1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster of the MONTH

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    A meta without relics is useless. How you can even debate that is laughable. Non the less my original point stands. The people who don't want Relics to have a chance to drop from MoTM are the same people who are making a killing selling said relics. (only a small handful of people)

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Useless. Strange how so many people complain they are op in pvp where they are meta without relics and gimped stats.

3. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    No but your post is.

More like, the people who do want relics to have a chance to drop from MOTM are the same people who brag about the fact that they donated once and aren't doing it again until they get their way. The same people who want everything handed to them with minimal to no effort, coordination, and especially time on their part.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. besttherewas

besttherewas Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This was promised days ago and still not in?

No offence, but with previous dealings when staff quotes time frames they're almost always late or half do it (hi booty island)

Maybe when they say things like "Spring 2015" it should be "Spring 201X".

If a dead shard like uoforever can effectively implement such a system (with proper and awesome rewards) in a matter of a few hours from the idea (I know, I was there), then how the hell can't UOF?

Sorry for the wake up call, but something needed to bed said on behalf of the uof community - most are too afraid to speak out.

Also putting relics on is bad, there is next to nothing worth anything on this shard. Don't ruin these end game items.

Hopefully by November? the motm will be up with cloth, unique coloured statues, deco and possible masks/footwear like the dead uoforever. I just pray to lil baby jesus that the rewards aren't skimped on for the sake of donations.

2 people like this.
  5. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Barking up the wrong tree there bud. I have a tamer and don't have, and don't want a meta even if the prices drop. I'd much rather get and use a chromatic then a meta personally. Though most often I play my Meta Dexxer or Crafter anyways.

I think relic drops are a good thing, but I'm more excited for more pixels personally. The only change I want/care about would be a re haul to the Bod System.

No point in trying to argue this point with you anymore. No one here thinks you care about server health over your own bottom line except for your friends, and they know it too; they just won't comment on it.

6. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Putting relics on MOM means champs spawns are now void and worthless....

Christ I can't believe those crappy items they put on the champs as 'artifacts'. For gods sake to keep people interested put on rare coloured cloth and sandals etc!!! This needs to be on champs and MOM. Different hues of course. It's not hard!!! As someone said above - uoforever managed to implement this in a matter of hours.

6 people like this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    ZeRaX, Slangin, Signium Vorax, Venomancer, Kal Vaas Flam, KalVaasFlam, hehehe get werkt, Stiff Wood
    I agree, they did rare clothes and such for the christmas event, i dont see why they can't do it again :(

5 people like this.
  8. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I don't know... Maybe it effected the donation vendor purchases?

2 people like this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    ZeRaX, Slangin, Signium Vorax, Venomancer, Kal Vaas Flam, KalVaasFlam, hehehe get werkt, Stiff Wood
    There should be unique hues to the dono vendors, and unique hues to the mobs drop tables... Its not that hard

6 people like this.
  10. besttherewas

besttherewas Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I think Shane should use some of the dono coin income to get a tutor to teach him coding. This may result in more liked changes and thus more dono income?

Cause only adam can?

11. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oh this should be interesting.

12. CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    CAPTUN AUSTRALIA
    Is it up yet?

Weekend about to begin here and it was meant to be in on weds at the latest?

13. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Metas without relics are indeed useless. My DB does more damage (way more damage) than a lvl 6 meta without QS or molten.

A good DB will have way more hp than a lvl 6 meta (more than a lvl 7 actually), lethal poison on hit, better dex and it'll just lack the bunch of skill points a meta can get over 100 (which can't be retrained without spending a fuckton in scrolls btw).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    4 people like this.
  14. Alexdan

Alexdan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Hey,
    Any news about event??
    Is real active yet ? (because no see any restart)
    All Elder gazer or special one ? (Work also elder gazer in maps spawn?)

Thx

PS: I like added relic in drop because for new player is impossible buy it

3 people like this.
  15. mikeabd

mikeabd Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Sooooo @Shane any updates on this, before June is over hopefully?

16. Bill Bryson

Bill Bryson Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    I think people are over reacting about the motm dropping relics. Just because relics are listed as a drop, doesn't mean they are going to drop very often. The staff know what they are doing, and to be honest, the delay probably has a lot to do with them tweaking the numbers on drop rates, to ensure the event doesn't disrupt the economy, while also ensuring there is incentive to do it.

A staff member said that they assumed ~130K elder gazer was the max that could be spawned over the next month. Lets be VERY generous and assume they expect a max of 10 relics to drop for the event over the month. That puts the relic drop chance at ~0.007%. A drop % like this has no effect on champs and rda's. People are treating the relic drop chance as a major part of the Motm when it seems more like the jackpot in a slot machine.

Motm also creates a great deal of pvp opportunities, which it can only do if there is enough incentive there for the PvM'ers to think its worth doing. As much as people ask for the pixel rewards, nothing will get people out there participating in the event more then a chance for a relic. This incentive also has a great trickle down effect, where it helps to improve the Tmap market, and also provides more content for thieves.

Regardless of all the speculation, I think people should hold their full judgement till after we have had a month of the event. We have no clue how much/little the event will effect the economy, and until then we aren't doing ourselves any favors by taking hard line stances on either side or by constantly asking when it will be out, lol. :p

6 people like this.
  17. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    well maybe not many relics will drop since there are so few elder gazer spawns. But I imagine lots of relics dropping in the Dragon or Ratman months for example. At least, that's what I hope

18. Ariakan99

Ariakan99 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2014
    I would imagine that each month with have a separate drop rate depending on the MOB. Anything common that appears in champ spawns will likely have a reduced drop rate to balance out the amount that get killed vs others in the list.

19. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    TRAMMY NEEDS TO GET HIS PVM ON PLZ KTHX

20. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    I'm getting my datajack upgraded gonna need something to do on my down time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.