1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster of the MONTH

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Berries

Harry Berries Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Got 2 relics from elders today!!!

2. mikeabd

mikeabd Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Only 2? i have gone 10/10 with mine, all quicksilver too.

3. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Please don't make these drop relics...there are already multiple ways to get them.

As everyone else said, MOTM should drop cloth/wearables/statues. UOF needs some new shiny loot, not a devaluation of relics by creating another means to acquire them. As it is, they are one of the few items that have actually held value since they were introduced. Whereas other once (more) valuable items like powerscrolls, meta eggs, and stealable rares have consistently dropped in value.

Think of the economy.

@Subcomandante , correct me if I'm wrong with some economics major bombs plz.

5 people like this.
  4. Patrick Brennan

Patrick Brennan Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I'd say it'll help the Economy.

10 million for a Relic is ridiculous.

This way more new players joining will be motivated to make gold to buy relics if they are within a reasonable price range.

As it stands ~10 million is way to much for any new player or casual to even bother with. Only people bothering are the hardcore players.

Lower the price, more people will pay for them and get involved. I've been playing for about a year now and I laugh everytime I see items up for sale over 5 million.

2 people like this.
  5. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014

No relics are currently selling for 10m and haven't been for a while.

And it is VERY easy to make the gold to buy relics. I've been on this server for not even a year and I have acquired all the major relics and either sold them or bought out guildy shares and used them. Sorry, but I don't think people who play 5 minutes a day and farm some normal mob should have the same chance to get the high end loot that it takes others hours to complete (or have to wait for a gate/boss to spawn).

6. Patrick Brennan

Apr 26, 2014
    Whatever ridiculously high price they're currently at.

Call me crazy but you want more people to play and participate in the game, relics shouldn't cost as much as buying large houses on the shard or more.

But that's just me. The more obtainable a facet of the shard is, the more people will participate in it. The harder it is, the less people will participate. Gotta find a happy medium.

3 people like this.
  7. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Look at the evidence. Several of the first generation meta pet users that leveled to 7 with all the major relics have sold their pets since then, annoyed by the tedium of skillscrolling their pets back after they die, tired of getting PKed, interested in other gameplay aspects, or simply bored because they achieved their goals as legendary tamers.

The truth is, the more relics are out there, the worse off the server is. MMOs need a grind, they need goals that are hard to obtain. If you make things too accessible, people will get bored. And that's the last thing a server wants, especially during a time like now (summer) when the population is already lower than it is during fall/winter.

Just because someone makes a character on the server and logs in from time to time, does not mean he/she deserves the same opportunities at relics as people who put forth the effort and coordination needed to acquire them through the current gameplay mechanics (champs/rdas/archdemon). It's this entitlement and "everyone deserves a prize" attitude that can ruin server economies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    7 people like this.
  8. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    Rethink the term "end game". The ones who don't have it nor seek it will abuse it.

9. Patrick Brennan

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm already bored because the end game is to much for a casual like me.

I used to play every day for the past year but I don't wanna grind RDA's, Champ Spawns or monsters to get obscene amounts of gold. Now I hardly ever log on and just participate on the forums most of the time.

I get where you're coming from, I'm just coming from a different place.

End game is nice but you need end game for non-hardcore players which usually make up the majority of your player base.

10. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Right, which MOTM is clearly a great opportunity to achieve this for casual players. All I'm saying is just don't put relics on the loot table. Don't have the time or too lazy to take it? Tough titty said the kitty. Get some other shinies from MOTM (cloth/wearables/statues) and make your money off that. Just leave relics out of the picture.

11. Patrick Brennan

Apr 26, 2014
    Gotcha, tough titty said the kitty.

So people like me who used to donate to the shard and log on everyday will just stop logging on and playing.

Great solution :)

I don't even want to participate in the relic system. I want more crafting and Conquest related content.

12. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    This is the entitlement I'm worried about.

#pray4uof

2 people like this.
  13. Patrick Brennan

Apr 26, 2014
    Bruh it's a game from the 1990's.

It's not entitlement, it's about updating the game content and making so people with all different types of schedules can play and enjoy.

And quote my whole comment. Already said I don't want to participate in the Relic System so entitlement doesn't play into my opinion since I could care less about Relics.

I've personally had my brother and 2 friends quit playing because they got bored and didn't want to grind away at RDA's and Champ Spawns all day long in order to get access to the new content. That's 3 players who played for almost half a year straight, gone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  14. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Can you name me one person who bought an egg. Leveled it to 7 and never got a relic? The cost of entry is cheap eggs are cheap. You make gold while leveling. Gold gets spent to make meta better and make more gold. Seems like a pretty good system to me.

Cost of entry is now very reasonable and you can even get a relic for 400k. You don't have to and shouldn't expect to be handed the best relic. Anyone who wants to explore the meta content can do so at a very reasonable price and then if they enjoy it can continue to pursue it.

Leveling a pet brings in a ton of gold and relics are a good way of sending that gold out into the market.

2 people like this.
  15. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    As it stands now it's the same 3-4 people selling these retardly high costing relics and that's it. Most of the Legendary tamers didn't sell their metas because they were bored, or because of the skill scroll issue but because many things happened that they disagreed with, on top of level 7 meta's plain out just not listening. Anyone who plays this server even semi casual knows the reason @Guwap is against relics dropping is because it effects HIS bottom line, not the servers.

Having a new means for relics to drop isn't a bad thing and will increase people out farming,PvP and thieves as these mobs spawn in limited areas.

2 people like this.
  16. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Yay a gold relic which DOESN'T increase kill efficiency and overall is a shit relic. GTFO.

17. TheFallen

Sep 29, 2013
    Way to try to focus on one line and ignore the rest. Try harder.

18. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Nothing about the pricing is reasonable.

Egg Price 500k-1mil Ok decent enough I'll give you that.

3mil for the stone? So glad Meta dexxers don't have to worry about that.

Any good relic? 7mil+ No thanks.

yes I focused on the dumbest part of your statement because it ruined any point you might of had.

19. TheFallen

Sep 29, 2013
    Stone is not required until you want to add a relic. Relics have all (including qs) sold for <7m in the last month. Bloody has gone for 3. So ya it ain't cheap but it can be funded directly from the funds acquired through training your meta.

Relics are all bonus. Spend 500k work the xp and have a pet stronger than a perfect stat Dragon for 500k. Sounds like a great deal.

2 people like this.
  20. Guwap

Guwap Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Nah, let's not be dramatic. There are plenty more than 3-4. You just see more from a select few because they're in the guilds dedicated to running that type of content. Those people are typically selling items for their entire guild to split the profits with them.

The drop rate of relics does not affect me. I already have all the relics I want and haven't done an RDA in weeks, nor do I plan on doing an RDA anytime soon. I log on one or two times a week to do dungeon pk with friends. My interest is in the health of the server's economy and that alone.

Having new loot to drop (cloth/wearables/statues) does the exact same thing, except it doesn't create a redundancy in loot tables and wreck the already fragile economy.

And why would you ever pay 3m for a stone when you can get the dono equivalent for several hundred K cheaper?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.