1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Boat System: "Event" & Testing!

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Alan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. DoeBoy

DoeBoy Expert

Jan 8, 2014
    impossible to macro fish cus u cant auto loot-no auto loot no fish macro

2. Mr.Important

Mr.Important Master

Jul 7, 2013
    ^^ obviously not a thief so thanks for answering this for me. The fact is they are taking items out the game for thieves and not replacing them with anything.

^^ as cheap as they will be you can buy 2 and you wont ever haveto worry about someone stealing it from you.

3. Defari

Defari Adept

Jan 1, 2014
    What happens to a boat that I already own? Will it be deleted when the expansion is released? I hope not :(

Edit: not one of the new boats - it's an old school boat I bought/placed a week or so ago

4. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    New stuff is being added that can be stolen. Legendary Hammer, hammer pieces, imbuing runes for slayer weapons, new rares from rare spawns and ect.

Old boats are not being deleted. You should dry dock them before the expansion though.

2 people like this.
  5. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Any ETA when we can get the ships tonight?

6. Dewderonomy

Dewderonomy Grandmaster

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    [​IMG]

No, it won't. This is just the galleons they added which will be deleted.

I think this will need to be figured out after Week 1, see what the layout of the land (or sea) is, so to speak. Once we get a feel for it, I'm sure it'll be easier to fathom what is necessary to keep it from being camped. The suggestions thus far all seem pretty solid, though, and a combination thereof is likely the solution.

Keep in mind the smaller ships are narrower and smaller; it'll be difficult to shoot a classic maneuvering, even a large classic. Gunnery and maneuvering are going to be based on player skill; if you don't want your classic sunk, you'll need to learn how to maneuver away from the cannon. Likewise, if you want to sink a ship, you'll need to practice your gunnery; there isn't a skill to sit at a bank and macro on over night to get you good at this. Classics have significant advantages in this department, so much so that the crew of the Black Wind even considered NOT using galleons for a long, long time. (Galleons are just too damn fun and cool to pass up, though!)

Really happy to see the ransoming system, blessed models and that galleons will be hundreds of thousands to purchase. I think people need to remember how easy Fishing really is, how profitable it is, how vast the "hunting grounds" are, and finally, that even the pirates going out to sea are risking something, too. Time to rally your crews!

[​IMG]

7. Mr.Important

Mr.Important Master

Jul 7, 2013
    ^^ what I wanted to know, Thanks Adam :)

8. Shane

Shane Guest

Keep in mind that if fishing becomes THAT much harder because of ship warfare/piracy, then that gives as an excuse to increase the rewards for fishing, right?

That is the mind set we work here, same with the justice valor point system Adam has done up. This point system will get alot of people hunting PK's, the key here is to get people anti-pking so perhaps we can lessen the harshness for pk stat etc. as well as add in a whole murderer point system that pk's can gain WHICH LATER both can be put into certain abilities in the future expansions.

Alot of changes made here is a base for future extentions of those changes and balance.

5 people like this.
  9. Nihilism

Nihilism Grandmaster

Aug 28, 2013
    Heheh as long as it's not the self res! lol
    I'm all for protecting at spawns for more scrolls. But pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee make the self-res last priority

10. Nihilism

Nihilism Grandmaster

Aug 28, 2013
    Ok. so it's all those 15k ones right?

11. besttherewas

besttherewas Grandmaster

Nov 23, 2013
    No way ill be spending 1m on a boat if I can lose it or have to pay 100 odd thousand if it gets sunk.

will prob buy a small boat with 1 cannon, murder the newbs on larger boats with evs since they're so overpowered, then grief them for 1 hour and commandeer their ship. Rage threads will subsequently provide laughter.

the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  12. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Yeah also a good way to destroy someone else's boat after you steal it.

Is the current bug that allows players to board a ship without the key going to be fixed?

13. Jairama

Jairama Apprentice

Dec 31, 2013
    expensive pixels! i like it. moves just like a classic. turns on a dime. where are the canons? or how do they work? no info on any accessories when i single click on various spots on the boat. now where's the user manual on this thing?

14. Nihilism

Nihilism Grandmaster

Aug 28, 2013
    Cannons were purchasable from the same NPC vendor you bought the boat from.
    Come in deed form, then you place on cannon tiles.

15. Dewderonomy

Dewderonomy Grandmaster

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    No delay on repair kits.

Edit: Also, after 15 minutes the ransom is still in my pack. Isn't it supposed to disappear? I was able to repair the ship with the ransom note still in hand.

16. Jairama

Jairama Apprentice

Dec 31, 2013
    Had a bug where i was trying to record packet video with razor started recording, then died, woke up naked w/o a robe in the middle of the ocean, no ship, no hair, no help menu. logged out, logged back in, everything back to normal. weird!

17. Brymc

Brymc Journeyman

Feb 5, 2013
    LAGGING AND CRASHING AWSOME!!!! WTH

18. Hanebu

Hanebu Master

Jun 30, 2013
    I think I bought an "old boat" yeaterday before the switch. I paid 60k for it. So I think this one is a normal one? Because I am a bit scared that it geta deleted after the weekend :D

19. Yoar

Yoar Adept

Feb 2, 2013
    Yeah that's an old boat, it won't get deleted.

All of the new boats cost 20k to 'rent'.

EDIT: They cost 15k in a cheap town :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  20. eppy

eppy Grandmaster

Sep 18, 2013
    This is not supported anymore according to Alan's video.