1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Host Soon

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Carl, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Jani

Jani Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Any update on this? This is unplayable even with VPN right now.

2. Agentodd

Agentodd Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Elistra Viz
    Well I tried the old server a few times and the ping was bad for me so I didn't bother with the server at all. When the move was announced I hoped it would be good news for me and I am now enjoying the game again after 10 years away.

I am in the UK and I get a rock steady 116 ping to this server (without any VPN). If the old server is reinstated my days on this shard will be over :( the connection was unplayable for me.

If you want a good 24/7 population please keep it somewhere where us Europeans can enjoy a good connection.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. MisterG

MisterG Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Carim + Friends ;)
    Seriously, is it just me?

I ask around and certain people have no issues, and half of NewP guild says they have 'lag' issues.

The only place I will DC on a constant minute by minute basis, and that is in brit. Is anyone else with me when I say its all the fucking bank sitters or yelpers just clogging up the shitter?

It cannot possibly be my computer. No way in hell.

4. Inflames

Inflames Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    any news on this??? still gonna happen?? starting to hate this host!!

5. Modus

Modus Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    I hope it will be a good connection from europe, too..

2 people like this.
  6. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Still in the works. It is just quiet right now as all options are being reviewed.

7. kristina

kristina Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Demonah
    I'm readingn in these posts where some have no lag issues. The time the lag happens is around 7pm - 9pm CST... which is peak internet usage times.

8. Inflames

Feb 22, 2014
    for me this isn't a my wife is steaming net flix issue. i have plenty of bandwidth. i do a ping and like 4 of my 5 hops are fine but one hop will be triple what the others are. this never happened on old server

2 people like this.
  9. kristina

Aug 30, 2014
    Demonah
    Right..so one of the hops is having a major malfunction. My point was that some people play on different time zones - maybe the ones having NO lag issues are on a time zone when lag doesn't happen. I don't have lag all of the time either.. only during peak usage hours. I can ping other servers just fine during lag on UOF - so its not a problem with my connectivity.

10. kristina

Aug 30, 2014
    Demonah

11. kristina

Aug 30, 2014
    Demonah
    Oh yeah!! I for one don't look forward to having 24/7 with a good ping rate!! MOVE the SERVER PLEASE!! hehe

12. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Distance to server does not equal good ping. It is the internet route that matters. I can live next door to a data center and still ping outrageously to it based on where I am being routed.

This is also why VPNs work so well because they change the routing so that it doesn't hit slow routing servers.

13. kristina

Aug 30, 2014
    Demonah
    Yep.. I realize that distance has no relativity to ping. But, living closer to the server should mean fewer hops.. which was what I was referring to.

14. spudd

spudd Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Taffy
    Yet that's not true either. I am not tech savvy but I live right by Chicago and when I was lagging it was crap. I'd pig 12 lowest then highest 660. So idk. But I haven't been lagging at all this week

2 people like this.
  15. TyraeL!

TyraeL! Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Allow me to illustrate how some have been experiencing UOF recently with the inconsistencies, myself included at times:

White jersey = the lag
    Red jersey = effected UOF populous

[​IMG]

As you can see, it is very unpleasant.

16. Chesty Puller

Chesty Puller Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    dirty south here.. anywhere between 90 - 1200 ms...

17. Opentun

Opentun Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Have posted my packet info on the correct thread. Just wanted to say it has become unplayable unless your just crafting around prime time. The last 3 ips its routed to time out every so often and you have no chance of living if your farming, pvping, champ/rda. I end up just logging out early every night. Hope it gets worked out.

2 people like this.
  18. Inflames

Feb 22, 2014
    come on with this fix i live on east coast pinging 40 some days 300 most. am i gonna have to look into a vpn also so its playable for me. i live way to close to this server to be pinging 300

19. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    New host will be coming this upcoming week.

5 people like this.
  20. Agentodd

Agentodd Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Elistra Viz
    The 24/7 I mentioned was in relation to players on the server. If the server is really bad for the majority or EU players they will leave so the server will have really quiet times instead of bustling 24/7.

Wouldn't you prefer to log on knowing there will be people around regardless of time?