MotM The Hydra Introduction Event June 4th at 5PM EST

Staff

Young Player Help
I will be holding a monster bash for the Hydra tomorrow @ 5PM EST south of Wrong. The winner will receive the Hydra's title hue as well as a blaze version of the Hydra statue.

When: June 4th, 2014 5PM EST
Where: South of Wrong
1st Place Reward:

The Hydra

• The Hydra has 5 different breath attacks and one defense mechanic. All breath attacks are on a 5-10 second cooldown and each one does 50 damage:
    • Earth Breath: Paralyzes all caught within the blast radius for 10 seconds. Removes the water and fire breath debuff.
    • Fire Breath: Puts a damage over time debuff on affected targets. The dot ticks once every 2 seconds for 5 damage. This can be cleansed with the Hydra's stone or water breath attack or wears off after 60 seconds.
    • Water Breath: Puts the water debuff on you. The water debuff in itself does nothing. However, it is synergistic with the lightning breath attack.
    • Lighnting Breath: Instantly kills all players caught within its blast radius if they have the water debuff. Otherwise it deals 50 damage.
    • Acid Breath: Does 25 damage to all equipment worn be affected players.
    • Hydra Blood: When damage is dealt to the Hydra, there is a 5% chance it will spew forth 5 blood tiles. These blood tiles are poisonous and will apply a lesser poison debuff to all who stand in them. Furthermore, they will tick 1 damage per .1 second to anyone standing in them. After approximately 30 seconds, they will transform into a Blood of the Hydra.
    • Blood of the Hydra: Blood of the Hydra spawn with 100k HP but deal 1 damage. They will flee when attacked. To kill them, you must step on them. Stepping on a Blood of the Hydra kills it but also lethal poisons and does 25 damage to whoever stepped on it. Blood of the Hydra will constantly taunt all pets around it.
  • Hydra loot will be done through the PlayerScores system. The Hydra will award 3 power scrolls, an orange title hue and its statue. The statue will not be lootable (unlike the Sphinx statue).
  • We are going to be trying something different with this MotM. Instead of a hidden location, a gate will spawn to the Hydra's location when he spawns. This gate will be located in the guard tower to the west of West Britain Bank. It will stay open until the Hydra dies. THERE IS NO RETURN GATE. Town criers will announce the spawning of the gate.

In the words of King Henry the IV
cOZyBdf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

a guy

Journeyman
fuckkkinnnggg epic, great work!!!!!!!! I have never seen anything like this with that kind of mechanics this is why UOF is the best!

Kith kannen

Master
Let the bodies hit the floor..let the bodies hit the floor...let the bodies hit the FLOOOAAR!!!...shame I'll be working :( If someone could try and get decent video it would be much appreciated.

Magpie

Adept
Let the bodies hit the floor..let the bodies hit the floor...let the bodies hit the FLOOOAAR!!!...shame I'll be working :( If someone could try and get decent video it would be much appreciated.

Hopefully the stream will be up. I'm pretty sure the action cam will be focused on this fight the whole time with the amount of death going on.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Hopefully the stream will be up. I'm pretty sure the action cam will be focused on this fight the whole time with the amount of death going on.
Just set the action cam to follow the hydra would be awesome for those that can't make it.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
What is meant by blood of the hydra will taunt all pets? Would like to bring my pets here even though in expecting some boating. But if the blood will make them useless anyway I'm just not sure what is meant my taunt.

Bryce

Adept
What is meant by blood of the hydra will taunt all pets? Would like to bring my pets here even though in expecting some boating. But if the blood will make them useless anyway I'm just not sure what is meant my taunt.
It means you will have to micro manage.
A single "all kill -> yawn" won't suffice. You'll need to be dynamic.

Bryce

Adept
Nope! However, the more commands you use with pets/hirelings it never hurts to stay on top of loring them to check their contentment and if they need feeding.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I absolutely love the boss notes. The hydra also sounds like a really neat boss with nicely chosen skillsets that I think should make for a great battle!

Nice job on this, I can't wait to attend.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

Macunzo

Adept
Is DD aware of what you are doing with his game? One idea after the other, all this is pure Ole Spirit of UO!

Kith kannen

Master
I'd imagine the "taunt" means they will go after the blood and ignore the hydra...so you will need to take the hit and step on it (blood) so your pets will continue to fight the boss.