1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layering 101: FAQ

Discussion in 'News' started by Swayze, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TyroneG

TyroneG Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2016
    TyroneG
    Bone legs are pants layer. I can't find anything that is OuterLegs layer. If you name an item I can try and find out.

If what you are wanting is to wear some sort of pants underneath your bone leggings this is impossible as the bone leggings are layered as pants and there are no available layering deeds underneath pants (it is the lowest on the list).

2. kolbycrouch

kolbycrouch Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Yea I see what your saying about pants on the bottom.

Skirt says OuterLegs in-game though.

3. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    thanks for the reply!
    But I wrote above, why earlier - you could do it, now - you can't.
    And no information about this change

also In the topic header says
    So many are mistaken and advised to try : earring slot, bracelet slot
    +++ also earring slot before that - worked fine

no cloak deed on dono vendor, cloak = ring slot ?
    so you recommend trying a ring slot?

- 3 k dono, same shit )
    [​IMG]

4. TyroneG

TyroneG Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2016
    TyroneG
    No I don't recommend trying ring slot... I said that there is no possible way to put anything above an item layered helm with the currently available layering deeds.

I'm not sure how earing layering slots worked before, but there may have been some special property set with them before this.

There is nothing wrong with what is said here? Not sure why you are quoting it like something that was said is wrong.

I could understand people complaining and asking for a refund if the information given in the first post was wrong. There is more than enough information as to what the outcome will be when layering an item, and thus far not a single person complaining has proven that any of the information is wrong.

Bromista and Swayze like this.
  5. Frank Virginia

Frank Virginia Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Midnight Toker, Cannon Balls , Get tothe Choppa, Michael myers
    Ok i'm just here to play a game and to enjoy my experiences. and one of them is this forum that the game staff moderates and provides for us players. i just want help is all. because i have been following your directions and they are not working. after are last discussion you told me to wear my bone mask as a bracelet layer and i tried.
    [​IMG] says i cant layer a bone mask with a bracelet layering deed...
    so i checked the first page with your original main post. and seen that you had said now to use the earring layering slot..
    for the third time i follow the staffs directions and do as they say.
    [​IMG]
    No lie tho i'm over here now like wtf.
    felling like i got swayzed.
    lol

plz pm me

6. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    2+2 = 4
    [​IMG]

where information about mask over normal helmet ?
    or staff answer on mine posts about it ? - why not just write = earlier it worked but now you can not do this? or its not work on bear mask...need tests... etc
    how many people test different variations with these layers?
    but I wrote that there are also some misunderstandings and in the chat rooms, why not just add additional information?

lol i don't need refund, i just want replace the dono spent on tickets in the lottery ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  7. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    This might be an old dono item that we need to change a setting. Pm me on http://discord.uoforever.com and I can fix that

8. Derrick

Derrick Well-Known Member

May 6, 2015
    TapouT
    I have the same issue with a "blackest Mask" i sent you a PM on http://discord.uoforever.com

9. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Some old bonemasks will need a setting changed in order for these layering deeds to work.

Bromista and parsnip like this.
  10. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    any reason there isn't a cloak layer deed? Would seem like that would be the one solution to get masks to be equipped over regular helms.

Bromista likes this.
  11. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    +1 cloak layer deed, only way to currently get an item in that slot is if staff custom layers a dono tier reward item for you

Also if you REALLY want something to ride overtop staff could add a talisman layer deed (tamers and bards only tho or else you won't be able to equip your tali)

I had a layer conflict long ago with hat/mask and sash layer deeds...and after some help from Shane I ended up with a talisman layered sash. The layer was a mystery for a year or two until they made it so you can see layers of all items. I don't even care that I have the only one (and one of only a couple cloak layered dono glasses) I'd still like to see these deeds added for da trams

[​IMG]

Everyone else is just playing catch up, anyway

lollo likes this.
  12. Young Star

Jul 6, 2015
    I would like to just wear trammy headgear without sacrificing a helmut AR on my warriors.

@eppy did have cloak layer deeds on test center before they went live. Not sure why the cloak slot deed didnt make the jump to live with the other slots.

13. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Don't even bother asking about head AR patches - at all - I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get staff to make those right and I regret every minute of it.

14. Young Star

Jul 6, 2015
    I dont want any patches. Just want to wear a regular helmut under a bear, deer, etc mask instead of have it stick out above it.

15. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh I gotcha.

But yeah there's too many pieces of headgear you can't patch.

Well and fixing being able to patch things once layered to a diff slot is an issue now.

It is what it is.

16. Tantreghan

Tantreghan Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2014
    tantreghan
    mr.smurf
    miss alyra arcana
    Has anyone been able to layer sandals Over platmail legs? I wear a robe and don't want it over the robe

17. andrewlcaudill23

andrewlcaudill23 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Wasn’t paying close enough attention and bought a pair of sandals layered to the outer torso, which makes my sleeves and chest disappear.

Is there an item to remove layering?
    If not, what layer could I feed to it to to where it won’t affect normal unaltered clothing.

18. Steezie E

Steezie E Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Re-layer the sandals

19. andrewlcaudill23

andrewlcaudill23 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Any suggestions on which layer to use? I find it all a bit confusing and just want the sandals to act as normally as possible.

20. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    sooo....any idea how to get glasses (they come in earring slot and cant change it for some reason) to go under an earring slot bone mask...which is under a helm deer mask?

robe is already bracelet layered, and changing the bone mask to ring put its under everything and makes my face look black

any ideas or not possible?