1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Rares: Consumable Perks

Discussion in 'News' started by Swayze, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    [​IMG]
    Consumable Perks addition

As mentioned in the Champion Spawn redesign thread:
    http://www.uoforum.com/threads/official-champion-spawn-changes.91977/

We have added in new items into the game called "Consumable Perks". These are rare items that decay at a certain time and give you rolled amount of time that the perk lasts while activated.

You will receive these items just like you would a relic at a champion spawn as it will appear in your bag after the boss dies and you must be in range of the boss. These items are not as rare as a relic but are still rare. Everyone (factioners and non-factioners) are eligible to receive one. These were created to replace faction sigil bonuses as we felt the bonuses were not fully working how it was intended.

When activated, these items must be in your bag and become blessed.

Here is a list of eligible perks:

Animal Affinity Perk - This will give you 100% control of your pets when active.
    Pet XP Perk - This will increase the amount of XP your pet will receive when active,
    Pet Relic XP Perk - This will increase the amount of XP your pet's relics will receive when active.
    Bountiful Harvest Perk - This will increase the amount of resources you will receive when active.
    Talisman XP Perk - This will increase the amount of XP your talisman will receive when active.
    Talisman Relic XP Perk - This will increase the amount of XP your talisman's relics will receive when active.
    Wealth Perk - This will increase the amount of gold a mob drops when you kill it when active.
    Craftsmanship Perk - This will increase the success change, exceptional chance and slayer modifier after crafting when active.
    Skill Gain Perk - This will increase the amount of skill gain you receive when active.
    Champion Perk - This will decrease the cool down of a champion. Once it is in your bag and you have enough players at the alter, it will disappear from your bag and activate the champion spawn.

This thread will be open for questions only.

16 people like this.
  2. MTBowl

MTBowl Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2014
    MT Bowl
    Hmm ok but if you get the champion perk in your bag at a champ thats just done and it dies by the altar and other players are around wont it just use it right then?

3. Sparty

Sparty Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Can multiples be used and once, and can you double stack for extra time or double the bonus?

Also do they all last the same amount of time or are they given random timers?

Does the timer tick down while logged off that character?

4. Xiulan

Xiulan Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Sweet items. Does Arch Demon give them too? Could they be added to MOTM? Or are you just trying to make champs more worth it?

5. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    You could technically do the same thing with a powerscroll or relic.

6. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Yes you can stack them but it will only work if they are different perks.

Random Timers.

Once it is activated and you log off it will continue to tick down. The idea is you will want to activate one when you know you will be on for that period of time.

7. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Yes, Arch Demon has a change to give this out.

At this moment they will not be added to MOTM.

8. Sketeg

Sketeg Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    so are faction sigil bonuses turned off now?

9. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Not yet

10. Sketeg

Sketeg Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    so will the bonuses from perks stack with faction sigil bonuses?

11. MTBowl

MTBowl Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2014
    MT Bowl
    No mate I am saying it would just auto use its self not like you using a ps or relic when you get it. How you posted it is if its in your bag by the altar with three other players it will vanish and the champ will pop.

12. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Oh my bad I misread what you posted. So you have it in your bag activated and you and X amount of people stay on the alter and it will pop

13. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    @MTBowl so it sounds like it does nada until you double click it and start the timer. Haven't seen one myself though.

14. jeffe

jeffe Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    When will the broken faction sigil system be turned off? When will cap be readded to factions?

4 people like this.
  15. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    @MTBowl

Ok let me paint a scenario as to when you would use this.

Champion spawn X is down on cooldown. Person Y has a champion perk. Person Y says to their friends "Hey lets do Champion spawn X, I have a champion perk". Person Y and friends go to the alter. Person Y double clicks the perk, BAM, the cooldown is removed. Person Y and friends get to do the champion spawn!

4 people like this.
  16. kabookie

kabookie Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    So the champion cool down perks are champion specific?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Any champ on cooldown

18. A Stoned Figure

A Stoned Figure Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Trillx
    A Stoned Tamer
    when will faction bonuses be turned off

19. iWin

iWin Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    iWin
    The item uses its complete duration when used? So for crafting, I would need to craft for 2 hours+ or I just end up wasting bonus time if I quit after 30 minute?

Has faction blessed Weps been changed?

20. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    correct, once activated... you cannot stop it.