Meta Dexxer Template Questions

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Close to getting the talisman and was thinking about dropping archery for meditation and go berserker, or for parry and get defense. Right now my template is tactics, mace, archery, heal, anatomy, resist, magery. Should I keep this build and go berserk or drop archery fo med and wear leather? Or would dropping archery for parry and going defense be better? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoobler

Grandmaster
All your play style man. Pick the attributes of the talisman that sound the funnest to you. I don't know that dropping archery just to go berserk is necessary though...however I would drop macing for swords or fencing while gaining xp. Faster swings with a slayer=faster kills and more gains.

Regardless...it is a long road ahead but honestly my berserker is the ONLY char I play now. Very versatile and fun.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
If you're going for the defense talisman, yeah you'll probably want parry because you gain XP faster the more AR you have, and shields give HUGE AR bonuses.

Berserker is what most people have and in my opinion is better because faster kills = faster farming = more gold per hour. Your XP amount gained is based off several factors, one of them being the damage dealt, so more swings doesn't necessarily equal more XP because you're doing less damage. Another factor XP gains are based off for the berserker talisman is the amount of armor you're wearing. If you want the fastest gains (and you will if you go this route, because even with 0 armor it takes excruciatingly long to level) you want to wear as little armor as possible, which can leave you succeptible to dexer pks or just make it harder to kill strong monsters who do high melee damage.

But once it's leveled you can wear all the armor you want with no penalty and still do awesome damage, granted it takes forever to level.

Personally I don't see a reason to have two weapon skills. I would drop archery and get meditation. If you do that, it's actually the same exact template as my berserker dexer. It's quite versatile, effective, and fun.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I believe you would want to drop archery for berserker gains. I think berserker gains are based upon how close you are to the mob. It takes a long time to level up a talisman, much longer than GM'ing archery.

If you are going defense talisman, then parrying is a must. You can drop parrying later but defense talisman gains receive a penalty if you are under 100 AC.

I'm going to drop this link for you: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/the-meta-dexxers-lounge-and-beard-bar.61927/

A lot of us meta-dexers have contributed to that post. It will probably answer some of your questions as well as things you haven't thought to ask yet. When you start working on your talisman contribute your thoughts to the post.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Thanks alot of the responses. I did check that post out Tard including your replies. Very nice and helpful. I guess the question with dropping archery for med as berserker was for me using archery for champs so I can do some damage while alot of people stand between me and monsters and the boss. But I am leaning towards dropping archery for med as I like the utility of magery and med will help with that. Thanks for the input again guys.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Hey had another question. Was told that I can get the demon blood even if dead if I do the damage. is this true?

Is this true^

Also looking into doing a Meta dexxer.

Trying to figure out what the best template is for late game content on the dexxer front.

Don't have the time to roll a tamer and want an effective PVM character to get in on the phat lewtz

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Is this true^

Also looking into doing a Meta dexxer.

Trying to figure out what the best template is for late game content on the dexxer front.

Don't have the time to roll a tamer and want an effective PVM character to get in on the phat lewtz

Ohh man this is a old post hehe. No, it doesn't seem to be true. Afaik, you have to be alive when the arch demon dies for you to get the blood. For template, depends on what kind of tali you want. For the berzerker, I went with GM tactics, weapon skill, anatomy, heal, arms lore, resist, and 80 magery, 40 med. I got my total skill cap to 720 to have this build. For my defense tali, I went with tactics, weapon skill, anatomy, healing, resist, parry, arms lore, and 20 magery. Some like hiding, some don't like arms lore and go with GM magery and med. It all depends on what your playstyle is.

Biff

Novice
All your play style man. Pick the attributes of the talisman that sound the funnest to you. I don't know that dropping archery just to go berserk is necessary though...however I would drop macing for swords or fencing while gaining xp. Faster swings with a slayer=faster kills and more gains.

Regardless...it is a long road ahead but honestly my berserker is the ONLY char I play now. Very versatile and fun.

This is an old post but what template is this? If someone says something is fun, i want in!

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I play a LJ zerker. Tally is maxed (besides infected) the swings are intense. The dmg output is high enough to take down strong mobs. Issue is the defence is just like any other normal dexxer so it's a deadly game to play! That's what makes it enjoyable to me.