1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Rares: Consumable Perks

Discussion in 'News' started by Swayze, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    After some testing (mining), I think you should redesign/reconsider the Bountiful Harvest Perk. While it was a nice passive bonus during the age of Minax, but the active version doesn't even make a difference compared to the cost to obtain it. Granted, the market is still finding it's equilibrium, but I think getting 61min perk for 5.000g was a bottom price already.

My own data shows for base comparison:
    • Normal mining in a cave with 5x packhorses, with recall to handle logistics yields: 32.270,265 gold per hour in value. (*)
    • Valorite recall mining with 5x packhorses yields: ~44.000-ish gold per hour in value. (*)
    *) Using tripple mining cycles, with 62,5% exceptional melt rates, assuming iron and valorite ingots are all sold. Valorites nodes are uncontested.

Using the perk for valorite recall mining with 5xpackhorses yielded: ~49.000ish gold per hour in value. Granted, I think some nodes were contested at the time. So considering the base number, this a break even operation when buying the perk at 5k/h.

Counter arguments:

But Elizabeth, you get 3 ore per time instead of 2 ore. How come your added value isn't 50%?
    Well, for starters, ore requires a shitload of logistics, which don't scale with the perk. Your packhorse can only carry 133 ore, regardless how fast you can mine it up. There is still the need to move around, loading ore, recalling, unloading ore, refilling regs (or tools if you don't use orcish pickaxes). Your mining cycles still need to finish before you know a vein is empty. So none of these things scale with the perk.​

But Elizabeth, you are doing it wrong! A different setup will work better.
    Yes, you are right, the bountiful perk would yield a higher output if you are able to handle the logistics on a seperate character and use one character to focus on mining it up. But that wouldn't work for recall mining valorite at all. With cave mining that might work, having a second account deal with logistics so one miner increase it's yield as close to 150% as possible comes with a cost. You are losing 100% yield on the second account, because that account could yield 100% on it's own.​

But Elizabeth, this is only for mining, have you considered Lumberjacking?
    Yes, I did. Granted, I didn't run the number - It's pretty obvious mining yields more value than wood. Wood rarely sells and most of it is plain wood - which nobody needs anyways.​

So what are you saying? We should boost the bountiful harvest perk?
    Yes and no. I'm just saying, in it's current state it's useless and any idea's I can come up with for boosting it won't give an overall solution for the others skills. Increased yield will barely make a difference due to the reasons stated above. Overall, I think people would be more happy if they didn't exist and other perks would drop instead.​

2. Popstarpirate

Popstarpirate Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Le Fondel, HandThatHands,WhatsMinedIsMine, Craf'Tar, Dangles Shamely, Dirty Thoughts
    "it's pretty obvious mining yields more value than wood" Agree to disagree. I've bought 4 harvests at 60k each and without it i make about 30-50k in just regular logs per hour. I donno I'll test it tomorrow

3. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    PSP, did you got the test results back yet? I'm curious how effective it is for LJing.

4. Popstarpirate

Popstarpirate Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Le Fondel, HandThatHands,WhatsMinedIsMine, Craf'Tar, Dangles Shamely, Dirty Thoughts
    Worth it as I expected for a lumberjack (just barely until you get heart through frostwood). If the information I was told is correct, I pity miners. Instead of increased amounts of ore, they instead pull from the max ore in the vein quicker. Meanwhile, I'm experiencing the nostalgia of Minax benefits while LJ-ing. Within 5 minutes i've made about 5-10% of what i paid total for the perk from the extra logs. Not a great perk as is, will try to buy at 40-60k as it is made quickly when lucky hits of blood/frostwood come out of the trees.

EDIT: if you're paying 5k per hour, all of anything you've said is now disgregarded. Even a new player can afford 5k an hour for quicker adventuring gains.

5. Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    So why does the champion perk have the "105 minutes" thing attached to it? If the perk expires 03/21, I have until that day to go to a champ that's on cooldown and double click it. I don't get where the minutes thing comes into play with this perk. I got one that says "105 minutes". Does that mean once I double click it for the first time to use it, I can use it again and again for 105 minutes?

6. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    It is because they all share the same base class. It means nothing for the champ perk.

3 people like this.
  7. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Morgana/Skala/Morgan Le Fay
    The champion perk works for any champ spawn. After you double click it the item becomes blessed , now all you have to do is head to the champ you and your three friends would like to do. Enter the alter area and as soon as you leave the alter the perk will vanish. The champ is now activated.

Also depending on how many perks you have you can activate another champ perk for the same spawn as soon as killing the boss.
    NOTE: I would advise letting the old spawn vanish before popping it again, like 5 or so minutes,. As the old spawn made it more difficult to do the new spawn after popping 4 barracoons in roll. (Extra Rat Archers are not fun)

2 people like this.
  8. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Morgana/Skala/Morgan Le Fay
    You have that long to use it after activating it. The date is how long you have tell it vanishes.
    Example , I have a perk for champ say 105 mins expires on 03/11/2017
    I have tell the 11th of March to use it, but as soon as I click it I have 105 mins to head to a champ spawn to use it or it vanishes.
    Only Good for one champ spawn so choose wisely.

4 people like this.
  9. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    True, however the chances of you activating it for an hour+ before you actually use it is unlikely.

2 people like this.