1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Contracts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by eppy, Mar 21, 2018.

1. halv

halv Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    I'm just shocked... 350 contracts and just 6 rewards? wtf... that's like the chance for a slayer in the BCA with 120 Crafting skill.
    Okay, i think i stop doing that other Revenant Lion contract. I need 105-120 Fletching... that's the only reason for me.

Another issue is the party thing. Two peeps in a party must move the contract back and fourth. I like our meta mage and Zerker combo... but everytime we slay a mob, the contract must be moved from one char to another. That's really an issue for teamplayer.

2. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I agree halv - it really should consider looting rights as the rights to the contract - that way parties wouldn't be affected, and people who leave mobs behind, or still the 1 of 4 blood vortex spawn kills, don't affect you trying to do a contract :)

halv likes this.
  3. halv

halv Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    I did three contracts now. First 100 Revenant Lions got me some gold. The second contract asked for 105 Revenant Lions again - i got a flag of domination. Third contract asked for 120 RaiJu and got me gold again. I still have a 95 Blood Vortex one, i think i can't fill, because there are only three spawns i know about. 50 Gilbarta i can do with more time, because there is only one Gilbarta.

I think that flag of domination was kind of luck but very motivating.I start to like that contracts.

4. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I got a flag of domination myself recently, so in theory I've been lucky with 3 prizes in about 75 contracts... but overall still trending around 2% in our guild..

@halv There are 4 blood vortex spawns, 2 in Shame 5 - both by greater blood elementals, also 2 in Ankh 1 - 1 is by the shadow wyrm/3 betrayers, the room across from it, the other is at the north end of the dungeon.

halv and Bromista like this.
  5. halv

halv Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    I seriously start to love that monster contracts. We did 13 deeds so far. Some are pretty easy like Ice Fiends, Reaper, Crystal Elementals or Rai Ju... others like Bone Daemon or that big spider are impossible to do for us.

We filled two undead rats contracts too. It's possible, but it's a pain in the ass. We actually used our Defenser for that undead rat.

What did we get for 13 contracts? A flag of domination, a charakter statue maker and a 105 Fletching PS.
    I don't know if it's just luck, but we are happy.

But we ask for diversity. What about Ancient or Shadow Wyrms? That monster will drop scales, leather and reags and are very welcome for a monster contract. Balrons? Daemons? I would love it. Or like like already said, bring in low tier mobs in high amounts.

6. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I think the idea with with monster selection was mainly to get ppl farming lesser farmed stuff, I wouldn't expect to see common stuff with an already decent loot table.

Skele drags and defiled bloods are seemingly the only things on the list that have good drops already built in, but there aren't many spawns for either and they are generally located in relatively unfriendly places.

7. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    Ice Fiends, Pyroclasts, Blood Vortex - 3 of my favorite, very very profitable contracts....

8. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah decent gold per kill but nothing too juicy.

Oh vamps are pretty good.

To be honest I'm surprised any MotM made the list at all.

9. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Soon here we will add more onto the Monster Contract system. It's pretty straight forward and has worked well, but it will definitely be something we are going to update/upgrade.

10. Skrypt

Skrypt Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Skrypt, Skrypter, Skryption
    @Shane I started a small proof of concept of a progression tree system for expanding Monster Contracts out, has icons of MOB types/statues/rewards/etc to make things simple.

Not done yet, but... curious if the UOF team already has a set in stone roadmap/plan for expanding the Monster Contract system out. If it's still in the idea phase, I could finish it up a bit sooner and post it up here.