1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster of the MONTH

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Hey guys,
    We are looking for idea's on what extreme mob bosses we can add for EACH MONTH.
    Please post your input, keep it on topic.
    This will be a monster that changes spawn type every month, in a different location and spawns every 24 hours.

EXAMPLE:

MOB TYPE : TITAN
    MOB ABILITY: FIRES LIGHTNING ALL AROUND EVERY 260 SECONDS.
    SPAWNS: NEAR SHAME DUNGEON ENTRANCE.
    STORY: (OPTIONAL ROLE PLAY STORY OF WHY/HOW THE CREATURE WAS THERE)
    MONTH TO SPAWN: SEPTEMBER
    RARE ITEM TO DROP: (ITEM HERE)

5 people like this.
  2. VeryCoolCat

VeryCoolCat Well-Known Member

May 17, 2015
    Why not something like the dungeon altars except for the monster of the month. Having random mob bosses spawn where the mobs would normally spawn would cause that area to become a pvp hotspot... and well frankly... shame is where most the lower/weaker/newer players go. Instead it'll be constantly involving the PK of newer weak players.

As for rewards. Why not have them drop a bunch of heavy (250 stone) locked trapped (can't be traded so readily) chests. So even if you grab one... theres no guarantee that was the right one. It'll also test the trust between guild members.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    More things for me to think of

2 people like this.
  4. RAVE GL

RAVE GL Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2015
    RAVE GL, RAVE MDK, Letheo, Shakes the Clown,
    MOB TYPE : Lord Brtish/Blackthorne
    MOB ABILITY: Calls for backup/troops/mercs
    SPAWNS: Britain, in respective castle areas
    STORY: already exists
    MONTH TO SPAWN: original launch date-month- of the original game
    RARE ITEM TO DROP: x2 damage to murderer buff deed that lasts 24 hours

yea, its not exactly what you're asking for but.. it would be cool to see some of that and give the true blues an edge considering server is upside down on reds. bloody dungeons are empty!

2 people like this.
  5. Steele'Dish

Steele'Dish Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014

The Ghost of Lord British??

4 people like this.
  6. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I think the dungeon altars are way cooler then motm , hythloth boss was a little hard for most people, or there woulda been more action there , i would really like to see the dungeon altars completed!

but motm is awesome! hopefully we get this going!

5 people like this.
  7. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I think they are looking at having a sort of placeholder for the ideas that will be implemented as a result of this thread which you are well aware of http://www.uoforum.com/threads/take-part-in-creating-the-new-dungeon-bosses.57200/

So MotM ideas for now and bosses for dungeons later...eventually resulting in both existing at the same time? Is this what we are looking at @Shane?

8. Embarrassment

Embarrassment Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I like the dungeon boss ideas... those should be finished up instead.

9 people like this.
  9. Cack

Cack Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014
    Cack, Commando(dfi), Tolaok Nor(dfi), super obese man, order sixty six
    One I loved from dfi was the ophidian spirit in the tera keep...ethereal hue boss susceptible to dexxers but with lots of ophidians around. It dropped a statue which was cool because there really were no other ophidian statues or at least not mainstream.

10. Belge

Belge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I like the idea of having certain mobs for a month, corrupted... It always is a fun excuse to go farm!

4 people like this.
  11. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    MOM was epic when they existed.

The dungeon altars are a bit of a fail. Poor rare drops too

2 people like this.
  12. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    MOB TYPE :
    Chafblum - The corrupted Savage Wrestler
    MOB ABILITY: Stun Punches, Dismounts, Entagle, Powerful Punches, Spear throw (mostly used to hit targets in visible range, but unable to physically get to), Disarm (Disarms carried weapon of target to the ground. Hunting skills (increased damage against tamed creatures), Summons 2 Savage Wisps to heal him or
    SPAWNS: Random locations on the main map
    STORY: Past History
    MONTH TO SPAWN: August
    RARE ITEM TO DROP: Special Hue Tribal Mask, Chafblum's Spear (Supremely Accurate, Power, Random Slayer Mod), Chafblums Loin Cloth +1 AR. Upon death drops a level 7 Treasure Chest to unlock and open next to his corpse.

