1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New interview about Ultima Online.

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Coorhagen, Jun 25, 2018.

1. BigDaddyAz

BigDaddyAz Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Xandros,Azeroth,Anti-Hero,
    t2a stat lost pks helps with gold sink and gives them time to macro their toon back up:p

2. carolynn

carolynn Active Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Carolynn
    I've played since 97 and been pvping and pking since then. I think pks should be removed from the game as it serves 0 purpose aside from griefing the ones that are killed.

Instead of that give reward incentives to those who are in militia (more than what's currently in place) so that people who do champ/rda while in it have a higher chance or getting something.

I'd MUCH rather had 2x population than give 1% of the population the chance to grief others.

3. khajja

khajja Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Khajja, Dakhath, Bakhtosh, Bhurak, Jabberwock, Sinistre, [Werkt]
    Why have you been pking since 97 if it serves 0 purpose aside from griefing the ones that are killed?

4. carolynn

carolynn Active Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Carolynn
    I should rephrase what I said. I used to pk and now believe it is an unnecessary evil in this game.

5. khajja

khajja Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2014
    the nice thing about a sandbox is that there are many different activities to do and ways to play. It's easy to view the game (and really, we're talking about life and the world here) based only on your experience, without internalizing the experiences, hopes, and dreams of others.

I've played since '98 and been crafting since. I think crafting should be removed from the game as it serves 0 purpose aside from adding lag for the ones that pvp.

Instead of that give reward incentives to those who are in militia or pk so that crafting isn't necessary.

I'd MUCH rather have 2x the pvp population than let the 1% of the population (crafters) the chance to take up pvp bandwidth.

6. CFL

CFL Member

Aug 18, 2018
    CFL Rejects, Jack Daniels II
    Being a new player I can see both sides of the coin, but TBH most of the PK's I have had the misfortune of meeting on UOF have been really good. They kill me, rez me and be on their way maybe loot my gold but big deal really.

7. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    Crafting is the only reason some of us even play the game khajja, running a vendor home, it's like our own little business in the game, and I'm not really sure why you think removing crafting would increase the PvP population? You were right in your first sentence, different activities and different ways to play, why exactly are you looking to remove one of them? They are what make the game great.

8. khajja

khajja Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2014
    *Facepalm*

9. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    Ya I entirely fluffed that one.. missed the post above it..