1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Contracts

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by eppy, Mar 21, 2018.

1. KrojinKin

KrojinKin Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I like all these idea's but with this developmental team, we may see some of this in 5 years. If they ever complete it, they do the least they can on everything they implement. Than if theirs any real problems they tweak it until it is somewhat satisfactory.

2. Skrypt

Skrypt Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Skrypt, Skrypter, Skryption
    @eppy @Shane
    Please Consider Redesign.

#1) The MOB Statue consumed needs to give contracts for that same MOB type.
    ... with a chance to upgrade and/or progress.
    ... and Harder Contracts get Better Rewards.

Nasak likes this.
  3. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    Another 561 gold, for 140 Undead Knights.. I mean having to do the contract in a PvP dungeon was fun, with a ton of PK action there tonight. But 561 gold... it kind of makes you not want to do the contract. I get that it's a lottery based system, and you can win big, but I'm just not feeling the low end reward.. make it something unique, not a piddly amount of gold, and I'm going to keep at these crappy contracts...

4. Xiulan

Xiulan Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2016
    I finished my first and only contract the other day, 100 abnormal dread spiders. I predicted that I would get 400 gold for it, but I was wrong... I got 440 gold. :eek: Never again! It was pretty fun though.

5. Mordoc

Mordoc Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2014
    have failed to finish 2 contracts (100 skele drags & 300 werewolves) dont have an interest in doing anymore if its just going to be a crappy amount of gold as reward

6. Swango

Swango Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Swango
    Change the gold reward to a bag of 20 each reg. Then players will understand that they got the booby prize. With gold they just feel short changed.

7. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    with 20 of each reg, it's just as much an insult to the time you put into these.. I would be just as offended.

8. Swango

Swango Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Swango
    I must say that I agree. There should be no booby prize.

9. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    People want to be rewarded for the time they put in, not total RNG to see if you get rewarded or not. The reward doesn't have to be substantial, just something to reward you for your efforts, or there won't be anyone bothering - which I believe is starting to happen with Monster Contracts - just from word of mouth, however, complainers complain the loudest, and only @eppy has the actual numbers to back that up. I'd be interested in seeing the drop off after two weeks, knowing full well that the initial two weeks really is a trying out period, and will always spike.

Personally I'd have loved to see some new BOD cloth, 3-4 different colors, you get 1 piece of cloth for finishing a contract, which would make them collectable / tradeable for those who didn't want to do the contracts, but wanted the cloth. This would create an item that would help bump the economy as people scurry to be the first in the new threads, and eventually they would settle down to something reasonable in the range of 10-30k per piece of cloth. But at the very least would create a system that people work towards an actual reward, if they were looking to make a certain color of clothing to wear. I could also get behind a system similar to the obsidian busts, where you get shards as your "booby prize", you collect up 10 of them, combine them to get an item (1 of 20), that then becomes collectable, tradeable, an economy boost.

If people were working towards something, even though the reward is virtually worthless, it'd feel a lot better than the slap in the face, giving me 1k gold is as a reward for spending 5-6 hours of my time. I like the idea of a lucky bonus reward, but i don't think it balances the time and effort players put into these contracts, especially when the contracts themselves are geared at meta players, who have farming patterns, and can make a lot more gold per hour, than what some of these rewards would grant them. (which is why many are quitting the contracts already)

Thinkman, Bobby123 and lollo like this.
  10. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    I love the idea of 3-5 new cloth colors. Just drop a single yard as a "low tier" guaranteed reward.

People are trashing a statue and investing 6-10 hours of their time (i can make 1.5 mil easy in 10 hours) to get less than 1k gold, that's ridiculous.

I have tons of statues ready to be converted into contracts as soon as this gets fixed, in it's current state i'm not gonna bother

11. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    There should be some more consumable-type rewards... rare hair dye or something... anything. I'm 13/13 on gold reward so far and working on #14 now.

Sadistik, baseball dad and Bobby123 like this.
  12. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Did the common statue drop rate get adjusted for this? If not, probably should.

13. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    402 gold for contract #14 >_<.

mass, baseball dad and lollo like this.
  14. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Damn! If you spent the time it took you to finish 14 contracts doing champs or motm you would have probably earned 10m+ By now. Instead you got 10k lol

15. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Yep... I just wanna get 1 non-gold drop so I can stop...

baseball dad, AreYouKidden and lollo like this.
  16. Zog'orium

Zog'orium Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Zog
    I'm ok with it as present ... other than the timer. I think it should be either removed or doubled at a minimum. People have lives. I think that the gold/ss's/vanq/t-maps collected from the spawn just doing the contracts is more than sufficient for the guaranteed bounty. It's the random chance at that high end reward that has people completing these contracts.

If people wish for more rewards or a larger variety I would be cool with that as well. I think it would be neat to have some player or account bound random rewards as well. Things like a unique title or a random hue maybe.

Thinkman likes this.
  17. Swango

Swango Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Swango
    From #patch-notes on http://discord.uoforever.com: [12:04 PM] eppy: Adjusted loot chances for monster contracts, increased powerscroll chance and increased gold drop

Thinkman and lollo like this.
  18. Kenny Etheredge

Kenny Etheredge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2018
    This is how my UO is currently acting. At first those are the options I have selected in Razor.
    razor.PNG
    From there I type in my account name and password and it gets stuck on connecting for about a minute..
    connecting.PNG
    After about a minute or so I get this couldn't connect screen.. I just started the server and have really liked it so far. This is the only shard I am not able to connect too.. Please help
    couldnt connect.PNG

19. Mystical Master

Mystical Master Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    NEW PLAYER
    My open minded comment was good, I like the new change.

20. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    183 undead knights, reward check of 17k gold. bummer, would not recommend consider the shitload of time it takes