Mega Suggestion Thread

Kilike

Grandmaster
In this thread is a list of suggestions I've either
found on the forums that make sense, or ones I've thought of while tossing and turning to fall asleep.
These include: Crafting/Bods, Meta pet/Dexxers,Rda's,Booty Island,Events and Misc/Fixs.

Crafting/Bods

Bod Cloth rewards Revamped:

Some colors taken off of the current list, with new colors added. These colors will make a comeback eventually and we can cycle these
every few months or so.

Retrieving a BoD

Quality of life update here. Npcs now acknowledge your skills as a Grandmaster/+
crafter and rather than need to see your wares before issuing an order now know
you're a skilled crafter and will offer a BoD upon asking about Bod Info.

Staining from Stygian Abyss

Using the Staining sytem for metal armor using the basic colors and maybe
special. Either making these stains or having them part of new BoD rewards
that would actually be useful.
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/crafter-addition-staining-from-stygian-abyss-expansion.62004/

Soul Forge

I'd like to see a change to the Soul Forge as currently it's very underwhelming. I suggest making it the Meta equivalent for crafters. I feel the Brit crafting area while in theory is a good idea, in execution not as much. I think if we could find a good way to make the Soul Forge a "meta like" object. We could at it's max level give you inside a home the Brit crafting area bonus. Those who are new still have the Brit Crafting Guild to help them, and also those who just don't play crafter's as dedicated as others still have it, BUT with the risk of being herded to that area and dealing with pk's/ thieves. For those of us who would Max it we now can enjoy that bonus but safely. IMO This would Bring more crafter's together so long as any crafter using the max Soul Forge receives this bonus as well rather than being bound to one person.

So how do we implement this? Here's my idea:

The Soul Forge already has a quest line so it fits perfectly without changes into a Meta like state.
From there to level a Soul Forge up(like a Meta does) We could do a few things.

1. The weaker option:
The more you craft at it, the more exp it earns. (weak because this can be so easily macro'd)

2. The better option and the one I think we should add.
Feeding the Soul Forge Items. Items can range from anything craft related.
IE: Resources (including shards from RDA'S), Anything crafted, Trade skill SS's, Bods, and Crafting rewards.

Now obviously with Option 2 Higher end Items would give more points than Lower tier.
IE:
An iron wep bod wouldn't be worth anywhere near say a Val Plate Bod.
Tier 5 cloth would be worth more than tier 1-4
Crafted Plate Val more than Iron
Etc

With Mined shards from RDA'S giving some of the highest points possible as it requires 120mining, AND hunting and doing an RDA. (Not saying these should be worth the most, but honestly I feel they should be pretty far up there.)

Also Add more craft ables!!!

Meta Pets/Talis

Meta Pets

At level 7 make pets listen to commands. No brainer here. Stop wasting peoples
time and money invested in leveling these things only to listen as well as a
new born. With this change add a measure so that pet's can not "All kill" on any player(or maybe innocent players), and
All guard only attacks players who flagged the tamer.

Meta Tali

Spawned from: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/idea-for-new-meta-dexxer-relic.61928/

Berserker Tali Default bonus at level 5 and 10 gives a passive for 10 seconds that
raises dex and str for 15 seconds while lowering mana for the same amount of time,
At level 10 Boost is doubled
OR
Level 5 and 10 bonus that as your health lowers your damage is increased by X amount. Level 10
increasing the boost of dmg significantly as your health lowers from 100.

Mage Tali Default bonus at Level 5 and 10 Gives a Passive 10Mana Regen for 15 seconds At level 10 is double.
OR Raise int by 15 for 10seconds , then double at level 10?

Defensive Tali
Level 5 and 10 passive bonus that Raises Str or Parry by 10Str or 20 parry for 15 seconds Doubled at level 10
OR
At 35% health your defense is increased dramatically and your health regen is raised by 15 for 10 seconds

Misc/Fixs

Make all Meta relics and Passive bonuses listed above show in the Buff/debuff tab. Showing when skill will be ready for use.

Swamp Dragons and Swamp Dragon crafted armor.

RDA'S

Like the guy in Brit for Whirlpools, Add an NPC that will say when Rda's are up, Not how many and where. Just that they are up.

Besides mining nodes, maybe we can add hemp colors(old unique Bod cloth reward colors, More added as cloth is removed from current bod system when new cloth is added)
for tailoring(requires 120 tailor) and the Stain materials(perhaps the Rare colors from the Naturalist quest we don't have to be collected for the Stain suggestion above.
(requires 120 alchy or Cooking)
Add these two power scrolls, effects Like lumberjack do not effect anything above gm, just allows you to gather these materials inside rda's and maybe champs or events?
Change the Faction RDA. Make it a 4th Gate that ONLY the controlling faction can enter. Thus making a fight for the sigil worth while, and giving more players a reason to be in a faction.

