Increase bank space

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah, i'd rather not develop on the bank system at all. I got a ton of expensive stuff in there. just get a house.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I have a house but I want more bank space and there has to be a number limit because a long time ago on the OSI servers there was no limit on the number of items that could be put in a container but people would lag the server by putting endless amounts of single gold coins in their banks.

I agree that reds or pvpers are killing the server because it seems like it's mostly a pvp server instead of a dynamic server for all types of players.

Ric Savage

Journeyman
I have a house but I want more bank space and there has to be a number limit because a long time ago on the OSI servers there was no limit on the number of items that could be put in a container but people would lag the server by putting endless amounts of single gold coins in their banks.

I agree that reds or pvpers are killing the server because it seems like it's mostly a pvp server instead of a dynamic server for all types of players.

It's funny how the reds have been killing the server for over two years now and its still up and doing better than ever.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
It's funny how the reds have been killing the server for over two years now and its still up and doing better than ever.

u know nothing with your 26 posts, plz stfu

anyways... what the hell do u need besides regs, reg bags off corpses and bandages and other stuff??

u should be selling to a npc vendor anything NOT vanq 25, power 25, indestructable invul, indestructable fort armor... everything else you shouldn't even be picking up.... 125items-500items....GTFOH

amonseti

Grandmaster
Wow typical forum ass hats .. what is it in people to find a need to ridicule when it comes to forums. The OP had a resonable idea / request that could be grown from. I find no need for you dickheads blasting this guy, So grow the fuck up and find other outlets to compinsate for your lack of lifeskills . Or come up with an alternate idea for a rebuttle and think constructivly for a change .. I reccomend you flamers spend some time and have a quick read of this book > Please read me as it is something you obviously need in your life.

Any how this is my rebuttle to the OP. I think instantly just increasing bank storage to 500 serves no purpose other then hording , I do however feel a bank increase of some sort is required with the amount of unique unstackable crafting componets this server has. Also any increase in any form should not be free, but something earned or purchased. IE adding bank increase deeds to the plat / goldsink vendors in say 25 additional slots per deed, with a max increase of say 250.

But to be totally unique I also came up with an idea some time ago, of instead of increasing limits on things would be to have a new special Chest that would only ever count as 1 item toward houes / bank / backpack (where ever its placed) limits . This Chest would be like any other chest where you can put up to 125 items into it and when locked down would ignore weight restrictions , Essentially its no diffrent then any other chest except that it no matter how many items are inside it would only ever count as 1.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
u know nothing with your 26 posts, plz stfu

anyways... what the hell do u need besides regs, reg bags off corpses and bandages and other stuff??

u should be selling to a npc vendor anything NOT vanq 25, power 25, indestructable invul, indestructable fort armor... everything else you shouldn't even be picking up.... 125items-500items....GTFOH

I have 3 accounts but only one house and I want to keep it that way. I know that I could place a bigger house on my plot than I currently have but I need to empty my house of all it's content before doing that. Things like plants and seeds aren't stackable and I don't have a seed box yet.

Also, I know what GFTO means but I don't know what GFTOH is.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
im giving u shit, dont get so defensive....

its a horrible idea man... GREAT for new players, but dude... once your past that phase... as u said u got 3 accounts, 3 houses... invest in 1 18x18, your main has all your stuff and bam.... do u really need 50x of the same seed? ;\

tader

Expert
im giving u shit, dont get so defensive....

its a horrible idea man... GREAT for new players, but dude... once your past that phase... as u said u got 3 accounts, 3 houses... invest in 1 18x18, your main has all your stuff and bam.... do u really need 50x of the same seed? ;\
Yes yes I really do need 50 of the same seed but that's beside the point. Increased bank space is a burden on the server databases.

tader

Expert
Only if they are useing servers from the 80's
So you want to go from 12 second save times back to 30 second save times? People are hoarders and will use as much space as which is provided to them. An across the board space increase will be used and will increase save times. This is just a fact.

So you want to go from 12 second save times back to 30 second save times? People are hoarders and will use as much space as which is provided to them. An across the board space increase will be used and will increase save times. This is just a fact.

125 items is nothing....even if they just doubled it, it would help a lot or bump it up to 200. Hell, make it a gold sync or dono thing.

Regarding the save times, I don't think it would impact that much as long as we get some dono coins to support the increase.

amonseti

Grandmaster
So you want to go from 12 second save times back to 30 second save times?
Well Data bases dont work like that they dont resave data that has not been changed.. If everyone is takeing stuff out of bank and putting back in bank over and over again for every second of game play .. yeah might cause save time issues .. however I dont see people continuosly moving all there shit out of there bank and then putting it back in over and over .. unless they are trying to cause sever issues which would be similar to what DDOS attacks do ..

But even if one person wants to be a dick and does this , it will likely not even be noticable . everyone online would have to be doing this to there banks to cause any effect

tader

Expert
Well Data bases dont work like that they dont resave data that has not been changed.. If everyone is takeing stuff out of bank and putting back in bank over and over again for every second of game play .. yeah might cause save time issues .. however I dont see people continuosly moving all there shit out of there bank and then putting it back in over and over .. unless they are trying to cause sever issues which would be similar to what DDOS attacks do ..
I don't believe the save file is incremental but I could be wrong as I haven't looked into runuo that much.