1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notice of Rules revision, update and reminder.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone,
    We have now updated our terms of use and rules over at http://www.uoforever.com/rules.php.
    We feel these rules are simple and that most people who just play the game and have fun as intended probably won't have to worry about this update.

In the last weeks we have updated our rules and terms of use page so that everyone is on the same page. We want to ensure that Ultima Online Forever continues it's history of sticking to it's guns and ensuring that everyone who plays here will be playing equally.

Lately we've been looking into(and enforcing as you may have heard) those who have seriously abused things such as multiple accounts and/or sharing of accounts. I want to note and again remind everyone that our rule is that there may be only THREE(3) accounts per IP Address and/or house hold. With that said, please do not let this scare you, we know there are certain situations or circumstances where someone may enter the wrong account name which then creates an account over the three limit. This is OKAY as long as it is left empty. We are also aware that people go and play at other's houses etc and many other things. We are very knowledgeable and versed after 5 years of handling things like this, this update is just a reminder of basically what has always been.

We feel this reminder, revision and update is needed as we are seeing a large influx of players joining Ultima Online Forever in the recent months. This will continue as we have some very great things coming up going further into 2018 and we are wanting to be as pro-active as we possibly can. If you have any questions please feel free to reply below and as a rule of thumb if you are not sure of something or are uncertain of the rules simply just ask by replying here, posting a new thread on forums, asking in our http://discord.uoforever.com, paging in game, or emailing us.

Thank you,
    Ultima Online Forever Team.

------------

Added January 14th, 2018:
    We have initiated a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for all communicative platforms of Ultima Online Forever(http://discord.uoforever.com, Forums, Twitch). This means that we will not be even thinking twice about banning troll posts/messages or troll users. We want and expect everyone to simply have fun, not start drama, be positive and enjoy the upcoming events that the staff has been working tirelessly to provide for the community as a whole. Going into the next two weeks we will be moderating everything in a major way. All we ask is for you to have fun, make friends and make some memories here on Ultima Online Forever. If you have any questions PM SHANE - Do not bring up discussions in General.

----

Added January 17th, 2018:
    THE TERMS OF USE AND RULES HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED. PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME AND LOOK IT OVER.

www.uoforever.com/rules.php

Thank you,
    Ultima Online Forever Staff

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Dracule, wkstrm, Firecrest and 12 others like this.
  2. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Added January 14th, 2018:
    We have initiated a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for all communicative platforms of Ultima Online Forever(http://discord.uoforever.com, Forums, Twitch). This means that we will not be even thinking twice about banning troll posts/messages or troll users. We want and expect everyone to simply have fun, not start drama, be positive and enjoy the upcoming events that the staff has been working tirelessly to provide for the community as a whole. Going into the next two weeks we will be moderating everything in a major way. All we ask is for you to have fun, make friends and make some memories here on Ultima Online Forever. If you have any questions PM SHANE - Do not bring up discussions in General. - If you cannot do that email shane AT uoforever DOT com

Mystical Master and Ms BabyDoll like this.
  3. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    THE TERMS OF USE AND RULES HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED. PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME AND LOOK IT OVER.

www.uoforever.com/rules.php

Thank you,
    Ultima Online Forever Staff

4. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    I seriously appreciate that!

5. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    I have a question.

"DO NOT use an animal taming macro unattended. Any sort of afk scripting using this skill set will be punishable."

Maybe consider making the skill easier to gain since every higher level or veteran has done this previously to be ahead in game? It can be frustrating for a player, especially when you know most of these scums were using tricks like turning yourself red to gain at easier level animals ect. I know some spots of taming NOW have been altered in ways to prevent you from even speed taming at a manual playing pace. Maybe some more detailed spawns can be implemented in certain areas that don't change dramatically and can be controlled. It would make since to implement a more controlled spawns in different areas for every level of taming since its going to be heavily enforced. Seems like a fair trade.

6. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014
    taming is super easy.

last tamer took me about 90sec to gain from 50 to 110.

7. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014

damit fat fingers cant edit so 2nd post.

There is good reason some stuff takes a longer as other . Most player need Goals to keep playing and thats what keep the Server full and alive.

If you start and you got after 1 week full max out with high end Pets, Talis and ton of gold noone would keep playing becausen noone had any goals ingame left.

8. JackPalance

JackPalance Master

Jul 28, 2015
    JackPalance
    What he said ^^

also - to say that vets gamed the system before non afk rules were introduced is just not true. I GMed taming close to three years ago. It was a grind then just as it is a grind now. That is by design as it is the most lucrative skill to have. I am sure there are a handful of bad apples out there that cheated/gamed the system, but the vast vast majority of players - newbs and vets alike did it the long, hard, painful, I would rather draw a warm bath and open a vein than tame anymore, way.

9. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    So when taming ss were like 40k a pop and people would tame up to 60, turn red, then gain of same level mobs, gm in like 12 days afk in a room inside a dungeon. Yes future players should have it just as fair as past players. Showing equality will be appreciated and make players enjoy the game. Obviously yes its slowed down but seriously now its illegal to macro, it is already hard enough. Why make it harder for the new players while these vets are racing around you like you are nothing, and you are nothing. How make you feel if I was 100 taming using ridiculous afk macros and bugs to get ahead of everyone. Now its illegal. This other player is way more advanced in the skill than you, making it even hard for you to make gold at all.

10. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    Didn't ask anything about talisman, thats what powerscrolls and talisman are for. I am talking about the way the skill is gained, and how it is limited by spawn. The spawn is fucking whack. There is maybe a couple legitimate places to gain, there is no organization to it. I should be able to make a rune set of how to go from 0-gm but theres no official spots of spawn, and some of the spots you have to wait riciulous amount of time for the animal to spawn which slows you down if you are actually not afk taming. I want to move at my max speed while investing my actual time into the game. Maybe make some of the spawn faster and implement different levels in different areas that dont just roam anywhere. This would even make it easier to find afkers. I can go on and on.

11. StegcO

StegcO Grandmaster

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    I trained 5 tamers without old trick, taming ss from 200 to 300.

Is not imposible to have 1 tamer

12. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    you think its fair you could drop millions to gm or you implying that the whole system of training a tamer is right?

13. StegcO

StegcO Grandmaster

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    I havent trained 5 tamer with 70 ss each, i trained them manually while the market of SS was just 200 to 300 each, i used more or less 7 each

14. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    manually, watching the screen, for hours, watching the you begin taming, for hours

15. Morgy

Morgy Grandmaster

Feb 12, 2015
    Morgy
    Did it the rough way myself...id say more ppl do it the long painful way then i've ever heard of anyone exploiting to become a tamer.

In the end Its a sense of accomplishment doin that taming grind

Mystical Master likes this.
  16. Young Star

Young Star Grandmaster

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    you are talking about a very few outliers and exploits like that were fixed. I have been here over 3 years and you are referencing something that happened before my time. Since I joined, AFK taming has been monitored very heavily. People can use a script to tame, they have always had to be able to respond to staff if approached.

17. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    people still do it and never get caught its just discouraging for others players

18. StegcO

StegcO Grandmaster

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    Watching the screen means you can play a provo archer to make money and another client in background taming, if you positioning correctly the screen you can do it.

You also can PVP with taming in background..

19. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014

alot ppl getting caught and punish (loss of taming skill)

20. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Master

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER