1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Boats to be removed, Price increase PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Alan, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Because it's been discussed for like three months or more. This wasn't a surprise. They said from the start the boats being cheap was temporary. In fact was suppose to be for a few days. We were able to use them at a reduced cost for much longer. They told us several weeks ago it would soon come to an end. Read the forums. Don't just come here to complain.

2 people like this.
  2. Malkraven

Malkraven Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    It's not new news they said when they put them in it was to test the new ships also wasn't there a warning when u purchased a galleon that it would be deleted at some point?

people need to learn to read those pop ups and the check the forums for news its been up here for since xmas

3. Mattladig

Mattladig Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Chemdawg, Teddy Bear, Foodstamp
    Maybe again with the reading couldn't hurt *a word of advice from zoidburg*

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

4. Kalos

Kalos Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Anyone get anything special yet?

5. Dewderonomy

Dewderonomy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    Just a bunch of different petrified shells.

6. dynoking

dynoking Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    All i have gotten is a giant shell and a giant clam colored the same as the rusty seahorse in the sale forums

7. Dewderonomy

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    Well they did take a long time to actually do it.

But c'mon... 15K for a galleon that can sink ships and 30K for a small ship? You didn't think something was funny? I'll give you that they dragged ass - they know it, too, which is why they offered 7.5k back instead of nothing (which is what was originally planned). But to say you didn't have a clue something was up is just whining, or you're imbecilic. Most people on these forums know at least about my crew, and we've made mention to the galleons and their lack of costs for months now because it wasn't official.

Make some friends on the server and this information will become easier to acquire.

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Dude you need to calm down. When multiple people say it was posted on the forums is probably because it was posted on the forums. It was also in a message of the day and a pop up and the Expansion notes. It was very clear that the fee was to be considered a rental fee and you were actually told you would get nothing back. I'm sorry that you missed all the messages and are out some gold but don't tag the community or the server because you didn't catch something that everyone else is telling you was adequately explained. So instead maybe try a post stating how you bought a boat and it was deleted before you even got to use it and leave out all the trash and watch how wick thus community jumps to help replace your lost funds.

2 people like this.
  9. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    dragged ass eh
    one way to show appreciation lol

10. Inverno

Inverno Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Ok I don't really want to get in the middle of the flaming, I want real boat info. Im new to the server and have just finished my fisherman char and was literally going to buy a boat when I saw this info. Turns out reading this may have saved me every bit of gold I was going to spend on a boat. I just hit 100k, what boat can I buy that dosent get taken away? And what boats get to benefit from the 10% ransom thing? And whats that all about... Any info on how the high seas operate here would be much appreciated.

11. archon

archon Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I'm in the same boat! No pun intended :)

12. Dewderonomy

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    All ships are now sinkable. There are two "types" of ship: classics (small, medium, large, dragon or not dragon) and galleons (Tokunese, Gargish and Orcish ships). Classics are cheaper (20-40K range) while galleons are 250K. Classics, when the server first started (before the cool Osiredons, whirlpools and increased loot tables), were in the 80-150K range; they have decreased in cost steadily since, and have decreased since galleons were introduced.

You can only sink a ship with guns/cannon that are mounted on galleons. That means in order to sink a ship, you have to invest quite a bit and risk that ship in order to do so.

All ships can be repaired using the same mini-game that cannon use for loading powder. I recommend having repair items bought from shipwrights on you at all times while at sea.

When a ship is sunk, the owner of the sunken vessel gets a ransom notice. For 15 minutes their ship is safe. They can choose to pay the ransom (10% of the cost of the ship) to the attackers and get their ship back as a boat model; or they can decide to fight for their ship back. This gives them 1 hour (from the time it was sunk) to get back to their ship where only the boat owner can repair it out of the water (getting a boat model in return). If after 15 minutes no option is decided (or after an hour if you decide to go get your ship back), then anyone can repair the ship; last person to repair it, gets the model in their backpack.

2 people like this.
  13. Inverno

Inverno Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Ok so I start out with a 30k boat. I can still dry dock it etc when I log for the night right? I am fishing around and get taken out, I can get my boat back for 3k ransom and life is good?

14. Dewderonomy

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    2 people like this.