easy Provo is then I don't know what more I can say. Well there is one last thing:

Meta tamers and tali chars make things awful easy too, amirite?

Bards need some love. Don't even talk to me about firehorns.

Last edited:

Young Star

Grandmaster
Disco has no PS, is slow to train, and is subject to a high failure rate...comparable to peace so bring your slayers...

When it hits it's nice but it has never been enough to make me want it for myself. I opted for training another tamer for dual client tamer farming instead. Support chars should bring pets too!

Now that I have a max paralytic on my steed I don't see the need for Disco myself. Stacking the effects would certainly accomplish something but that just seems like overkill.

In short, paralytic is the new discord but if you're a baller on a budget it's worked for some ppl so give it a try. It's a skill with high end use.

P.s. if anything a peaced target should have a reduced hit defense, not the opposite effect (big lol if that is the case)
Comparable to peace, discord has a really high success rate. The thing with discord though is that whatever you target immediately goes after you. So on a tamer you have to always keep your pet between you and the mob as well as a few tiles to give your pet time to re-focus aggro. If I can keep up vetting withput it most times i dont use it if i dont get a successful attempt before the mob reaches my pet. If my pet is losing the fight with me vetting i will time discord attempts between bandages but i have to be careful to run back a few tiles if successful, especially for mibs that can 1-2 shot me. So far I have just veen too lazy to drop it for something else.