1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing: Shadow of the Rogue Talisman

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, May 26, 2017.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

What's this? Ultima Online Forever mentions something and quickly delivers?
    Yes, this is and will be the new face of Ultima Online Forever and we will be doing a complete campaign around it and "getting back to our roots".
    We are really excited about this.
    (More on this later)

Now to what you all are interested in!

Shadow Of The Rogue

The Shadow Of The Rogue talisman is a take on the classic rpg rogue class. It includes four new relics and an entirely new relic leveling concept. The talisman itself levels in the same manner of the existing talismen. The built in bonuses are:
    • Knives get a Level * 20% bonus to knife weapons
    • Crossbows get a Level * 13% bonus
    • The wearer gains the ability to run while stealthed to a distance of 5 * level tiles

The Relics available for the Shadow of the Rouge:

• Disembowel - bleed attack that does 10 ticks of relic level damage every 30 seconds
    • Elude - damage absorbtion of relic level * 2% every 30 seconds that lasts up to 20 seconds per activation
    • Ruthless - This is a passive relic that gives relic level * 2% bonus damage to poisoned targets. This is always on and does not give trigger notifications.
    • Shadow Dance - area effect attack that hits up to 4 nearby creatures with bonus damage based on relic level

The relic leveling mechanic is designed to make the leveling process much less cumbersome and yet reward those that dedicate themselves to using this talisman.

• The talisman tracks kills of all creatures that have over 160 max hit points
    • The relic levels of the talisman are based on the number of kills recorded. 20 kills for level 2 relics, 50 kills for level 3 relics, 90 kills for level 4 relics, 150 for 5, 300 for 6, etc
    • Every 24 hours 100 kills will decay from the total kill count
    • You can build up to 700 kills but the total will be capped at that number

This talisman and relics will be available entirely on the gold sink vendor. The talisman itself for 1m gold and each relic for 4m.

THIS IS NOW IMPLEMENTED ON THE GOLD SINK VENDOR. THIS ITEM HAS GONE THROUGH TESTING WITH VARIOUS PLAYERS AND STAFF HOWEVER IT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE SEE FIT. WE HAVE MORE ADDITIONS AND PLANS FOR THIS TALISMAN, HOWEVER THIS IS THE BASE WE DECIDED TO IMPLEMENT AND BALANCE FIRST.

Thank you,
    The Ultima Online Forever Staff

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. tonkLoD

tonkLoD Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2013
    koakuma
    Ferio Cerio
    a taiwanese boy
    SICK!

Mordacaie1234 likes this.
  3. Zog'orium

Zog'orium Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Zog
    Hoowah!

Mordacaie1234 likes this.
  4. zorgulg

zorgulg Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Other than the 5 tile run in stealth all the other bonuses are just damage bonuses for killing monsters?

5. Mordacaie1234

Mordacaie1234 Member

May 20, 2017
    Mordacaie
    All talisman are strictly pvm based. The running five tiles while stealthed is very op for thieves and stealth pks lol very well done gj uoforever team thumbs ☝

Darkarna likes this.
  6. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    THE SHADOW OF THE ROGUE TALISMAN IS NOW IN GAME ON THE GOLD SINK VENDOR.

Other things you may have noticed:

New jousting item for RP purposes on the gold sink vendor have been added. This is a universal weapon for ALL warrior skills. It is a basic item specifically made for the friday night jousting events but can be used whenever (even though it won't help much against mobs/general pvp).

Removed conquests. Some of you might be upset about this, however you will now notice our save times have gone down more than 15 seconds. We are going to rework conquests into a more simple system compared to the resource heavy system it currently is.

The unused account purge will free up more save time (June 1st).

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Sparhawk and Darkarna like this.
  7. Daddys Money

Daddys Money Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Daddys Money

8. baddie

baddie Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Dolf Lundgren
    Banshee Cry
    i make a motion that all damage to players can only be done via lance. let the lance wars begin

9. Darkarna

Darkarna Well-Known Member

May 18, 2013
    Absolutely fecking wonderful. There goes my plans for a future without UO, I hope you are all satisfied, especially when I gain an extra 30lbs and need to spend an extra 30 hours a week in game.. Damn it @Shane , why?

Massive respect for providing us shadowy ones something to chew on...

I will add, I think this might be the first thing ever implemented for thieves which we can actually use for both PVM and PVP orientated stuff..

Zoobler likes this.
  10. Josh D

Josh D Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2015
    *something* D-port
    Will Arms Lore play any role in attacking mobs with over 100 wrestle? (which I think is only bosses)

11. Josh D

Josh D Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2015
    *something* D-port
    And I assume this will gain the additional 10% damage bonus per level, on top of the bonus to crossbows and knifes/daggers?

12. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2016
    So cool, lances even dip when charging on horse!. Something I really wish spears did too instead of waving in the air like a flagpole minus flag

Bromista and Zoobler like this.
  13. Macunzo

Macunzo Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Eppy kept a bit quiet regarding the damage bonus. 13%*lvl for xbows (plus xbows became somewhat faster) would be a lot. No additional 10% though, I think.

14. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    sounds exspensive!!! I need some gold

Darkarna likes this.
  15. Darkarna

Darkarna Well-Known Member

May 18, 2013
    I know the feeling... Damn it.. Knew I shouldn't have gone overboard in the local taverns..

16. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    lol ya i know the feeling, i had a few month hiatus

17. Chediak

Chediak Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Factavi [Sir.]
    Enoch Mazirion [Sir.]
    How much effect will the poisoning bonus be when fighting higher end mobs? Aren't most of them immune to poison?

18. Josh D

Josh D Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2015
    *something* D-port
    Anyone know if this also applies to Heavy X-bows, or just x-bows?

And yeah @Macunzo, the damage bonuses for relics could go either way, but I was just hoping for clarity @eppy .

19. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    armslore works with mage tali so pretty sure its works with this too

20. Josh D

Josh D Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2015
    *something* D-port
    Ah cmon Girana, don't start trolling this yet