3 people like this.
  13. Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    The Kraken

MOB TYPE : Kraken
    MOB ABILITY: Attacks the ships Tillerman doing damage that if not repaired sinks the vessel, and the ability to snare fleeing ships.
    SPAWNS: Open water preferably near fishing activity. Should not be able to be lured into shallow water.
    STORY: (I'll just put Tennyson's poem here)

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
    Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
    His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
    The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
    About his shadowy sides; above him swell
    Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
    And far away into the sickly light,
    From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
    Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
    Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
    There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
    Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
    Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
    Then once by man and angels to be seen,
    In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

MONTH TO SPAWN: Any

RARE ITEM TO DROP: Rare colored booty chest. Very, very small chance at a rare colored galleon (max one for the month). Other cool fishing items.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    10 people like this.
  14. CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    CAPTUN AUSTRALIA
    Honestly, IMO, having a MOTM for a specific current mob is the best option.

This gives all players (casual/power gamer) the chance to participate and gives the shot for a rare item along with players of all time zones. As in, it isn't specific for any one player. It'll also generate massive interest in certain areas, creating player interaction, pvp, thievery and lot's of whining to be moderated on the forums. Having a boss (like we do now), only gives limited players a limited time frame to participate, and doesn't cater to most gamers.

Having a titan month for example, where the titan can drop anything from a yard of cloth to a mask/foot wear is a really cool idea, could even have a mega rare of the statue of that mob hued the specific yard hue.

It doesn't always have to be yards though, could consist of deco, hair dye (as mentioned earlier) to even a god damned ethy once a year on the MOTM that is 1/1000. You could even have lesser shit spawn like armour dye, or stuff that puts an emblem on your bit of AR (guild tags, or in my case - homo shit lol) - with the custom patcher, i assume this is possible?

As also previously mentioned by myself, these MOTM could also drop hit lightning, feeblemind, dragons breath etc weapons. THIS in turn could also help dexers in the obviously lacking damage department, BUT still gives risk, given these weapons are limited, charged based and rare....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    17 people like this.
  15. Belge

Belge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    This 100%!!

9 people like this.
  16. Kazinon

Kazinon Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Fix meta pets first.. Then worry about creating more things to go wrong :)

Control issue has been a problem since day 1!

17. Grizard

Grizard Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Grizard
    Is it possible also to have some random item that pops up in certain level chests once per month ?

This would share the love of getting achest from a paragon then having a super rare item chance within the chest.

4 people like this.
  18. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    you cant say poor rare drops when lots of them the server hasnt seen yet? i mean what does hythloth boss drop can you tell me?

i have only seen one thing out of ordinary drop from hyth boss so far!

3 people like this.
  19. Ariakan99

Ariakan99 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Agreed. Everyone gets a chance regardless of timezone or amount spent playing. As a European I often log in to find the boss altars need 6 hours to be activated and it is too quiet to get many to a champ spawn. Adding these event type spawns to existing spawns and maybe even adding a few to newer areas would be great IMO.

4 people like this.
  20. Thryn

Thryn Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Hero By Choice
    THIS is what the Monster of the Month should look like. Not a randomly spawning, only appears at certain times unicorn, but a theme. All titans for the month of July will have a chance of dropping these items, or have increased gold, or whatever. Make the drop rates really high, since everyone will be farming these monsters. It'll also create hotbeds of activity at the differing spawns for these mobs. Imagine a Lich month - all graveyards that have a Lich, dungeon Lich spawns, and overworld Lich spawns will be utilized in ways they most likely were not previously (Liches are a bad example since they're currently farmed on the regular, but it helps understand the concept of multiple spawns with the same monster being used).

Use the unique powered bosses for the dungeon altars. Make the Monster of the Month something that everyone can kill at their leisure. Water Elemental month, Phoenix month, Orc Bomber month, whatever. It'll get people into areas they might not normally go and create an environment that fosters interaction between all types of playstyles. Guilds will go farm the MotM in numbers to protect against PKs, PKs will attempt to take the loot from those guilds, and thieves will be waiting for the easy pickings. People will try to find spawns that are less-traveled.

The key is everyone will be able to participate. Everyone.

12 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.