Is this a tamers only game now?

crazy-horse

Master
Last Halloween I was killing the holiday demons and drakes pretty regularly, this year I cant fight them at all. Have they been adjusted so only tamers can play the game now? Or am I just having an incredibly long streak of bad luck? Just need to know which so I know where I stand.

Yoko Kurama

Master
i made a long post about this a few weeks ago, but let me make it short.

THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT META DEXXERS/MAGES. Even in pvp, meta dexxers are OPd...

Tamers have it bad here, due to poor choices by staff with changes in the last few years..pet stat loss IS BROKEN. Pet movement speed, imho IS BROKEN.

Just make a meta-dexxer (or mage) they are overpowered, and never really get nerfed. Meta talisman users can kill high end paragons easier than tamers, for the most part...with slayer weapon and armor (and spellbooks!!) and a max level talisman, the only place that tamers really excel and can compete is in a few RDA. Again, TAMERS CAN'T COMPETE WITH META-DEXXERS/MAGES...IT IS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

I'ma live forever, cause gangstas don't break
We just get plastic surgery and relocate
To anotha state, or server

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
i made a long post about this a few weeks ago, but let me make it short.

THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT META DEXXERS/MAGES. Even in pvp, meta dexxers are OPd...

Tamers have it bad here, due to poor choices by staff with changes in the last few years..pet stat loss IS BROKEN. Pet movement speed, imho IS BROKEN.

Just make a meta-dexxer (or mage) they are overpowered, and never really get nerfed. Meta talisman users can kill high end paragons easier than tamers, for the most part...with slayer weapon and armor (and spellbooks!!) and a max level talisman, the only place that tamers really excel and can compete is in a few RDA. Again, TAMERS CAN'T COMPETE WITH META-DEXXERS/MAGES...IT IS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

I'ma live forever, cause gangstas don't break
We just get plastic surgery and relocate
To anotha state, or server

you must be a shitty tamer then

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
you must be a shitty tamer then
I have a lvl 7 max spider and a lvl 7 max dragon. I can outscore my tamer with a meta dexxer at 90% of spawns or rdas. Can also outscore my tamer at invasions. Meta talismans are insanely strong. And them being used for pvp purposes literally makes them OP. *Note staff has said they made talismans affect pvp because they wanted to. It was intended.

lollo

Grandmaster
I have a lvl 7 max spider and a lvl 7 max dragon. I can outscore my tamer with a meta dexxer at 90% of spawns or rdas. Can also outscore my tamer at invasions. Meta talismans are insanely strong. And them being used for pvp purposes literally makes them OP. *Note staff has said they made talismans affect pvp because they wanted to. It was intended.

You're exagerating as usual. Or your tamer sucks at doing champs and rdas. 90% lol

Xiulan

Master
pet stat loss IS BROKEN. Pet movement speed, imho IS BROKEN.

Agreed, these are broken. I gather that there used to be a small handful of people who used pets in PvP and the nerfs were supposed to address that, but the changes also affect all the PvM tamers who are just trying to farm.

Pets are stupid slow and it's annoying. Walk a few steps, stop and wait for pet to catch up. Walk a few steps, stop and wait. Walk a few too many steps, go back a screen to retrieve pet. These things are supposed to be killing machines but they gimp along like grampas in walkers? It's stupid.

Why couldn't they have just made it so a pet being used as an aggressor against a player will move slow, if that was the goal?

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Agreed, these are broken. I gather that there used to be a small handful of people who used pets in PvP and the nerfs were supposed to address that, but the changes also affect all the PvM tamers who are just trying to farm.

Pets are stupid slow and it's annoying. Walk a few steps, stop and wait for pet to catch up. Walk a few steps, stop and wait. Walk a few too many steps, go back a screen to retrieve pet. These things are supposed to be killing machines but they gimp along like grampas in walkers? It's stupid.

Why couldn't they have just made it so a pet being used as an aggressor against a player will move slow, if that was the goal?
people cry and people have staff in their guild. Changes will happen.

girana

Grandmaster

there wasnt even a handful of people. @steve-o was the only guy who used non mount pets in PvP and he made EQMS cry soo hard so it got broken.

Bobby123

Grandmaster

Because eqms cried abt it 24/7 for several months hence changes to nerf pets were implemented .

StegcO

Grandmaster
Look "Sell" section, you can find a lot of user that are tired of SuperSlowPets, selling theyre lvl5 meta and buy all relic for a Dexxer, more user-friendly to sue and you di more or less the same point at champ.

Tamer is not anymore end game template, it's a fact.

lollo

Grandmaster
Look "Sell" section, you can find a lot of user that are tired of SuperSlowPets, selling theyre lvl5 meta and buy all relic for a Dexxer, more user-friendly to sue and you di more or less the same point at champ.

Tamer is not anymore end game template, it's a fact.

I think tamers are super strong as they are now, the real problem is that zerkers (and in a lesser way defense talismans) are way too op compared to the investment needed. And they are also much easier to play at champs.

It's too bad I don't have time to play more than 1-2 days a week nowadays, otherwise i'd 100% sell my meta pets and get zerker relics for 1/10th the price and train a meta dexer.

Which brings me to the next point, why can't i just fucking buy a pre trained meta dexer talisman from someone else? this doesn't make any sense @eppy