Lumberjacking Question! Cant chop ANY trees??

Andrastian

Master
Okay so, I started my first crafter... Went out into the woods, smell of fresh pine washed over me... Picked up my hatchet and... Cant chop a single tree. "Cant use this on that" message. One every, single tree. What am i doing wrong?

Young Star

Grandmaster
I had that problem when I first came back. You need to Target a specific spot on the tree. I assume you are clicking where you imagine your character would swing his axe on the trunk. That is too low. The spot is usually higher in the branches or just under the branches.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Welcome to one of the more boring jobs ever created in UO, aside from training taming. :)
Couple questions:
1. Is your ax equipped? (dumb question, but you never know)
2. Are you using the 'Tree Hack' or normal client? (makes a difference where you click)
3. What Assistant are you using? (I have macros for both UOSteam and Razor)
4. Watch out for those damn snakes!

Andrastian

Master
Welcome to one of the more boring jobs ever created in UO, aside from training taming. :)
Couple questions:
2. Are you using the 'Tree Hack' or normal client? (makes a difference where you click)
I got it figured out! Razor macros and targeting the higher part of the trees has solved my problem.

thejellyman

Neophyte
Couple questions:

Where do you target with a tree hack?