Lockpicking SS

Samos

Novice
Hi all,

I tried to use +1 lockpicking SS but something strange (for me) happened.
I used 3 SS.
THe first gave me a +1 LP. nice.
THe second gave me +0.9 and the third +0.8. Is this normal ?

Thanx for help

Expendable

Master
It's adding the full point but it won't show it all the time as it's taking the hidden difference between actual skill and shown skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samos

Novice
Ok, thank you for answering.
Does that mean i'll see the real stat with the full +3 later ?
when i switch to real skill in my paperdoll it change nothing.

thanx again.

Tahuk

Apprentice
It means you got 3 full points in real skill.

Shown skill i think its a bonus based on your attributes, as your skills improve to GM the bonus slowly diminishes until you reach 90-GM real skill and at this point there is no bonus at all.

This is why you have minimal competence in many skills, even though you have spent 0 points in raising them.

Everytime you eat a +1 scroll you gain a full point in real skill, but as your skill get's higher the difference between shown and real skill is lowered.

Samos

Novice
Thanks but i think it was kind of a bug.
I was 96 and bought 4 +1 SS to GM it.
I took three of them without waiting between each and i gain +1, +0.9 and +0.8 then reach 98.7.
After waiting severals minutes, i try the fourth one and then gain +1. I'm in "show real" skills mod.

Thanks for answer.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Thanks but i think it was kind of a bug.
I was 96 and bought 4 +1 SS to GM it.
I took three of them without waiting between each and i gain +1, +0.9 and +0.8 then reach 98.7.
After waiting severals minutes, i try the fourth one and then gain +1. I'm in "show real" skills mod.

Thanks for answer.
You 100% were not in show real mode to begin with.

Samos

Novice
i didnt understood your post.
I'm sure that i was in "show real" mode when i used the SS (if its what you re talking about).

Tahuk

Apprentice
lol

Samos, if you are referring to these gains that pop up as a blue system message, they are telling you the shown skill gains.

If you have 96 REAL SKILL and eat 4 scrolls, you should be at GM.

Who knows, you may be experiencing a rare bug, i don't think anyone ever made such claims before hehe. If you really think it's a bug maybe contact staff. They won't give your points back but may look into the problem...

Samos

Novice
:) My English sucks :)
Thanks for answering me, ill contact staff to give them the information.
For the GM, ill get it with the old school way. 0.1 left now :)
Have fun !