Now that EQMS is leaving, implement a guild member cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the right time to do it. If not, another massive zerg guild will form.

Why? Because 90% of the players in EQMS joined so they can enjoy PvM in peace. These players aren't interested in real PvP and will, over time, all accumulate into one massive guild again to keep playing the way they got used to.

There has been a lot of discussion about implementing a guild cap in the past year and it wasn't possible before because EQMS wasn't accepting it. They never made it a secret that should a cap be implemented they would just form alliances or find other ways to circumvent it. The same thing goes for other ideas staff had for fixing the balance issues on the shard, like perma stat for reds. None of it was possible because EQMS got so big and pretty much took the shard hostage.

Now that a lot of their old members will likely guild hop could be the perfect opportunity, maybe only opportunity we get to fix the shards issues. Please staff, implement a cap now to prevent the problems getting this bad again.

This is NOT an EQMS - or their members - bashing thread. Please discuss in a civilized manner.

Would you suggest the cap consist of individual account caps or character caps?

Since it's against the rules to multi account PvP, I think an account cap, or rather IP cap, would be fine. That way the members a guild has could still add their alts without bloating the numbers.

because the main problem of UO.

Vets and new players compete around the same stuff.

The only reasonable way for new or bad/less competive players to compete with Vet is stacking numbers.

Nobody is saying players can't "stack numbers". There should just be a limit to how big a group can get. If half the shard ends up in the same guild again, that's a bad thing.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
No. There's already a cap on alliances which already hit us. No matter what there will always be a guild like eqms... it's just the natural flow of things in the world of Ultima Online in general.

No.
Here is why.
Group a) 10 players who play 25 hours a day
Group b) 100 players play 4 hours a week and usually run 5 deep.

Now you cap them and the guild of casuals actually end up at a worse disadvantage.

In theory, sure.

In reality this shard has been plagued by one guild dominating it so hard over the past years. Which was due to their size.

e2wolfe

Neophyte
If you're going to cap guild member sizes to prevent new/low level players from getting ganked by reds that have nothing else to do but kill players that are just trying to play they want to play, then what protections are you suggesting they get? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy pvp and have a red too but I'm not a ganker. I don't run into places and rape lowbies or afks. No challenge in that... So if you say stop the weak from grouping to protect themselves what can you suggest to offset one of the only tried and true methods of protection?

e2wolfe

Neophyte
Like I said, I'm ALL for PVP. I just think we need to be careful limiting things that can provide protection for those not interested in PVP as much as some may that's all. I think its a great idea limiting guild sizes. I just think there should be some offset since there isn't a Trammel on this site.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Like I said, I'm ALL for PVP. I just think we need to be careful limiting things that can provide protection for those not interested in PVP as much as some may that's all. I think its a great idea limiting guild sizes. I just think there should be some offset since there isn't a Trammel on this site.

This is why faction should be capped and not guild sizes or alliances

Factions is a pvp system

girana

Grandmaster
Let's not derail this into PvP trashtalk, ok?

its not PvP Trashtalk

but honestly EQMS was never dominating the shard its was just a story made up by glutt.

Not in PvP, not in PKing, not in RDAs, not in Champs, not in RP.

The only part of the game they were dominating was IDOCs but that was only because noone else cared much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.