midi music played in game by bards?

Purple Reign

Neophyte
So, twice now during the few months that I occasionally play I've heard midi music while at the bank that wasn't any of the typical in game music. Once I heard the guitar solo from Daft Punk's "Aerodynamic" being played somewhat clumsily on a lute, and just now I heard someone plucking random individual notes and even played a 1 octave major scale. Does anyone know how this is accomplished? I have a bard character, and I'm a musician IRL and would love to be able to get more than that one melody we're all familiar with.

if you are at brit... people are also playing with the piano via the music sheet attached to the top. its quite nifty how large a song you can play :p and I am pretty sure there is a link somewhere where they released how to play cords / songs in a post somewhere... not to sure where it is. but it may have to deal with the music sheet itself.

Sir.

Grandmaster
Interesting... I recall (on a different shard, maybe even live long ago?) an item that you could have in your inventory that let you play very simple and basic notes. Seemed like a really cool idea but could have had more to it I think, but I haven't seen it in yeeeaaaaars and couldn't tell ya what it was; whether a rare instrument or a reward or a dono item or what.... but it was cool. I didn't know about the piano sheet music though; that's cool!

Purple Reign

Neophyte
Thanks for the replies, guys. Sorry it took a few days to say so lol. It looks like there was a piano up there at one point, but it was removed a couple years ago. Still not sure how people play individual notes from an instrument though...

they just removed the piano two days ago :) because people were scripting playing 1 note all day after they found out it had an active use to it lol ;p and I found out you can obtain a sheet music and link it to a musical instrument.

Purple Reign

Neophyte
they just removed the piano two days ago :) because people were scripting playing 1 note all day after they found out it had an active use to it lol ;p and I found out you can obtain a sheet music and link it to a musical instrument.

Oh no way! After seeing your first reply I read an old thread from 3 years ago about the piano being removed. I guess they put it back and removed it again lol. Maybe that's what I was hearing all along. You have a source for info on the sheet music? I haven't googled too thoroughly, but an initial search isn't turning up much.