Booty Island

Remove the ability to cast EV's, and release the content finally.

Events

Like CTF let's bring back King of the Hill More often (or make it a choice selectable upon filling the well). I think there was another pvp event but I don't remember as I've
only seen king of the Hill once and maybe one more? If there was one? Also more events like zombie land (I haven't seen that either),

Also more invasions. Maybe make a system so
that if a faction of mobs (let's say undead) are killed enough by players an invasion by those mobs are then unleashed on a town to get revenge on us. (Set a total number to be killed, and when it's reach it instantly spawns.) This would be especially cool when in the rare occasion that two factions (say Undead and orc) are killed around the same time
and we get a double invasion (Set a measure in the system so that if an invasion is currently going it spawns any invasion triggered into the same town). This could lead to a massive event after all factions have invaded and failed to kill the heroes of Sosaria, they team up and invade together. (Creating a new Zombieland like event)
If we get a Zombieland event soon(just so I can personally see if it's like what I expect the massive end invasion to be like),
and people like this idea. I'd gladly write up lore, or the event in general, and work with staff for rewards etc, anything to make it happen.

That's All I've got for now. Will edit if more come to mind, or I see something new in suggestions and this thread takes off.
If you like an idea, quote it, and like the thread. If someone else already quoted it, like it. Let's see and show the staff which ideas we really want. If you guys don't like them well I tried, let's see how this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talis:
I really like the bit with the Talis. Especially when health is lowered, more damage or health/mana regen. it isnt a fast process to level those badboys. Also it doesn't seem like it would interfere with the PvP mechanics as beefing up the Stats might would.

BOD:

This would be amazing to happen. It is a big pain in the butt selling to the vendors. Sometimes i will sell 5 bows and 5 skullcaps, when other times i will burn through almost 1000 wood making bows and selling them just to get a BOD to make 10 daggers... What is the point of this? To burn resources and frustrate hardcore crafters?

Soulforge:

It is really sad to see what is needed to make one, and the effort needed to do it as well to get some really cheesy recipes from it. It would be nice to get the Bonus you would from the brit crafting area, but maybe not the slayers so that way theives wont go into an uproar. Plus the idea of leveling one is pretty fun. Needing to be a certain level forge to be able to create certain recipes (I WANT CATAPULTS WE CAN LOCK DOWN AT THE HOUSE! HOME PVP!)

Kilike

Grandmaster
Talis:
I really like the bit with the Talis. Especially when health is lowered, more damage or health/mana regen. it isnt a fast process to level those badboys. Also it doesn't seem like it would interfere with the PvP mechanics as beefing up the Stats might would.

BOD:

This would be amazing to happen. It is a big pain in the butt selling to the vendors. Sometimes i will sell 5 bows and 5 skullcaps, when other times i will burn through almost 1000 wood making bows and selling them just to get a BOD to make 10 daggers... What is the point of this? To burn resources and frustrate hardcore crafters?

Soulforge:

It is really sad to see what is needed to make one, and the effort needed to do it as well to get some really cheesy recipes from it. It would be nice to get the Bonus you would from the brit crafting area, but maybe not the slayers so that way theives wont go into an uproar. Plus the idea of leveling one is pretty fun. Needing to be a certain level forge to be able to create certain recipes (I WANT CATAPULTS WE CAN LOCK DOWN AT THE HOUSE! HOME PVP!)
True I should of mentioned somewhere too that somehow it should be coded so the added bonus doesn't work in pvp. Not sure how that would be done, but obviously as I don't want meta pets involved in pvp, Meta talis shouldn't either, and currently aren't.

Agreed with bods This is a change I want put in place yesterday LOL.

As for Soul Forge I think with the quest and my idea it lays down a great foundation to add onto this over time, with more ideas from the community.
+1 for Catapults if I can launch myself out off them for fun LOL.

Spread the word, and hopefully staff will make the change/s

Fattson

Grandmaster
Wow dude. I wish I could disagree with something. But your ideas and the ones you've collected are solid and would add some fire and passion back into crafting especially. Nice work.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Wow dude. I wish I could disagree with something. But your ideas and the ones you've collected are solid and would add some fire and passion back into crafting especially. Nice work.
Thanks bud means a lot coming from you. Hopefully this thread spreads and people have the same opinion you do and we get to see at least some of these ideas in game.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Lot of really great suggestions in this thread. I won't let this get buried. Thanks to everyone who has supported it via likes or vocally to me. I hope to see some implemented soon.
@Shane @eppy @Adam

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I like the soul forge idea, making it a meta and leveling it. Don't like the idea of it being like a Brit crafter site in your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk